Cork hurlers 2010

Started by Asal Mor, December 23, 2009, 05:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: Onlooker on December 24, 2009, 03:26:09 PM
In all honesty, reillers, do you think that playing Cussen and Aisake in the full forward line is going to turn Cork into a Championship winning team.  If that is the best Denis Walsh can come up with Cork are in for a lean year.

For the love of.. Did I say that they were?
But is it a positive thing that Cussen has chosen hurling over football when it comes to the hurling team. Of course it is. He's more of a chance of starting with the hurlers then if he was on the football squad.

I doubt you've ever seen him play, not many people have. And Aisake is said to have gotten his touch back and really come on in the past few months, which is again, great  for Cork.

I never said for one minute that they were our key to success, but it's a postiive.

deiseach

Quote from: heffo on December 24, 2009, 03:31:06 PM
I'm not in the least bit bitter about any GAA player earning vast sums from commercial endorsements - the number one earner in this area in the country is from Cork and he made in the order of €250k in 2008 from commercial deals - the best of luck to him - there is no need for me to name him - it's clear who I'm referring to.

In fairness, heffo, it's not at all clear to whom you refer. At the risk of encouraging idle gossip, I'd like to hear a name

Reillers

Quote from: deiseach on December 24, 2009, 03:50:36 PM
I'm not in the least bit bitter about any GAA player earning vast sums from commercial endorsements - the number one earner in this area in the country is from Cork and he made in the order of €250k in 2008 from commercial deals - the best of luck to him - there is no need for me to name him - it's clear who I'm referring to.

In fairness, heffo, it's not at all clear to whom you refer. At the risk of encouraging idle gossip, I'd like to hear a name

Sure can't ya guess? Sure it's obvious.  ;) ;)
I mean you could take a guess, and he's such an easy target the lad I'm thinking of, just really can't remember the last time I've seen him or any Cork player in any paper, or launch..etc.
And besides, he's no proof, and nothing to back it up with, just his word, and by his posts, by his theories Kilkenny are in for one fuckin horrible pre season.  :D :D

INDIANA

Quote from: Reillers on December 24, 2009, 03:30:19 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on December 24, 2009, 03:23:16 PM
Quote from: Reillers on December 24, 2009, 03:14:08 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on December 24, 2009, 02:59:29 PM
Whats wrong with it is that they hammered the teams your precious Cork team couldn't beat. Go figure. Perhaps Santa Claus will bring you some cop on tomorrow.

And those teams would be? What team have they "hammered" that Cork haven't beaten? Tipp, Waterford, Galway?
Do you not think that Limerick and Waterford were not pathetically easy for Kilkenny. Yes they were incredibly good, I mean close to perfection against Waterford, and bloody brilliant against Limerick, but neither even made it challenging, never mind a hard game? Do you disagree?

And the point you have about my post is one I didn't bring up? So what exactly is wrong with what I've said?

Read carefully while I spell it out for you.

In 2007 They hammered a Limerick team that beat a Waterford team Cork couldn't beat ;D

In 2008 they beat you by 9 points in the semi final.

Now repeat that back to me and I'll go through anything you don't understand. Why don;t you show them some God-damned respect you clown.

But we have beaten them and we were the closest anyone else got to Kilkenny in 08.
You still haven't answered my question. The point you're harping on about isn't something I brought up in my posts.
And who exactly do you think you are. You've shown as much knowledge about hurling as a Kerry man, you site newspaper after newspaper and second opinions for you're soruces of information.
I've called Kilkenny a great team, now read real carefully through my posts again, and maybe concentrate on the part where I said that they were near perfect..they're a great team, does that mean I've to get sucked in like you're type and call them the best ever team without putting in some serious thought..please, you "clown." I mean grow up, if all you can do instead of replying to a post is insult, then don't bother posting at all. It's a waste of our time. I mean any time there is a genuine conversation to be had about Cork hurling, all you Heffo and OM do is ruin it and turn to your bitter opinions, moan, bitch and insult. Says a lot really. I mean have ye nothing better do?

I mean clearly you've shown you've no interest, knowledge, or any idea of the workings of Cork GAA, or much hurling in general to be fair, you've clearly stated how much you despise the Cork team so why bother wasting our time just posting insult after insult. Wouldn't it be much more productive posting on something you like, or getting a life or something. I mean why bother? Have you really nothing better to do the come on here and insult and moan all the time? What a sad life you most live.

I'm sick to death of hearing KK being called the greatest team of all time, it's typical D4 type media reporting, fawning over their best players of all time..etc. Put todays KK team up against one of the greats way back when and we'd see a different story.
They've had a nice, easy as it comes, few years, I mean the Leinster Championship? Limerick, Waterford, neither being the best team there. No problems what so ever because they are the land of milk and honey.
Anyway....

If the above isn't a lack of respect then I don't know what is. As for getting a life-

-I don't post 2 pages  of rehased versions of guff I posted 6 months ago

-I don't dis-respect the greatest hurling team of all time

- I don't live in never never land when it comes to assessing the merits of teams including my own

- i don't disrespect the small hurling community in Kerry in places like Lixnaw where they are every bit as passionate about hurling as anyone from Newtownshandrum is.

- I also thankfully realise when another team is simply better than my own and don't suffer from a rare form of Cork induced paranoid psychosis where we've all put in a Time Machine back to the days of Christy Ring.

Now hopefully Santa does the decent thing tomorrow.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on December 24, 2009, 03:38:31 PM
Quote from: Reillers on December 24, 2009, 02:51:40 PM
Quote from: heffo on December 24, 2009, 12:30:52 PM
Quote from: Reillers on December 24, 2009, 01:02:04 AM
Quote from: Asal Mor on December 23, 2009, 05:23:38 AM
I was wondering if any of the Cork lads on here might be able to tell us how they are looking for 2010. I'd love to see the Cork hurlers back to their brilliant best next year but the odds are against them. They lost a lot of ground during Gerald McCarthy's 2 year mismanagement stint and a lot of the legends are no spring chickens anymore. There doesn't seem to be as much underage talent flowing through as in the other top counties - another indictment of the hurling administation in Cork, so it's going to be very difficult to challenge the likes of Kilkenny and Tipp next year.

Cork and Kilkenny games were always tight and nerve - shredding  from 03 - 06, but obviously Kilkenny stormed ahead after that to be become the undisputed heavyweight champs and the greatest team of all time, while Cork just started going around in circles. My question for the Cork lads is, now that ye have the right man in charge, can the damage be undone?

A decent pre season is all we need. A nice, quiet pre season training. A nice, uneventful, peaceful winter.

Then tell the boys on your panel who are pulling in six figures a year from commercial endorsments to stay out of the papers so and keep their heads down.

Your comments about KK are a joke and show just how deluded and ungracious you are.

What fairytale are you living in. Start naming out the players who get a 6 figure comercial endorsments?
And whatever one or two might get, you can guarantee that nearly every Kilkenny player and a few Tipp and a lot of players from all top counties in both codes get the same. Stop being so bitter ffs.

I do take exception to anyone who on the one hand plugs every product going and is in the paper every second day at another sponsorship launch, then appeals for a low-key winter.

I cannot remember the last time I've seen a Cork player advertising anything or in any launch whatsoever - You've talking bull and have nothing to back it up with.

Sean Og appeals for the papers to leave him alone - he just wants to keep his head down.

heffo

I was wondering if any of the Cork lads on here might be able to tell us how they are looking for 2010. I'd love to see the Cork hurlers back to their brilliant best next year but the odds are against them. They lost a lot of ground during Gerald McCarthy's 2 year mismanagement stint and a lot of the legends are no spring chickens anymore. There doesn't seem to be as much underage talent flowing through as in the other top counties - another indictment of the hurling administation in Cork, so it's going to be very difficult to challenge the likes of Kilkenny and Tipp next year.

Cork and Kilkenny games were always tight and nerve - shredding  from 03 - 06, but obviously Kilkenny stormed ahead after that to be become the undisputed heavyweight champs and the greatest team of all time, while Cork just started going around in circles. My question for the Cork lads is, now that ye have the right man in charge, can the damage be undone?

A decent pre season is all we need. A nice, quiet pre season training. A nice, uneventful, peaceful winter.

Then tell the boys on your panel who are pulling in six figures a year from commercial endorsments to stay out of the papers so and keep their heads down.

Your comments about KK are a joke and show just how deluded and ungracious you are.

What fairytale are you living in. Start naming out the players who get a 6 figure comercial endorsments?
And whatever one or two might get, you can guarantee that nearly every Kilkenny player and a few Tipp and a lot of players from all top counties in both codes get the same. Stop being so bitter ffs.

I do take exception to anyone who on the one hand plugs every product going and is in the paper every second day at another sponsorship launch, then appeals for a low-key winter.

No, not at all. I asked for examples you haven't given any. You're post sound incredibly bitter and totally one sided. But you only seem to have a problem with the Cork players. Because I can guarantee you that the likes of Shefflin and Canning and co are getting a hell lot more then any of the Cork players, but try as you might to hide it, you've no problem with them, you're just so bitter about the Cork players. And trying to deny it is a bit of an insult when it's so blatantly obvious.

I'll repeat my original post for the dull-witted (such as yourself) among us.

The best of luck to anyone who makes a few quid on the side using their high profile.

Should that same player who is never out of the papers plugging whatever product then complains that he wants a quiet winter, then I'm going to call him a fool - irrespective of what county he is from.

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on December 24, 2009, 04:16:24 PM
Whats wrong with it is that they hammered the teams your precious Cork team couldn't beat. Go figure. Perhaps Santa Claus will bring you some cop on tomorrow.

And those teams would be? What team have they "hammered" that Cork haven't beaten? Tipp, Waterford, Galway?
Do you not think that Limerick and Waterford were not pathetically easy for Kilkenny. Yes they were incredibly good, I mean close to perfection against Waterford, and bloody brilliant against Limerick, but neither even made it challenging, never mind a hard game? Do you disagree?

And the point you have about my post is one I didn't bring up? So what exactly is wrong with what I've said?

In 2007 They hammered a Limerick team that beat a Waterford team Cork couldn't beat ;D

Now repeat that back to me and I'll go through anything you don't understand. Why don;t you show them some God-damned respect you clown.

But we have beaten them and we were the closest anyone else got to Kilkenny in 08.
You still haven't answered my question. The point you're harping on about isn't something I brought up in my posts.
And who exactly do you think you are. You've shown as much knowledge about hurling as a Kerry man, you site newspaper after newspaper and second opinions for you're soruces of information.
I've called Kilkenny a great team, now read real carefully through my posts again, and maybe concentrate on the part where I said that they were near perfect..they're a great team, does that mean I've to get sucked in like you're type and call them the best ever team without putting in some serious thought..please, you "clown." I mean grow up, if all you can do instead of replying to a post is insult, then don't bother posting at all. It's a waste of our time. I mean any time there is a genuine conversation to be had about Cork hurling, all you Heffo and OM do is ruin it and turn to your bitter opinions, moan, bitch and insult. Says a lot really. I mean have ye nothing better do?

I mean clearly you've shown you've no interest, knowledge, or any idea of the workings of Cork GAA, or much hurling in general to be fair, you've clearly stated how much you despise the Cork team so why bother wasting our time just posting insult after insult. Wouldn't it be much more productive posting on something you like, or getting a life or something. I mean why bother? Have you really nothing better to do the come on here and insult and moan all the time? What a sad life you most live.

I'm sick to death of hearing KK being called the greatest team of all time, it's typical D4 type media reporting, fawning over their best players of all time..etc. Put todays KK team up against one of the greats way back when and we'd see a different story.
They've had a nice, easy as it comes, few years, I mean the Leinster Championship? Limerick, Waterford, neither being the best team there. No problems what so ever because they are the land of milk and honey.
Anyway....

If the above isn't a lack of respect then I don't know what is. As for getting a life-

- I don't live in never never land when it comes to assessing the merits of teams including my own

- i don't disrespect the small hurling community in Kerry in places like Lixnaw where they are every bit as passionate about hurling as anyone from Newtownshandrum is.

- I also thankfully realise when another team is simply better than my own and don't suffer from a rare form of Cork induced paranoid psychosis where we've all put in a Time Machine back to the days of Christy Ring.

Imo I don't think they're the best team that ever has been. IS there are problem with that? Is saying that their players aren't as good as Ring an insult? Oh well then..what was I saying about influences of the fawning D4 media?
You then repeat yourself over and over again, returing to insults, and same old rubbish you posts again and again and again. Like I said, all you do is moan about Cork hurling, have you nothing about to do then post on some internet site about a team you despise? A sad reflection really..

You're saying I'm insulting a great team because I'm said that they're not the best there's been.

And the fact that I say that you've no life because of well you're never ending ramblings here, and then you turn around and start listing (the same point over and over again..insult, insult, insult) why I don't, is a worse reflection on you then it is on me.
Is there something wrong with saying that they're not the best team there's ever been? What is wrong with that. Instead of overexagerating posts that I've said, you could just answer a few simple questions instead of throwing a hissy fit and trying to insult me left right and centre.

Like I sad the fact that you actually spend time on here, on Christmas Eve for that matter posting hateful, bitter comments about a team you despise says everything really..

My post was genuine, you were the one whos started throwing insults and moaning. Just whining, and just your usually abuse about Cork players, so I ask again, why bother wasting your time spouting abuse about a team you hate, I mean espeically on Christmas Eve, have you nothing better to be doing?
Like I said, it's a sad reflection really if you don't. 

INDIANA

Check the time of you post on page 1 reillers. Before anybody else did. You posted on Christmas Eve. oh the irony of it all.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on December 24, 2009, 04:23:58 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on December 24, 2009, 04:16:24 PM

Anyway....

what was I saying about influences of the fawning D4 media?

I'm not aware of any media outlets based in D4??

Is there a single hurling correspondent in the country working for a national paper from Dublin?

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on December 24, 2009, 04:23:03 PM

No, not at all. I asked for examples you haven't given any. You're post sound incredibly bitter and totally one sided. But you only seem to have a problem with the Cork players. Because I can guarantee you that the likes of Shefflin and Canning and co are getting a hell lot more then any of the Cork players, but try as you might to hide it, you've no problem with them, you're just so bitter about the Cork players. And trying to deny it is a bit of an insult when it's so blatantly obvious.

The best of luck to anyone who makes a few quid on the side using their high profile.

Should that same player who is never out of the papers plugging whatever product then complains that he wants a quiet winter, then I'm going to call him a fool - irrespective of what county he is from.

Showing pictures from God only knows when doesn't really prove anything. And you were going on about Sean Og..I never would have guessed.

I'll ask you again, when was the last time you've seen this player in the paper, because you know, I live in Cork, we get Cork papers..etc. And I can't remember the last time I've seen him, or any other player for that matter in the papers? Now maybe you could enlighten us.

And if you have so much respect for these men, what has what they ALL are doing, Kilkenny players a hell lot more then any other player, including Cork, what has any of that got to do with having a quiet winter?
I mean, Sean Og advertising a CUL camp has no impact on the clubs v CCB fight. I mean, there is more to GAA, and GAA problems then IC players. And I'd love to know why you think that someone should expect a winter of hastle if they advertise anything..I mean by you're theory Kilkenny should be in for a horrible winter right? And they would deserve it, right? I mean, yes or no, a simple question.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on December 24, 2009, 04:29:53 PM

I'd love to know why you think that someone should expect a winter of hastle if they advertise anything..

I'd love to be able to tell you if only I knew what a winter of 'hastle' was.

Asal Mor

Nothing wrong with a bit of healthy debate lads - sure that's what christmas is all about.

By all accounts Sean Og O Halpin is one of the out and out nicest fellas ya could meet.

I dont know about teams from the past beating Kilkenny Reillers. When I look at old games from the seventies and the eighties I'm surprised at how slow and amateurish they look now. Even a few beer bellies to be seen. The level of preparation has gone through the roof, and I don't think any team from back then would get within 20 points of Kilkenny.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on December 24, 2009, 04:33:43 PM
Quote from: Reillers on December 24, 2009, 04:29:53 PM

I'd love to know why you think that someone should expect a winter of hastle if they advertise anything..

I'd love to be able to tell you if only I knew what a winter of 'hastle' was.

YOu know I mean hassle, just because I'm paying more attention to the ham then I am you which means there'll be the few spelling mistakes, then so be it, I'll get over it.
But there you go again, try actually responding to the post now..I doubt you will though.

Reillers

Quote from: Asal Mor on December 24, 2009, 04:36:05 PM
Nothing wrong with a bit of healthy debate lads - sure that's what christmas is all about.

By all accounts Sean Og O Halpin is one of the out and out nicest fellas ya could meet.

I dont know about teams from the past beating Kilkenny Reillers. When I look at old games from the seventies and the eighties I'm surprised at how slow and amateurish they look now. Even a few beer bellies to be seen. The level of preparation has gone through the roof, and I don't think any team from back then would get within 20 points of Kilkenny.

I'm talking more about player against player, teams skill against eachother. If the true greats were living now, and those teams were around now, and had all that preperation and such, talent v talent, I wouldn't have Kilkenny at the top of my list. They were a lot tougher as well back then, would be able to give as good as KK's tactics give today.  ;)
But no, Kilkenny wouldn't be on the top of my list, they might be near it, but not the top. But apparenly saing that is the greatest insult given if you look at the reactions here.  ::)
I mean I've heard people, these typical lazy reporters call Shefflin better than Ring, that's the kind of stuff that gets on my nerves. Call them great by all means, but like as good as the likes of Ring..I don't think so. I mean come back to me when he's 8 AI's.

Asal Mor

You're well entitled to your opinion Reillers. I liked the story in Donal  Og's book about Christy Ring and the Cloyne crest. It has a star on it which represents Ring. It also has a heart with a teardrop in it. The teardrop represents the sadness that Ring left and won his 13 county titles with Glen Rovers. It's also there to remind Cloyne that they must always in the future be strong enough that a great player will never want to leave again. Very touching I thought.

Anyway Im hitting the hay. It's 1am here in China. Happy Christmas to all the hurlers and hurlers on the ditches out there.