NFL Division 1 2019 Dubs again?

Started by Dire Ear, November 26, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on January 27, 2019, 09:14:50 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 27, 2019, 08:25:39 PM
Enjoyed Monaghan's win. Felt they had to overcome two very poor refereeing displays. Dublin seem to get all the marginal calls. Dublin seem to go down looking for frees constantly and also the holding of the ball (esp MDMA) is unreal. Dublin continually looking for every advantage and refusing to reduce to 14 men by trying to slip MDMA back on. Gavin and his management team are clued in on all the dark arts. Thought the officials on the line should know exactly what's going on rather than looking completely f**king stupid.
McCarron and Hughes did very well despite the attention of Cooper and co.
Overall Monaghan the better team and good to see the Dubs defeated even after they tried every trick in the book.
If referees start to referee games involving Dublin with a fair hand I can see them being defeated this year.

I can understand that you might find it difficult to be gracious in defeat, but surely you could manage to be gracious in victory.  ::)

Sorry. I'm actually a neutral.

greatpoint

Quote from: Main Street on January 27, 2019, 08:57:50 PM
Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on January 27, 2019, 08:45:44 PM
Enjoyed Monaghan's win. Felt they had to overcome two very poor refereeing displays. Dublin seem to get all the marginal calls. Dublin seem to go down looking for frees constantly and also the holding of the ball (esp MDMA) is unreal. Dublin continually looking for every advantage and refusing to reduce to 14 men by trying to slip MDMA back on. Gavin and his management team are clued in on all the dark arts. Thought the officials on the line should know exactly what's going on rather than looking completely f**king stupid.
Overall Monaghan the better team and good to see the Dubs defeated even after they tried every trick in the book.
If referees start to referee games involving Dublin with a fair hand I can see them being defeated this year.

I thought McCarron's yellow should have been a straight red and McManus should have been black carded.
Under what part of the rule should McManus have been black carded? He tripped up an opponent away from the action in a "tete la tete" confrontation. That's a yellow card offence. You  need to acquaint yourself better with the rules

A head the head confrontation?

TheMaster

Quote from: trailer on January 27, 2019, 09:17:59 PM

I can understand that you might find it difficult to be gracious in defeat, but surely you could manage to be gracious in victory.  ::)

;D ;D ;D

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: trailer on January 27, 2019, 09:17:59 PM

Apologies - I'd never have thought it.  ::) ::) ::)
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

TheMaster

Quote from: twohands!!! on January 27, 2019, 08:35:00 PM
Quote from: TheMaster on January 27, 2019, 07:56:41 PM
Expect Donie Smith to be banned for two games and Keith Higgins for one. Gas to see mayo fans reaction to Smith on social media. You have the O'Connor brothers last 3 years smashing opposition players with elbows and closed fists and nothing said about that.

If he has any sort of competent defence team they will simply submit footage of McMahon's eye-gouging of Donaghy and the fact that he got a one game ban.

I just looked at the footage from McMahon's incident again and his hand being around Donaghy eyes was even more blatant in the footage.

McMahon should got 6 months

straightred

Quote from: dublin7 on January 27, 2019, 09:17:27 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 27, 2019, 08:52:40 PM

I thought McCarron's yellow should have been a straight red and McManus should have been black carded.

McCarron's was accidental I felt. And in fact should've been a Monaghan free rather than a Dublin one, but the Dublin players theatrics conned a very weak ref.
McManus was 100% in the right. Cooper initiated that wrestling match he should have been ordered off. As I said both officials very sympathetic to Dublin.

Christ you're bitter when it comes to Dublin. Scully gets taken out and you want a free to Monaghan!!!

Dublin's lack of fitness told in the 2nd half and playing with 14 men for 20 minutes told as well. Should bring them on a long way for Galway next week. McCarron played well, but he ran riot 2 years ago as well in Clones against the dubs and did nothing come championship. Needs to do it more consistently

Though wylie was the best player on the pitch. Lots of bad decisions both ways I thought. Just before mcmanus cooper incident cooper had both arms around him but no free ? Monaghan's 2nd goal looked dodgy. Scully had a sneaky push for his goal. Not mad about the new mark rule but i'll give it a few games before deciding if i like it or not. 2 good teams and both short starters.

Main Street

Quote from: greatpoint on January 27, 2019, 09:19:42 PM
Quote from: Main Street on January 27, 2019, 08:57:50 PM

Under what part of the rule should McManus have been black carded? He tripped up an opponent away from the action in a "tete la tete" confrontation. That's a yellow card offence. You  need to acquaint yourself better with the rules

A head the head confrontation?
No smart ass,  a private conversation.

tonto1888

Regarding McManus I think the yellow was the right decision. However, could you imagine the uproar if cooper had have tripped him in the same way?

imtommygunn

McManus couldn't have got cooper off him without doing that though. Same wouldn't have happened the other way.

The letter of the law is a trip is a black card which is why McManus was lucky to avoid a card. Cooper has goaded people into this before. Unless I am mistaken and where the play is is relevant but I didn't think so?

From the Bunker

Get rid of the Black card - All Black and Yellow cards should be Yellow card offences and 10 minutes in the Sin Bin! Cuts out all this Bullshit Grey area between the two!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 27, 2019, 10:13:21 PM
McManus couldn't have got cooper off him without doing that though. Same wouldn't have happened the other way.

The letter of the law is a trip is a black card which is why McManus was lucky to avoid a card. Cooper has goaded people into this before. Unless I am mistaken and where the play is is relevant but I didn't think so?

Makes no difference where the trip is, if someone deliberately pulls down trips or up ends an player it's a black card..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 27, 2019, 10:58:26 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 27, 2019, 10:13:21 PM

Makes no difference where the trip is, if someone deliberately pulls down trips or up ends an player it's a black card..

Not so sure about that one...

Main Street

In relation to a black card offence, it's blatantly obvious that it matters where the infraction takes place. McManus upending a player on the ball, versus a provoked McManus upending a player away from the action is not the same officiating scenario in the GAA. Both Cooper and McManus were involved in an off the ball incident, a tumble in the grass. If the ref deemed it serious enough, it was either a yellow or red card offence. The ref dealt with the incident appropriately and in accordance with the rules.

BennyCake

Roscommon's Smith should get a year for that eye gouging.

Blowitupref

Quote from: BennyCake on January 27, 2019, 11:33:45 PM
Roscommon's Smith should get a year for that eye gouging.

Doubt it, after all there was no year bans for James McCarthy or Philly McMahon for similar eye gouging incidents.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose