All Ireland Club Hurling Championship

Started by youbetterbelieveit, November 20, 2008, 11:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngfella

your prob right. but I see it as a chance for them, the easier (ha) side of the draw. IF they get past and into the final, its one game and anything can happen in that time. But as i say your prob right.
Pull hard and early

slow corner back

What would the each way odds be for the Dall, about 7-1 to win a semi in february in the muck? Those are not bad odds in a two horse race against unproven ( at all ireland level ) opposition. Worth a fiver each way although the Dall are an average enough side.

milltown row

Quote from: slow corner back on November 21, 2008, 04:08:06 PM
What would the each way odds be for the Dall, about 7-1 to win a semi in february in the muck? Those are not bad odds in a two horse race against unproven ( at all ireland level ) opposition. Worth a fiver each way although the Dall are an average enough side.

not in Antrim/Ulster ;)

youngfella

Slightly related what odds were rossa to win there all ireland?
Pull hard and early

milltown row

dont know if there was a price, would have thought they would have been joint second favourites around 3/1. having been to 4/5 finals they would have been fancied by some to do well again

Bogball XV

Quote from: Lecale2 on November 21, 2008, 07:46:17 AM
Bookies have La Salle favorites for Munster but like Milltown R I'd fancy Adare.
Is everybody writting Portumna off for the All Ireland?
I'm not anyway, they've done it twice for me and sure you'd not write them off again - it's a big price still imo, if the weather is good it'll be an absolute cracker against Ballyhale.

orangeman

Quote from: Bogball XV on November 24, 2008, 06:50:59 PM
Quote from: Lecale2 on November 21, 2008, 07:46:17 AM
Bookies have La Salle favorites for Munster but like Milltown R I'd fancy Adare.
Is everybody writting Portumna off for the All Ireland?
I'm not anyway, they've done it twice for me and sure you'd not write them off again - it's a big price still imo, if the weather is good it'll be an absolute cracker against Ballyhale.
[/b]

Have Birr no chance against Ballyhale ????

I know Ballyhale are 1-8 but surely Birr will put it up to them ????

Handicap betting ??

youngfella

birr always have a chance. But its matching ballyhales intensity for the full game will be the trouble!
Pull hard and early

milltown row

Birr are dead in the water, the forecast is to be dry cold day. Ballyhale are at full strength and will put Birr away before halftime. good motavation for Ballyhale after last time out and they can knock points over from all ove the pitch. they wont miss any frees and with Cha, Henry and TJ Ried all on form i cant see anything other than a Ballyhale win by ten points.

wish i was wrong. seen Birr last year, went down to watch Dunloy and Birr in semifinal and while Birr played well i thought that Dunloy were bad on the day.

Silky

I think I'll head over to the munster final on Sunday. Forecast is good and it it should be a great game. I'm sure neither of these lads have won it before so theres a certain novelty value. I haven't seen La Salle at all this year and the conditions for the Adare semi were really bad so I've no idea how it'll end up. Looking foreward to a great game anyway.

maxpower

i'll be having a little nibble at Portumna for the title as i see it largley between them and ballyhale (can't underestimate the importance of experience) but will also be having some on the Dall to progress to the final, watched quite a few of the munster matches and haven't been overly impressed with any, Cushendall have a terrific defence, love low scoring games and are very shrewd on the sideline.

Only concern will be the serious lack of scoring support for Sambo og

Can't see Birr beating Ballyhale, you'd imagine Birr are well past their amazing best now and Ballyhale could emerge as the team to challenge their crown as best club team ever, them or portumna
What happens next????

Fear ón Srath Bán

Great 2nd half from De La Salle, fair dues to them, great win.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

theskull1

What a way to win a game/What a way to lose a game

Up against AI club greenhorns I'd give Cushendall the nod in their semi final
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Minder

Im not sure how you can Skull,you have to look at the level of opposition Cushendall have faced and what De La Salle have faced. De La Salle beat Sarsfields of Cork,if it had been them that progressed to meet Cushendall nobody would give the Dall a chance. The fact that De La Salle are newcomers to the All Ireland series should not mean they are overlooked.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

theskull1

OK I'll tone it down to "they've a very good chance"
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera