Leinster hurling final - DUBLIN V Kilkenny

Started by orangeman, June 21, 2009, 05:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

Fair enough........ a tad less of the sneering would imo be more appropriate  imo.

Gnevin

Quote from: Canalman on June 21, 2009, 09:28:59 PM
Fair enough........ a tad less of the sneering would imo be more appropriate  imo.
Wasn't sneering just suggesting that if you considered 30 to expensive you had a cheaper option .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

INDIANA

jaysus lads will be happy for once in your feckin lives. 30 quid - 20 quid - who cares - we won

magpie seanie

Well done to Dublin. As Indiana said this has been a long time coming and is a big boost. This is only the start though for Dublin hurling.

Wexford GAA folk in my experience are among the most decent you'd ever meet and I'm not surprised by the sporting reaction described above. That's what the GAA is all about.

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Tankie

Great result but that final could be a horror show.....
Grand Slam Saturday!

SLIGONIAN

Will we ever see the Hill full for a Dublin Hurling match? Congrats though, its all about intensity, can Dublin live with the level shown by KK the last day. Always liked the Dubs in Football and Hurling so hope ye win it.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

EddieMerx

Dissappointed but Congrats to Dublin, this result should have came last season but we got lucky. I hope all the folk who have been involved in Dublin hurling over the last 10 years are patting themselves on the back because they deserve it. Hopefully they give KK a good game but sur if they do lose by a massive score then so what! This KK team has beaten everbody at some stage of over the last 2 years by a cricket score.

Lecale2

Great result for Dublin. Good to see the hard work paying off.

When was the last time Dublin played in a Leinster SHC Final?

EddieMerx

awfulynice

Dublin were last in the final in '91...just heard it on the radio yesterday...im actually a bit suprised that it isnt further back to be honest!

Congrats to Dublin, commiserations to Wexford there wasnt much between the teams at the end despite Dublin's earlier dominance. I fancy dublin to give everything in the final, I pray the hill isnt full of blue on the day as it will mean a pile of plastic dubs have shown up like they do for the football, they arent true supporters and will more than likely be too locked to even know the score by the end of the game.

If Dublin play with the same intensity I think they will stick with them for a lot of the match (I hope) but I cant see them being within a score of Kilkenny at the end. KK will have been warned after the league game between the two sides and may be welcoming back some regulars competing for starting places so I cant see Dublin catching them on the hop.

Best of luck in the final...real progress in leinster this year, it is now uber competitive between the first five teams..and there is nothing to say antrim cant take a step up in the coming years. Its been a better provincial championship than munster this year so far and with the teams currently in it, probably will be for the foreseeable future

Declan

Proud to have been there yesterday - a great day and it was fantastic to see us finishing off the match when it looked like we would blow it. Thought our fullback line was fantastic and everyone really upped their performances from the Antrim game. Dotsy is a class act when he gets on the ball but he still doesn't get out in front of his man enough for my liking. For all his hard work Rushe's striking lacks something for me and McCrabbe is a class act no doubt. Great to walk on the hallowed turf after the game - what a surface - and it was great to see folks who have had some dark days over the years really enjoying the moment - Fair play to the team for signing autographs etc in the melee for a lot of very happy youngsters. Was at the game with a Wexford mate and as said earlier in the thread they yella bellies were very sporting and gracious in defeat recognising that it was more important for us to win that game irrespective of what happens in the final. I think we'll have less pressure on us in the final and we'll give it a right rattle and if we keep it under double figures it'll be a great performance.
Days like yesterday and the match on Saturday night are a great reminder of what the GAA is all about and make up for an awful lot of the bad days and shite results. Up the Dubs

Tankie

Quote from: awfulynice on June 22, 2009, 09:24:42 AM
Dublin were last in the final in '91...just heard it on the radio yesterday...im actually a bit suprised that it isnt further back to be honest!

Congrats to Dublin, commiserations to Wexford there wasnt much between the teams at the end despite Dublin's earlier dominance. I fancy dublin to give everything in the final, I pray the hill isnt full of blue on the day as it will mean a pile of plastic dubs have shown up like they do for the football, they arent true supporters and will more than likely be too locked to even know the score by the end of the game.

If Dublin play with the same intensity I think they will stick with them for a lot of the match (I hope) but I cant see them being within a score of Kilkenny at the end. KK will have been warned after the league game between the two sides and may be welcoming back some regulars competing for starting places so I cant see Dublin catching them on the hop.

Best of luck in the final...real progress in leinster this year, it is now uber competitive between the first five teams..and there is nothing to say antrim cant take a step up in the coming years. Its been a better provincial championship than munster this year so far and with the teams currently in it, probably will be for the foreseeable future

would you shut up talking shite, hurling is not supported in Dublin like football was not supported in Wexford until 5years ago - that doesnt mean the people that go now are not GAA people. also i dont think there is any need to worry about a bandwagon of non gaa people as they would have no interest in watching this game i would think....
Grand Slam Saturday!

awfulynice

Quote from: Tankie on June 22, 2009, 10:39:16 AM
Quote from: awfulynice on June 22, 2009, 09:24:42 AM

would you shut up talking shite, hurling is not supported in Dublin like football was not supported in Wexford until 5years ago - that doesnt mean the people that go now are not GAA people. also i dont think there is any need to worry about a bandwagon of non gaa people as they would have no interest in watching this game i would think....

Im not talking shite as you like to put it, there is many a dublin person that goes to the football games that dont actually know the team. I would hate to see their hurling fans be infiltrated by these plastic dubs that werent at the game yesterday and didnt even know it was on. Im talking about my brother in law and his mates who are part of this brigade. I also used to work with Stephen Cluxetons sister who was often telling us stories of dubs fans saying stupid stuff to her brother after the matches. Im not tarring all dubs fans with this brush but im afraid there is a minority that are clueless and only go for a drinking session unfortunately

The Real Laoislad

I'll go and watch(support even) Dublin hurlers until the Hill 16 yobs start following them...
Can you imagine Henry Shefflin or someone taking a 65 and those idiots booing him as he goes to take it  ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.