All Ireland Club Hurling Championship

Started by youbetterbelieveit, November 20, 2008, 11:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

any reports on the ballyhale game? thought ballyhale would win by at least 5 more points, they must have played well to hold then to a 5 points win.

who got the goals for Ballyhale

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

milltown row

well i hammered Ballyhale halftime fulltime great price 2-5  and i had TJ ried for the first goal. dont know yet on that

Two Hands FFS

Milltown.......According to RTE TJ Reid got the first goal after 5 mins

Ballyhale Shamrocks beat defending champions Birr to secure the Leinster Club SHC title for the sixth time.

The Kilkenny champions thundered ahead at Nowlan Park with goals from TJ Reid (5 minutes) and Eoin Reid (16).

Michael Fennelly and Henry Shefflin (0-05) also impressed as Ballyhale took a 2-08 to 0-06 half-time lead. Simon Whelahan (0-05) led Birr's first half scoring.

The Offaly aces cut the gap to four points with a Brian Whelahan goal and Paul O'Meara point but Shefflin had the final say.

milltown row

cheers two hands, tj ried is a deffo starter for kilkenny next year, he's in form all  year £5  on a 8/1  :D

about time my luck was shite for a while.

will put 25 on Alexandra at 5/4 to win X-Factor 5/4 though strange that JLS are 8/1. they are better than the rest

what price now for Cushendall? low scoring game in Munster, a free taker is so important

Two Hands FFS

Yeah super hurler. Although competiton is fierce in the Kilkenny forwards(or team I suppose)

Can't get any prices for All Ireland club on boylesports/toals/paddy power/ ladbrokes. Cushendall were around 33/1 or 40/1  not long ago but may be shorter than that now. Ballyhale v Portumna should be a cracker

milltown row

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on November 30, 2008, 07:35:26 PM
Yeah super hurler. Although competiton is fierce in the Kilkenny forwards(or team I suppose)

Can't get any prices for All Ireland club on boylesports/toals/paddy power/ ladbrokes. Cushendall were around 33/1 or 40/1  not long ago but may be shorter than that now. Ballyhale v Portumna should be a cracker

would travel to watch that match, could be portlaois, brilliant if it were Parnell.

will more than likely head to the Cusendall match, hopefully not too far away

youngfella

Sounds like a smashing game i might have to see when the games are on and maybe get a trip over! a double header would be amazing! :)
Pull hard and early

Denn Forever

Wayched the Adare/DLS game on TG4 to day.  Again, itts a btrilliant game.

Did my eyes deceive me or did Mulhane start the game at full forward wearing the number 14 jersey and in the second half was at centre forward wearing the 11 jersey.

If this happened, would it be legal?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

imtommygunn

Silky

Yeah he was always number 11. What a display by the man in the second half! At half time the heads were down and they looked dead and buried. BUt fair play to Mullane be put the bad misses behind him and started a fresh for the second half. A real captains performance.

imtommygunn

His speech was funny. I like Mullane but he does look like he's got a bit, probably an understatement, of a chip on his shoulder. The first thing he said - "they said we'd no balls". I think he lets criticism get to him...

theskull1

Was never a massive fan of John Mullane as I believe he's disappeared alot in big games at the wrong time, but he has shown more leadership qualities this year than he has on the past and even though he had a woeful first half yesterday he turned his game round in the second. A very decent down to earth fellow so I'm told.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

milltown row

Quote from: theskull1 on December 01, 2008, 10:47:04 AM
Was never a massive fan of John Mullane as I believe he's disappeared alot in big games at the wrong time, but he has shown more leadership qualities this year than he has on the past and even though he had a woeful first half yesterday he turned his game round in the second. A very decent down to earth fellow so I'm told.

with big balls, the guy from tg4 started laughing and they pulled away from the speech

youbetterbelieveit

Ya fair play to DLS, disappointed that Adare didnt do it from a Limerick perspective, but I didnt think they would from the start.
For a club that was very much no 3 in the waterford city rankings of senior clubs in the city( Top 2 use to be Mount Sion & Ballygunner), they have made fair progress, and its alwasy good to see.

Should be favourites for the match v Cushendall, next year.