Munster Senior Hurling championship 2016 .

Started by ashman, May 20, 2016, 11:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on June 19, 2016, 04:56:25 PM
It takes a particular breed of cowardly bollox to strike someone with the hurl.

I wouldn't have said it was a bad strike of any force to be fair... Limerick lad got booked for a dangerous block which was a lot worse there now

red card though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 19, 2016, 05:27:56 PM

I wouldn't have said it was a bad strike of any force to be fair... Limerick lad got booked for a dangerous block which was a lot worse there now

red card though
Definite red card for Bubbles.

Should have been a red card for Hickey! A far more dangerous strike. Blocking down on the hand & no-where near the ball when it was struck

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on June 19, 2016, 05:47:51 PM

red card though
Definite red card for Bubbles.

Should have been a red card for Hickey! A far more dangerous strike. Blocking down on the hand & no-where near the ball when it was struck
He has a history of doing it too

AZOffaly

red card though

Bubbles had to go. He has a short fuse that he needs to watch. You can't lash back with the hurl like that. I know the lad caught him as he was getting rid of the ball, but that's stupid stuff. I was watching him afterwards, he had his head in his hands all the way to half time in the dugout. Gutted is not the word I'd say, but maybe a harsh lesson for him. Learn and move on. Chance for Niall O'Meara or Jason Forde to stake a claim now you'd imagine in the Munster final.

That performance yesterday wouldn't cut it against Waterford. Way too wasteful when they could have nailed Limerick to the wall. But that's not a bad way to be going into a Munster Final either.

waterfordlad

Limerick were disappointing yesterday. They never looked like winning despite the extra man for 55 minutes and lacked the traditional Limerick intensity and aggression. According to Waterford local radio this morning the final venue most likely to be Limerick but will be confirmed in next 2 days.

johnneycool

Quote from: waterfordlad on June 20, 2016, 10:59:40 AM
Limerick were disappointing yesterday. They never looked like winning despite the extra man for 55 minutes and lacked the traditional Limerick intensity and aggression. According to Waterford local radio this morning the final venue most likely to be Limerick but will be confirmed in next 2 days.

I didn't get to see a whole pile of the game, but the bit I did see the Tipp backs didn't look overly under pressure with the Limerick forwards offering very little threat. Seamus Hickey looked to be having a mare out in the half back line..

Canalman

Very underwhelming hurling championship so far to say the least.

Hurling imo anyway a way better game when played on a knockout  or final basis.

AZOffaly

I think there's no doubt the Munster Championship has suffered with the Qualifier system. Limerick had no fire yesterday at all. Very strange.

southderryman

Quote from: heffo on June 06, 2016, 10:58:41 PM
Quote from: southderryman on June 06, 2016, 10:46:25 PM
Lads what's the script with the venue for the final?

I know it'll be either thurles or limerick but is there any home/away arrangements in place?

Will the fact that every game has/will be in thurles mean they'll take it to the GG anyway?

We've booked to go to thurles for the weekend of the final so just hoping there's no changes required

It'll be in Thurles unless Waterford 'sell off' the neutral venue to Limerick (if they beat Tipp) - which is highly unlikely

Confirmed for limerick

http://munster.gaa.ie/fixtures/senior/

Premier Emperor

Quote from: johnneycool on June 20, 2016, 12:11:26 PM
Quote from: waterfordlad on June 20, 2016, 10:59:40 AM

I didn't get to see a whole pile of the game, but the bit I did see the Tipp backs didn't look overly under pressure with the Limerick forwards offering very little threat. Seamus Hickey looked to be having a mare out in the half back line..
The media seem to be claiming Limerick playing badly instead of focussing on how Tipperary hurled them off the field with 14 men!

SuperMac

Quote from: southderryman on June 20, 2016, 10:03:18 PM

Confirmed for limerick

http://munster.gaa.ie/fixtures/senior/
I think this is a bit unfair for Waterford. It's right next to Tipperary but they have to travel quiet far to get there. Should have been in Cork, but can't see the Deise catching Tipp on the hop.

AZOffaly

Bord na Mona man

Put it in Killarney to have equal inconvenience!

southderryman

Lads a wee bit of advice needed...

Had booked hotel in thurles thinking the game would be there

Have hotel in limerick booked now (free cancellation)

Best to stay in thurles or limerick? Best pubs?
4 friends of mine also staying in thurles

What's the train / bus services like between limerick and thurles?

Any info appreciated