NHL 2017

Started by Milltown Row2, February 10, 2017, 08:39:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Usual suspects this year or can we see a change??

Heading to Kilkenny this weekend, hoping for a good game. Maybe a win for Waterford.. any reports on the Galway Kilkenny game last weekend??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

I think Waterford are primed. Young team, mainly, but one which has a lot of experience of winning. Good hurlers, which is the most important thing, and hopefully an evolving gameplan. If Offaly can't win it, (ahem) and Tipperary don't win it, I would love to see Waterford or Limerick winning it. But if Waterford win it, I hope they win it by trusting their hurlers and playing the game properly, not by trying to concede as little as possible and sneaking over the line. Go for it.

I will tip Waterford for Munster, Kilkenny for Leinster and a Waterford/Tipperary AIF (draw permitting)

Farrandeelin

What about Wexford and Davy Fitz?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AZOffaly

What about them?

In all seriousness, if they do anything, it probably will be this year. Davy and Wexford is a match made in heaven, they are as mad as each other (I mean that in a nice way), but if he doesn't get it out of them this year, that relationship would turn sparky soon enough I'd say, and Davy's dad isn't secretary of the Wexford Co. Board.

johnneycool

I think its between Waterford and Tipp for the Div1A title with the Dubs in a relegation scrap/playoff with Clare more than likely as I don't think the Clare lads are designed for Winter hurling.
Kilkenny will be experimenting more than most in this league.

Div1B I think Galway will come straight up, but not without a sweat in a few games. Wexford and Limerick to be moaning again about how unfair the system is.
Laois and Kerry to be in the bottom battle irrespective of who wins out this Sunday.

In Div2A Antrim might need a result in Carlow to go up, but Westmeath and a Kildare team loaded with outsiders are worth watching in what will be a competitive league. Armagh to be relegated.

Div2B Meath would be favourites, but Down are resurgent of late and even if they get beat this sunday in Navan would be hopeful of meeting Meath again in the decider. Meath would still have it though, Derry are also under new local management and a few players back in the fold may put them in the reckoning. Mayo and Wicklow won't be pushed over either.
Roscommon to go down.

manfromdelmonte

TJ Reid winning his customary soft frees here

imtommygunn

A few markers bring laid down for later in the summer here.

imtommygunn

This is one rough game.

Milltown Row2

Nowlan park was Baltic today, so giving the conditions and first proper game it was grand, Waterford took their time to get going but managed to sneak a win. I'd backed them at 7/4 but it never looked safe until final whistle... both teams not at full strength so be hard to take anything from that...

Waterford straight back at it against Tipp next week, no early easy games for them
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 12, 2017, 08:26:56 PM
Nowlan park was Baltic today, so giving the conditions and first proper game it was grand, Waterford took their time to get going but managed to sneak a win. I'd backed them at 7/4 but it never looked safe until final whistle... both teams not at full strength so be hard to take anything from that...

Waterford straight back at it against Tipp next week, no early easy games for them

Kilkenny were a lot stronger in terms of team selection that would be normal for them, Buckley, the Murphy's Eoin and Paul, TJ Reid, Richie Hogan, Holden and Walter coming on at halftime. Barring the Fennelly's and the wee lad who did the cruciate early last year, who else is going to add to the team that isn't new or with only a year or two's run out?

Waterford also had a pretty strong outfit on the field and will be pleased with the win.

johnneycool

Oh, and some mad refereeing in both the game in Nowlan park and in Wexford where Limerick were denied a blatant penalty and not a red card in sight.

Keep the game flowing lads.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on February 13, 2017, 09:23:03 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 12, 2017, 08:26:56 PM

Kilkenny were a lot stronger in terms of team selection that would be normal for them, Buckley, the Murphy's Eoin and Paul, TJ Reid, Richie Hogan, Holden and Walter coming on at halftime. Barring the Fennelly's and the wee lad who did the cruciate early last year, who else is going to add to the team that isn't new or with only a year or two's run out?

Waterford also had a pretty strong outfit on the field and will be pleased with the win.

Hogan played corner forward, he'd a good tussle with his marker the whole game, missed a few chances that normally go over, but Id imagine he'll get his sights back on track, TJ missed two frees i think that normally are gimmies for him..... Was chatting to a lad in the pub and he was saying that Cody was giving a lot of game time to young lads coming through, who knows what the production line will throw up

imtommygunn

It was mad seeing the difference in the hurling and the football.

it was hard to know what constituted a foul in KK-Waterford as you needed a serious battering. Football comes on and within a minute michael Murphy falls over without much happening him and free in. He'd have been laughed out of the place for looking a foul in the hurling for that.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 13, 2017, 11:22:35 AM

it was hard to know what constituted a foul in KK-Waterford as you needed a serious battering. Football comes on and within a minute michael Murphy falls over without much happening him and free in. He'd have been laughed out of the place for looking a foul in the hurling for that.
he got a free everytime he fell over

Farrandeelin

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 13, 2017, 11:22:35 AM

Conor Lane, for all his faults lets the game of football 'flow' as much as possible.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.