Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: deiseach on February 17, 2016, 09:50:29 AM
The revolution is here. You have the honour of putting Shinners and (S)Indo hacks against the wall. Who do you shoot first?

The (S)Indo really struggle to be objective when it comes to the Shinners and can't resist the petty digs and jibes and that's as long as I can remember, from Conor Cruise O'Brien, Ruth Dudley Edwards, Myers and whoever.

Can't say I read it anymore, but back in the day they were one of the few papers who'd half decent GAA coverage. Thank god for the tinternet.

Rossfan

Quote from: Hardy on February 17, 2016, 10:11:10 AM
Put the Shinners in front of the Shacks - two for one bullet.

;D
Takes a Meath buck to know how to deal with pains in the hole!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: Longshanks on February 17, 2016, 10:52:51 AM
I know this is a major IF and long shot all around but if Sinn Fein won the majority party down south and up here in the next ten years, what would that mean? surely a push at all Ireland or is that being silly?

They won't win a majority in either jurisdiction but if they did I presume they would push for it.  However they can only push for referendum in each state or else:

• unilaterally repudiate the GFA
  • renegotiate GFA

If they are in power in Republic after next election it will be in some kind of hotch potch alliance.  I wouldn't see that lasting a year.  A November budget that stays within EU Budgetary rules would likely be beyond such a grouping. 

/Jim

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: Hardy on February 17, 2016, 10:11:10 AM
Put the Shinners in front of the Shacks - two for one bullet.

Would you return the bodies to the families or bury them in the midlands?

/Jim

deiseach

Quote from: deiseach on February 17, 2016, 09:50:29 AM
The revolution is here. You have the honour of putting Shinners and (S)Indo hacks against the wall. Who do you shoot first?

For those who have not fallen asleep, the answer is: the Shinners. This is because you must always put duty before pleasure.

AZOffaly

Rossfan

They only have around 40 candidates so 25-30 seats would be a very good return.
Obviously they will be hoping FG and FF form a grand coalition so they can be the only real opposition and prepare for the next election.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Applesisapples

Quote from: armaghniac on February 26, 2016, 11:56:20 AM
Not sure if SF have gone away, but Slab is going away for a few months
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/tax-cheat-thomas-slab-murphy-sentenced-to-18-months-in-jail-34488668.html
Given her own past associations Maria Cahill has a neck on her. Still good to see that no one is above the law even Slab.

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on February 26, 2016, 01:28:24 PM
So we still get no money from him?

There was a settlement of amounts due in the past.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

foxcommander

Quote from: Applesisapples on February 26, 2016, 01:35:26 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on February 26, 2016, 11:56:20 AM
Not sure if SF have gone away, but Slab is going away for a few months
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/tax-cheat-thomas-slab-murphy-sentenced-to-18-months-in-jail-34488668.html
Given her own past associations Maria Cahill has a neck on her. Still good to see that no one is above the law even Slab.

I'm surprised Labour hadn't wheeled her out earlier for some headlines and negative press against the shinners. I fail to see any other reason they hired her.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

lawnseed

18months for 190000 euro

How long will apple inc. Get for the 19 billion they owe in corpo tax?

The timing, the extended coverage on all channels only amounts to an attempt to blacken sf.
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

muppet

Quote from: Gaffer on February 26, 2016, 06:47:28 PM
What's it got to do with SF?

Apple categorically denies membership of Sinn Féin.
MWWSI 2017