Kilkenny v Tipp

Started by Catscream, August 20, 2014, 07:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

pullhard

Quote from: theskull1 on September 23, 2014, 02:23:25 PM
What's up with him?
Was thinking the same? Have the Kilkenny board allowed club championship to proceed between finals?

johnneycool

Quote from: pullhard on September 23, 2014, 02:59:50 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on September 23, 2014, 02:23:25 PM
What's up with him?
Was thinking the same? Have the Kilkenny board allowed club championship to proceed between finals?

No, He was taken off in the drawn game due to a calf injury.

pullhard

fingers crossed want to see the best players in the big games

Catscream

Latest rumors for Kilkenny starting 15,

Sheff at FF
Mark Kelly at FF
Richie Hogan at Midfield and Centre forward
Mick Fennelly at Midfield.
Brian Hogan dropped.
Joey Holden dropped.
P Walsh at Midfield and half forward.
Walter Walsh dropped

The rumor mill continues.

AZOffaly

So The Kilkenny team is

Murphy

Murphy           JJ                     Jackie

Nobody         Nobody              Buckley

Richie H  Mick Fennelly and Padraig Walsh

Padraig Walsh        Richie Hogan         eoin Larkin

Colin Fennelly        Henry Shefflin and Mark Kelly   Ritchie Power

Interesting set up. Lot of work for Padraig and Richie to do, but I like the double full forward idea.

Catscream

Basically that sums it up.

Catscream

More seriously: would love to see M Fennelly at mid and Richie Hogan at CF. I think Ricie and TJ would be unstoppable in the same line while Fennelly would secure up around the half back line. I hope Walter Walsh is dropped and anyone who replaces him would be an improvement. On the Henry matter yes he looks lean and fit but I think the ferocity and pace that Tipp are hurling with would leave him caught for pace everywhere except for FF and I would not be taking R. Power out of there as his fitness levels will be much improved after 3 weeks and the goals will follow.

pullhard

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 23, 2014, 05:02:32 PM
So The Kilkenny team is

Murphy

Murphy           JJ                     Jackie

Nobody         Nobody              Buckley

Richie H  Mick Fennelly and Padraig Walsh

Padraig Walsh        Richie Hogan         eoin Larkin

Colin Fennelly        Henry Shefflin and Mark Kelly   Ritchie Power

Interesting set up. Lot of work for Padraig and Richie to do, but I like the double full forward idea.

Inspired by Utd no doubt! Sure JJ could cover full and wing back. After his performance in the last game it'd be rather tricky to drop Power, Which could leave a nice opening for Tommy on the wing.

I cant cant cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

johnneycool

Like Henry I think the pace of the game may be too much for wee Tommy.

imtommygunn

How old is tommy walsh? He not a bit young to be of the pace?

Kidder81

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 23, 2014, 10:15:10 PM
How old is tommy walsh? He not a bit young to be of the pace?

31, old by IC standards, he has a lot of miles in his legs at this stage.

gallsman

Be interesting to see if KK take Hogan (assuming he's fit) out of midfield and put him on Maher. He didn't have the greatest of first halves in the middle last day but he absolutely annihilated Maher when he moved onto him - hammering the hammer as Tomás O'Sé and Eddie Brennan were saying. Maher is a huge player for Tipp, his catches and clearances very inspirational for both the team and the fans. If KK shut him down early, they'll be well on their way.

My view after the drawn game was that KK had more room to improve and, barring injury, still make them out to be favourites. If Hogan is injured, balance ships back towards Kilkenny.

In the backs, I'd bring Joyce in for Holden and move Buckley across. If Brian Hogan is having a bad day, Joyce can play CHB too.

Catscream

Love the look of the KK team, think M Fennelly will start at MF. Full of pace in forwards, two great engines in MF and P Walsh will give great cover in the backs.

KK by 4-6

maxpower

What happens next????