Kilkenny v Tipp

Started by Catscream, August 20, 2014, 07:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Brilliant. Tipp should have been out of sight with the amount of goal chances they had.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Zip Code

Great match - I think hawkeye was wrong!!  :o

Zip Code

Replay Sat 27th- I thought it would have been next Sunday?

Captain Obvious

All Ireland almost won by a hawk eye decision.

Asal Mor

Phenomenal stuff and huge performances under pressure from the big players. Delighted it wasn't decided by that contentious free. Even more thrilled we'll get to see them play again.

seafoid

Quote from: Zip Code on September 07, 2014, 05:02:28 PM
Replay Sat 27th- I thought it would have been next Sunday?
Lacrosse competition organised by the Ancient order of Hibernians (Notre Dame) , worth 9 billion to the Dublin economy , business decision
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Quote from: Asal Mor on September 07, 2014, 05:04:02 PM
Phenomenal stuff and huge performances under pressure from the big players. Delighted it wasn't decided by that contentious free. Even more thrilled we'll get to see them play again.
If Galway could get a few lads who can score long range points we could be there or thereabouts next year 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Canalman

Geat game. Hands up I didnt think KK had it in them. V well reffed imo.

Asal Mor

Quote from: seafoid on September 07, 2014, 05:05:31 PM
If Galway could get a few lads who can score long range points we could be there or thereabouts next year

We live in hope seafoid and you're right to look on the bright side because there's way too much doom and gloom around Galway hurling.

It's not often I'm right about anything so I would like to point out that when they brought in the 20 meter line rule for frees, I predicted on here that it would pay for defenders to commit professional fouls. We saw it today, although the second penalty was outside the box.

didlyi

Yes I thought the ref had a great game and added to what was probably the best AI final Ive seen.

Zulu

Quote from: Asal Mor on September 07, 2014, 05:38:30 PM
Quote from: seafoid on September 07, 2014, 05:05:31 PM

We live in hope seafoid and you're right to look on the bright side because there's way too much doom and gloom around Galway hurling.

It's not often I'm right about anything so I would like to point out that when they brought in the 20 meter line rule for frees, I predicted on here that it would pay for defenders to commit professional fouls. We saw it today, although the second penalty was outside the box.

To be fair they were incredibly poor penalties, the first one in particular. I don't think we can say the penalty is unfair yet though it does appear to be. I think it is fine in distance terms but we could look at the amount of players on the line.

Apparently so

Absolutely unreal stuff. Fair fucks to both teams, the entire game was played at a mental speed and it was a game that made you proud to be a hurling man. Can't wait until the replay, hopefully more of the same

Btw, O'Dwyer is a sensational hurler. Very impressive in both the semi and the final. There is so much skill in that Tipp forward line with Callanan, McGrath and Corbett had a much game today than the semi against Limerick. Maher was fantastic at winning high balls also and is a vital option in that team

David McKeown

Quote from: didlyi on September 07, 2014, 05:39:34 PM
Yes I thought the ref had a great game and added to what was probably the best AI final Ive seen.

I thought the ref had a stinker and let Tipp backs away with murder in the first half (although I understand these were hard to see on the tv) also I thought it was against the rule book for a ref to ask an umpire about where a foul occurred.  Nearly had huge ramifications on the game.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner