NFL Division 1 2019 Dubs again?

Started by Dire Ear, November 26, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lar Naparka

Quote from: rosnarun on February 14, 2019, 03:56:08 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on January 22, 2019, 11:14:20 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 22, 2019, 10:51:13 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on January 22, 2019, 09:38:14 PM
I expect a loss on Saturday   , with a defeat to Tyrone the following week highly likely , relegation would then be on the cards. I expect a very poor show in the championship ,  with a few depressing retirements at the end of the season the likes we'll never see again . It will be a dull dark gloomy period over the next two years . You'd have to think if Dublin win 7/8 in a row the county game itself might die altogether too.

You don't have to ask Mystic Meg what's ahead for Mayo. Championship wise a lot will depend on a lucky draw for how far we progress.  Mayo not qualifying for the Super 8 last year was a financial disaster for Corporate GAA. So Corporate GAA will do their best to make sure they are there this year.

The game is dead for all teams outside division One, and that's being nice to Cavan and Roscommon. It's even being nice to the other 5! Dublin roll on and we are told we need them to be big and powerful for the GAA to prosper financially. Problem is they need opponents and they don't have any. Dublin fans are getting bored. We are all getting bored. Great hopes of the last couple of years like, Mayo, Tyrone, Kerry and Monaghan, Donegal have come up short and are coming up shorter each year. Kerry because of tradition look like the best bet to topple the Dubs in the future and that in it own way is as depressing as total Dublin domination.

There is a lot more to championship football than just winning the All Ireland. Sport as in life can be about the journey not just the destination and i don't think some Mayo supporters appreciate the journey they have been on since Horan became manager the first time. Now park your dead talk and focus on the topic of the thread which is Div 1 league football.
why do you think the Mayo support has held up as well as it has if we idnt appreciate the journey . don't pay any attention to the moanbags on here from mayo some have ben predicting the end of the world since  horan came last time if not before.
some of mayo best matches have been ones they  ended up losing im thinking of Kerry in limerick  in particular and they lost  no glory or honour  and won a lot of fans in the process.
I would rather mayo lose with their dignity intact rather than go down the route of galway and try and bore every one to death despite possibly having the best set of forwards in the county
Bang on Ross, stuff the begrudgers!
Mayo have shag all money to spend on anything bar travelling expenses. So they spent over €580,000 one year that's listed under travelling expenses. (Was it last year?)
But that'snot the full story- not by a long shot.
Sometimes they hold collective sessions come championship in Mayo. (Bekan?) At other times, they train in Dublin and that means renting a pitch and paying hotel costs for those travelling up. And to cap it all, they have also rented a pitch somewhere in the midlands. Now, I am certain that only applies to the senior panel and is one of the main reasons why Mayo can't be arsed with the league. No helicopters on call for our hardy bucks.  ;D;D
Can all this be true?
Well, that's what I read in my copy of the Indo on Wednesday anyway.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

manfromdelmonte

The Dubs will never understand the logistics in getting U20 players home from college to train and senior panellists home who go to college and work in Dublin

and the costs involved.

Rossfan

Not to mention the odd lad in Carlow or Dundalk or Limerick.....
They don't need to understand fundraising either with their AIG, "official partners" " official cars" etc etc
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 16, 2019, 09:44:24 AM
The Dubs will never understand the logistics in getting U20 players home from college to train and senior panellists home who go to college and work in Dublin

and the costs involved.

This thread started out ostensibly as the place at which the 2019 NFL Division 1 might be discussed - and with this being the most open Div. 1 for a number of years you'd think there'd be plenty to discuss. But surprise, surprise like so many threads on this board begrudgery takes over.

Remember lads Dublin are sitting in sixth position in Division 1. Surely that alone should encourage more positive discussion and less of the "poor us" whinging.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

From the Bunker

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on February 16, 2019, 08:08:43 PM

and the costs involved.

This thread started out ostensibly as the place at which the 2019 NFL Division 1 might be discussed - and with this being the most open Div. 1 for a number of years you'd think there'd be plenty to discuss. But surprise, surprise like so many threads on this board begrudgery takes over.

Remember lads Dublin are sitting in sixth position in Division 1. Surely that alone should encourage more positive discussion and less of the "poor us" whinging.

You are saying that we should take some solace from a the fact that not one of the Dublin squad togged out for the O'Byrne Cup. And that they have half arsed their way in the League so far. It's like the lesser Clubs in England getting excited about the Man Utd, Liverpools, Man City and Spurs putting out half arsed teams in the League Cup and FA Cup and calling it a giant killing when they fall!

You have only two more away games left until the end of the season.

Lar Naparka

and the costs involved.

I agree with you - on this one at any rate. I generally don't go in for moaning either. I don't blame the Dubs for being so far in front of every other team in the and. You will recall that I once said turkeys can't be expected to vote for Christmas or something along those lines.
If dudes from other counties object, the people to get onto are their own county boards and find out why they are prepared to be pushed aside without a whimper.
There are a good few Dublin heads who need a reality check also. Some keep on asking the same f***ing questions over and over.
Take yer man Jell O Biafra for example. I mentioned the figures involved if Dublin was to be split in four- along modern county lines. So he comes back with something like where was my concern for players who were denied  chance to play at intercounty level when Dublin wasn't winning all around them?
What the  feck has that got to do with what I wrote?
I didn't express my opinion, neither good nor bad. Anyone could use the same basic arithmetic and would have to come to the same conclusion as I did.
I'm not mad or anything like that but I am confused. It seems a good few Dublin heads didn't learn English as their first language and that for once is my personal opinion.
They don't have a total monopoly on stupidity on here either but that's irrelevant also. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 16, 2019, 08:21:20 PM

and the costs involved.

You are saying that we should take some solace from a the fact that not one of the Dublin squad togged out for the O'Byrne Cup. And that they have half arsed their way in the League so far. It's like the lesser Clubs in England getting excited about the Man Utd, Liverpools, Man City and Spurs putting out half arsed teams in the League Cup and FA Cup and calling it a giant killing when they fall!

I'd like to be as optimistic about Dublin's prospects for the rest of this year as you seem to be yourself.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

From the Bunker

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on February 16, 2019, 10:33:58 PM

and the costs involved.

I'd like to be as optimistic about Dublin's prospects for the rest of this year as you seem to be yourself.

Well the Bookies are optimistic - they have you at 1/2!

Next favourite is Kerry at 11/2!

Dads Army are at 11/1!

Main Street

The double is on,
div 3A
Tyrone 2-13 Monaghan 4-12.

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 16, 2019, 11:06:18 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on February 16, 2019, 10:33:58 PM

and the costs involved.

Well the Bookies are optimistic - they have you at 1/2!

Next favourite is Kerry at 11/2!

Dads Army are at 11/1!

The Dubs should be 50/1 really with only 2 points after 3 games
Fento missed a free at the end so they have been putting in a huge effort, bud. 
Mayo should be 50/1 on
Bleedin culchies
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

An Fhairche Abu

Damien Comer is out for the entirety of the league for a Galway due to surgery on his ankle.
That is in the months recovery timeframe you'd imagine, will he be even right for the start of the championship? Not an injury you'd want to be rushing back from.

seafoid

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on February 18, 2019, 04:27:15 PM
Damien Comer is out for the entirety of the league for a Galway due to surgery on his ankle.
That is in the months recovery timeframe you'd imagine, will he be even right for the start of the championship? Not an injury you'd want to be rushing back from.

Corofin are some team and the players missing from the county side are significant.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

GaillimhIarthair

Unlikely to be available for the London game I would think - has time on his side if the Op goes well.

GalwayBayBoy

I imagine he'll be fit alright for championship but he won't have any football done whatsoever. Whether that means he'll be nice and fresh or badly lacking match sharpness who knows?

Seems like they thought his injury would heal without surgery at first but now they have to go back and get it done.

Farrandeelin

My Mayo v Dublin  prediction is a narrow Dublin win.

Oh and by the way...let's stick to predicting based on football please. Yes FtB, looking firmly at you.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.