Donal Og's Book

Started by passedit, October 18, 2009, 11:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Quote from: dowling on October 18, 2009, 10:39:57 PM
Quote from: Zulu on October 18, 2009, 10:33:32 PM
The fact that they haven't done this is neither here nor there to you I suppose? That is simply your interpretation of statements they've made and that interpreatation is in fact at odds with what both men have said publicly.

And that's shite too Zulu. Yourself and others write/talk as if the GPA member is unknown to the rest of the GAA and they're misunderstood. If only we knew them we'd know how the GAA will develop and improve from what they're trying to do. We all know what they're at, maybe their parents and others licking their arses don't care or can't see for the darkness.

Yeah we all know what's going on, with your lack of insight into issues we can be almost 100% sure you don't know what's going on.

kevmy

I must be one of the few people who doesn't either hate or outright support Donal Óg.

He probably took some poor decisions in dealings with Cork County Board and the media over the yrs. Having said that he was up against probably the most rabid and unreasonable board in the country and had a lot of justification for it.

A really good goalie over the yrs and has pretty much never had a bad day.

Took some courage to come out - especially since he's still playing and will doubtlessly get buckets of abuse because of it.

BallyhaiseMan

This is just a ploy to sell books,especially from members of the Gay/Lesbian Community who will now buy it in massive numbers.
i think i can say that i speak for the vast majority of members on this board anyway,when i say"who gives a f**k about Donal Og's sexuality".The rest of us have enough of our own problems rather than caring about whether our GAA stars smoke the polel,like the minge or indeed are interested in farm animals.
This guy is just in-love with himself and wants the attention and publicity.
Its sad that something like this is national news-worthy.
(PS im pro  GPA before anyone says otherwise  :D)

ha ha derry

it could have been worse... he could have admitted to being a footballer  ;D

Last Man

Very eloquently put Ballyhaise man, my thoughts exactly.

ha ha derry

always knew he was the best ball handler in the country  :D

illdecide

The Irish News done a short story on Donal today and gave actual comments from the GAA Board in their write up :D

Apparently someone wrote "it took some balls to come and fair play to him but he's still a bollix". I can remember reading that too but i couldn't find the thread there...must have been deleted ???
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Lecale2

The best quote I read was his Da's reaction when he told him he was gay - " Ah Jesus Donal Og! It's been hard enough trying to defend your short puck outs and now this!"

Drumanee 1

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on October 20, 2009, 01:03:44 AM
This is just a ploy to sell books,especially from members of the Gay/Lesbian Community who will now buy it in massive numbers.
i think i can say that i speak for the vast majority of members on this board anyway,when i say"who gives a f**k about Donal Og's sexuality".The rest of us have enough of our own problems rather than caring about whether our GAA stars smoke the polel,like the minge or indeed are interested in farm animals.
(PS im pro  GPA before anyone says otherwise  :D)

couldnt have put it better myself

Tubberman

QuoteThis is just a ploy to sell books,especially from members of the Gay/Lesbian Community who will now buy it in massive numbers.
(PS im pro  GPA before anyone says otherwise  )

He's the first GAA intercounty player, and the first major Irish sportsperson I can think of, that has come out publicly as gay. That is newsworthy in itself - a lot more than much of the shite you see on the TV news and in newspapers.
I wouldn't be a fan of Donal Óg, because of his GPA position and his seeming enthusiasm for confrontation and strikes, but I think to say he's only coming out so he can make money from it, is unfair to him. It's not like this is going to make life any easier for him.
You can be sure he'll get the cheap 'jokes' and insults shouted at him on the streets and from the terraces. 
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

DennistheMenace

So why come out now then if he isn't looking to make money from it ? Bit of a coincidence his book is coming out soon, no ?

Drumanee 1

Quote from: Tubberman on October 20, 2009, 05:08:32 PM
QuoteThis is just a ploy to sell books,especially from members of the Gay/Lesbian Community who will now buy it in massive numbers.
(PS im pro  GPA before anyone says otherwise  )

He's the first GAA intercounty player, and the first major Irish sportsperson I can think of, that has come out publicly as gay. That is newsworthy in itself - a lot more than much of the shite you see on the TV news and in newspapers.
I wouldn't be a fan of Donal Óg, because of his GPA position and his seeming enthusiasm for confrontation and strikes, but I think to say he's only coming out so he can make money from it, is unfair to him. It's not like this is going to make life any easier for him.
You can be sure he'll get the cheap 'jokes' and insults shouted at him on the streets and from the terraces. 

he has been getting that anyway as it was widely known,it's all about the same thing,the reason he was the driving force behind the strikes and the g.p.a,money!come out now before the launch of his book,why?book sales,money.

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Fair play to him.

Mind, I can see Iris Robinson and her gang of 17th century homophobes reaching for their bibles and saying, 'The place is not only priest-ridden, but full of gay-lick supporters.'
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Turlough O Carolan

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on October 20, 2009, 06:35:30 PM
Fair play to him.

Mind, I can see Iris Robinson and her gang of 17th century homophobes reaching for their bibles and saying, 'The place is not only priest-ridden, but full of gay-lick supporters.'

Fair play to Donal Og indeed.

But you can be absolutely sure after hearing about this, the DUPers and Free Presbys won't want to come within an asses roar of a hurling match. In addition to their distrust of "The Devil's Buttermilk", "Bingo" and "Barry's Tea", you can now add the "short puck out."

deiseach

Quote from: ha ha derry on October 20, 2009, 08:46:00 AM
it could have been worse... he could have admitted to being a footballer  ;D

:D