NFL Division 1 2019 Dubs again?

Started by Dire Ear, November 26, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Mayo had to win that one this evening. That takes a bit of pressure off staying in the Division.

Blowitupref

Couldn't have a worse night for a game of football. Just 1 point separated the sides in the end and Roscommon will be kicking themselves that they only managed 0-5 1st half with that very strong wind. Mayo will hardly care, wasn't pretty but they had the experience to grind out the win.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Main Street

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 26, 2019, 08:08:37 PM
Quote from: brianboru00 on January 26, 2019, 08:05:25 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 26, 2019, 08:00:03 PM
Quote from: brianboru00 on January 26, 2019, 07:55:19 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 26, 2019, 07:49:57 PM
Quote from: Rudi on January 26, 2019, 07:44:52 PM
That was one isolated incident. Mayo on the otherhand

Pulling and dragging can't be compared to intentionally trying to inflict a serious eye injury on an opponent. (And then jumping on the ground like you've been shot)

Are you with eir sport?

Smith should have seen red 100% anf deserves a ban . But why did the tv slow mo that part of the incident and not the possible head butt ??

Showed it at half time and the (Dublin) analyst said there was nothing in it

Yes. Thats my point .
From what I saw it was a head butt. But it wasn t scrutinised . It absolutely should have been

His pathetic dive in an attempt to get a man red carded should be scrutinised.
Judging by his face clutching and pathetic dive you'd swear he just had his hair lightly ruffled.

Apart from that I thought the  Rossies were more hard done by the ref, who turned a blind eye to foot blocks, dragging etc inflicted against them  and seemed to concede to every physicality inflicted against Mayo

cornetto

Were people able to stream eir sport tonight?
Tried mobdro and firstone TV to no avail. 

Main Street

I could stream it fine using vaders iptv.

brianboru00

Probably a fair result . Roscommon far closer to mayo than two years ago at the same venue and similar conditions.  AC can take credit for that with far more organisation particularly in defence. .
How much of that closeness is mayo going back v ros going torward is another matter .

Farrandeelin

Just in, and changed and slightly warmed up. The only thing that can be got from that game was the 2 points which Mayo will be happy to take. Terrible game in horrendous conditions.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

oliverkelly

Quote from: Main Street on January 26, 2019, 09:01:20 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on January 26, 2019, 08:08:37 PM
Quote from: brianboru00 on January 26, 2019, 08:05:25 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 26, 2019, 08:00:03 PM
Quote from: brianboru00 on January 26, 2019, 07:55:19 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 26, 2019, 07:49:57 PM
Quote from: Rudi on January 26, 2019, 07:44:52 PM
That was one isolated incident. Mayo on the otherhand

Pulling and dragging can't be compared to intentionally trying to inflict a serious eye injury on an opponent. (And then jumping on the ground like you've been shot)

Are you with eir sport?

Smith should have seen red 100% anf deserves a ban . But why did the tv slow mo that part of the incident and not the possible head butt ??

Showed it at half time and the (Dublin) analyst said there was nothing in it

Yes. Thats my point .
From what I saw it was a head butt. But it wasn t scrutinised . It absolutely should have been

His pathetic dive in an attempt to get a man red carded should be scrutinised.
Judging by his face clutching and pathetic dive you'd swear he just had his hair lightly ruffled.

Apart from that I thought the  Rossies were more hard done by the ref, who turned a blind eye to foot blocks, dragging etc inflicted against them  and seemed to concede to every physicality inflicted against Mayo

Ref was a disgrace rode roscommon for 70 minutes. Donie smith should be banned for the eye gouge cant be at that. N

SCFC

How many steps did Reape take for his goal? 10, 12? Refs keep missing that.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: SCFC on January 26, 2019, 10:25:03 PM
Ah, but the forward has to get the advantage

manfromdelmonte

Considering the team that mayo had out i think Roscommon will be very happy.
Mayo are worth at least 5/6 home town calls by the ref in most games

oliverkelly

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 26, 2019, 10:27:30 PM
Quote from: SCFC on January 26, 2019, 10:25:03 PM
Ah, but the forward has to get the advantage
Advantage?? What the f you on about? He wasnt fouled took about 10 steps and scored a peach of a goal. Should have been a free out for over carrying. But cassidy has been a disgrace any game he has done involving Roscommon last few years. Mayo got frees for nothing the whole game was embarrassing one sided by the clown

Cunny Funt

Quote from: brianboru00 on January 26, 2019, 09:31:43 PM
Probably a fair result . Roscommon far closer to mayo than two years ago at the same venue and similar conditions.  AC can take credit for that with far more organisation particularly in defence. .
How much of that closeness is mayo going back v ros going torward is another matter .
I don't think either side did enough to deserve a win tonight, the Reape goal was decisive and it could easily have been pulled up for steps. The 2011 Connacht final was a similar match played in similar conditions and Mayo kicked on after that win.

JoG2

Huge credit to both teams for a serious battle in attrocious conditions, conditions which make the game a bit of a lottery. Its funny reading posts and the sheer bias for or against a certain county is plain to see. The ref didn't overly 'ride' either team imo. Both teams were cynical at times, players from both over carried at times etc etc...,

Is there a specific ban for an eye gouge does anyone know? D Smith deserves a very hefty ban for that carryon, nasty.

Main Street

Back to more serious matters, much more serious than a mere eye gouge. The Dubs will be  landing in a nearby Clones airfield on Sunday midday (in some drumlin free location)  to resume hostilities with Monaghan. Dubs manager Gavin has picked his strongest available team, such is his desperation not to get beaten by Monaghan yet again.
It's hard to tell where Monaghan are at right now, if the Tyrone McKenna cup is anything to go by then they're in for a hiding, but on the other hand it's hard to imagine that the Monaghan players  will not be xxx motivated.  McManus is named as a sub, however that does not mean he will not start.  I'll back Monaghan regardless, follow proceedings on TG4.