NFL Division 1 2019 Dubs again?

Started by Dire Ear, November 26, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Itchy on February 22, 2019, 01:36:28 PM
Massive game for Cavan on Sunday. If we are to have any chink of light to escape relegation we have to do what we have really struggled to do in the last number of years and beat Roscommon. Good news is Gerry Smith is likely to play some part, probably the best player on any of those U21 teams but who hasnt really had a consistent run at senior. Gearoid McKiernan and Caoimhin O Reilly back training too after injury. We've put in respectable enough performances for 30 mins in each of our 1st 3 matches, now its time to really go for it. I hope it is in them to do that.
And you have the full attention of the manager for this first time
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Itchy

Quote from: seafoid on February 22, 2019, 01:50:27 PM
Quote from: Itchy on February 22, 2019, 01:36:28 PM
Massive game for Cavan on Sunday. If we are to have any chink of light to escape relegation we have to do what we have really struggled to do in the last number of years and beat Roscommon. Good news is Gerry Smith is likely to play some part, probably the best player on any of those U21 teams but who hasnt really had a consistent run at senior. Gearoid McKiernan and Caoimhin O Reilly back training too after injury. We've put in respectable enough performances for 30 mins in each of our 1st 3 matches, now its time to really go for it. I hope it is in them to do that.
And you have the full attention of the manager for this first time

Ah I wouldn't use that as an excuse to be honest.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 22, 2019, 11:52:53 AM
Quote from: TheGreatest on February 22, 2019, 10:30:28 AM
I am sure the Mayo men would love a win here. 13 attempts an no wins, a poor return.

No matter the result, its arse boxing, only thing that matters is the super 8s onwards.

Hopefully an entertaining attacking game, which it usually is.

It probably goes to show how over rated this Mayo team are/were having had such a long losing streak.

Horan v Dublin

Played 7 won 2 lost 4 and 1 draw

Last meeting 2014 in Croke Park was a draw.

Mayo with ten same starters tomorrow maybe more if Mcloughlin starts.

Robbie Hennelly; Tom Cunniffe, Ger Cafferkey, Brendan Harrison; Lee Keegan, Donal Vaughan , Colm Boyle; Aidan O'Shea, Jason Gibbons; Kevin McLoughlin , Keith Higgins, Jason Doherty; Andy Moran, Alan Freeman, Cillian O'Connor.

The likes of Hennelly,Cafferkey seem to be his first choices regardless of fan opinion?

rosnarun

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 22, 2019, 02:48:53 PM
I am sure the Mayo men would love a win here. 13 attempts an no wins, a poor return.

No matter the result, its arse boxing, only thing that matters is the super 8s onwards.

It probably goes to show how over rated this Mayo team are/were having had such a long losing streak.

Horan v Dublin

Robbie Hennelly; Tom Cunniffe, Ger Cafferkey, Brendan Harrison; Lee Keegan, Donal Vaughan , Colm Boyle; Aidan O’Shea, Jason Gibbons; Kevin McLoughlin , Keith Higgins, Jason Doherty; Andy Moran, Alan Freeman, Cillian O’Connor.

The likes of Hennelly,Cafferkey seem to be his first choices regardless of fan opinion?

not sure they are 1st choice but they have put their names in the ring and are playing for their place as are boyle  Harrison and maybe any Moran esp as a starter when mclouglin and Cillian and parsons/seamie o sé ( allowing diarmaid go forward ) come back some will have to be left out .
shame if it weas just the new lads
like wise in the full back line Chris barret and Eoin o Donoghue will be gunning for places
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Rossfan

Liking forward to Sunday's trip to Breifne.
Hoping we can keep up our good record of recent times v these bucks......but they must be due a win against us soon.
Hopefully not Sunday and that we'll almost secure another year in Div 1.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Kerry team for the trip to Tuam.

Shane Ryan
Peter Crowley
Jack Sherwood
Shane Enright
Gavin Crowley
Paul Murphy
Tom O'Sullivan
Jack Barry
Mark Griffin
Diarmuid O'Connor
Sean O'Shea
Gavin O'Brien
Dara Moynihan
Tommy Walsh
Stephen O'Brien.

Subs: Brian Kelly, Jonathan Lyne, Michael Geaney, Tadhg Morley, Kevin McCarthy, Graham O'Sullivan, Conor Geaney, Tomas O Se, Jason Foley, Killian Spillane, Denis Daly.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

Galway team. Strong rumours going around that a few Corofin players will start so changes expected before throw in.

1 Ruairi Lavelle
2 Eoghan Kerin
3 Jonny Duane
4 David Wynne
5 Gary O'Donnell
6 Gareth Bradshaw
7 Johnny Heaney
8 Thomas Flynn
9 Ciaran Duggan
10 Shane Walsh
11 Peter Cooke
12 Sean Kelly
13 Padraig Cunningham
14 Cein D'Arcy
15 Antaine O'Laoi
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

An Fhairche Abu

There's been changes to every Galway starting 15 named in the league so far, whether the Corofin lads are available or not I expect that it'll be the same on Sunday.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on February 22, 2019, 10:50:18 PM
There's been changes to every Galway starting 15 named in the league so far, whether the Corofin lads are available or not I expect that it'll be the same on Sunday.

Bit of a joke really. No way that team takes the field I imagine.

Farrandeelin

Any sign of a Dublin panel for us who aren't attending later on?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

galwayman

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on February 22, 2019, 10:50:18 PM
It depends on who is available I think.
Would have thought both Daly's will start though regardless unless they are carrying an injury.
That fullback line would give you nightmares 🙈
Duane didn't play fb the last day though despite wearing number 3.

spuds

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 22, 2019, 09:39:07 PM
Galway team. Strong rumours going around that a few Corofin players will start so changes expected before throw in.

1 Ruairi Lavelle
2 Eoghan Kerin
3 Jonny Duane
4 David Wynne
5 Gary O'Donnell
6 Gareth Bradshaw
7 Johnny Heaney
8 Thomas Flynn
9 Ciaran Duggan
10 Shane Walsh
11 Peter Cooke
12 Sean Kelly
13 Padraig Cunningham
14 Cein D'Arcy
15 Antaine O'Laoi
Be interesting to see who will pick up Tommy Walsh if he starts at 14. See David Cunnane replaced Seán Andy v Dublin but looks bit off county standard.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

galwayman

Quote from: spuds on February 23, 2019, 01:03:31 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on February 22, 2019, 09:39:07 PM

1 Ruairi Lavelle
2 Eoghan Kerin
3 Jonny Duane
4 David Wynne
5 Gary O'Donnell
6 Gareth Bradshaw
7 Johnny Heaney
8 Thomas Flynn
9 Ciaran Duggan
10 Shane Walsh
11 Peter Cooke
12 Sean Kelly
13 Padraig Cunningham
14 Cein D'Arcy
15 Antaine O'Laoi
Be interesting to see who will pick up Tommy Walsh if he starts at 14. See David Cunnane replaced Seán Andy v Dublin but looks bit off county standard.
Yeah we wouldn't be overflowing with big strong backs for sure.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 22, 2019, 02:48:53 PM

Horan v Dublin

Robbie Hennelly; Tom Cunniffe, Ger Cafferkey, Brendan Harrison; Lee Keegan, Donal Vaughan , Colm Boyle; Aidan O'Shea, Jason Gibbons; Kevin McLoughlin , Keith Higgins, Jason Doherty; Andy Moran, Alan Freeman, Cillian O'Connor.

God, you are harking back to results that are 5 years or older. And the best you can come up with is a draw.

Blowitupref

Dublin team named and probably won't start as selected.

Evan Comerford
David Byrne
Mick Fitzsimons
Eoin Murchan
James McCarthy
Jonny Cooper
Jack McCaffrey
Brian Fenton
Darren Gavin
Brian Howard
Cormac Costello
Niall Scully
Paul Mannion
Dean Rock
Con O'Callaghan