All Ireland Club Hurling Championship

Started by youbetterbelieveit, November 20, 2008, 11:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 11, 2012, 09:15:34 PM
Have it recorded for later. Did Shamrocks get a man lined late on? Misses the final I take it. Seems a shame.
Someone said it came up on tv that it was one of our players, NP had a man sent off for two yellows. I thought they should have had at least another one sent off for a high strike on skinner. There was also a sneaky stamp on winker.

*edit

After watching it back, yer man was sent off for two yellows, the second one a stamp on Joey Scullions calf.  Is that not also a straight red?

All I'll say is, if any Ulster team had went to Parnell Park today and pulled off those exact same "tackles" they'd have been 3 men down. Time for referees to be fair I think!
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

orangeman

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 11, 2012, 08:40:58 PM
Middletown beat by 2 points. Good effort - thought they would win it.

Tremendous effort put in by Middletown. Leading up to final 4/5 minutes and losing out in the end. They'll be gutted for sure and fair fcuks to them
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Canalman

Well done to LS on the win yesterday. Honestly thought they were going to be beaten when I saw their manager arguing (for no reason imo) with the ref after normal time. His body language was all wrong but i was proven wrong.

Nice pairing in  the final.

Minder

Quote from: Canalman on February 12, 2012, 09:02:01 PM
Well done to LS on the win yesterday. Honestly thought they were going to be beaten when I saw their manager arguing (for no reason imo) with the ref after normal time. His body language was all wrong but i was proven wrong.

Nice pairing in  the final.

Jim Nelson seems to be the main man.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

imtommygunn

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 11, 2012, 09:28:42 PM
Have it recorded for later. Did Shamrocks get a man lined late on? Misses the final I take it. Seems a shame.
Someone said it came up on tv that it was one of our players, NP had a man sent off for two yellows. I thought they should have had at least another one sent off for a high strike on skinner. There was also a sneaky stamp on winker.

*edit

After watching it back, yer man was sent off for two yellows, the second one a stamp on Joey Scullions calf.  Is that not also a straight red?

All I'll say is, if any Ulster team had went to Parnell Park today and pulled off those exact same "tackles" they'd have been 3 men down. Time for referees to be fair I think!

It looked on tv like the ref was sending off Benny McCarry(or McGarry - whatever his name is). He wasn't walking off and then scored the next point so became obvious it was the #4.  The number 4 got 2 yellows but should have got a straight red.

Incidentally to a fellow antrim poster who made a bang out of order comment about Joey Scullion after last year's semi you can now eat your words.(I'm not from Loughgiel). Himself Eddie McCloskey and Liam Watson really stood up yesterday.

Be an interesting final. Loughgiel up against it but nothing to lose. Great to see an antrim team in it again.

Hard luck to Middletown - great to see them there and to get the leinster champions to one point they're a credit to their club / armagh hurling.

seafoid

Offaly versus Antrim is very 1989 retro

Nice to see the 2 counties back in an all Ireland hurling final 

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 12, 2012, 09:32:17 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 11, 2012, 09:28:42 PM

*edit

It looked on tv like the ref was sending off Benny McCarry(or McGarry - whatever his name is). He wasn't walking off and then scored the next point so became obvious it was the #4.  The number 4 got 2 yellows but should have got a straight red.

Incidentally to a fellow antrim poster who made a bang out of order comment about Joey Scullion after last year's semi you can now eat your words.(I'm not from Loughgiel). Himself Eddie McCloskey and Liam Watson really stood up yesterday.

Be an interesting final. Loughgiel up against it but nothing to lose. Great to see an antrim team in it again.

Hard luck to Middletown - great to see them there and to get the leinster champions to one point they're a credit to their club / armagh hurling.
He's a  McCarry, a nephew of Beaver.           
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

AZOffaly

Quote from: seafoid on February 12, 2012, 10:27:04 PM

Was the Loughgiel manager the Antrim manager back in 1989? Gulp.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 13, 2012, 03:08:56 PM

if he was he couldnt have been too old !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

johnneycool

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on February 13, 2012, 03:50:38 PM

PJ was always 'big boned'

I think you're thinking on Jim Nelson who managed Antrim back in 1989.

He's part of the loughgeil backroom staff.

AZOffaly

Quote from: johnneycool on February 13, 2012, 03:53:31 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on February 13, 2012, 03:50:38 PM

PJ was always 'big boned'

I think you're thinking on Jim Nelson who managed Antrim back in 1989.

He's part of the loughgeil backroom staff.

that's the guy. I read this :

Jim Nelson, Loughgiels team coach returns to Croke after leading Antrim to the All- Ireland final in 1989

And thought he was the manager. Still... Gulp..

BlackandAmber

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

seafoid

Was it not Loughgiel with big Neilly Patterson that won the club all-Ireland around 1983 or so?