The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Tipps

That's impresssive. I've been playing for a lot longer than a year and have yet to break 80.

Minder

Quote from: thebigfella on July 02, 2010, 11:04:55 AM
Been playing for exactly a year today and broke 80 (78, been knocking on the door for a month or so) for the first time on Wednesday :)  Roll on this time year as I wanna be capable of going round in scratch and have done it at least once  ;)
9 holes or 18?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

stephenite

Very impressive score if you've just been playing a year

thebigfella

I messed about when I was younger like everyone, nothing serious or had no real swing.

TBH I guess I obsess about it a bit; I finished one relationship for her giving out to me about playing on a sunday and not spending time with her  ;) Put a lot of work into my swing (especially in the winter and with proper coaching sessions), paying dividends now it's getting consistent but at times (about 2 months ago) I could hit anything between 85 and 110 depending on what I was working on. Never had issues with the putter to be honest, I'd be happy if I get 36 putts a round and not normally to far from that.

Orior

Yes its not bad on a 9 hole pitch and putt course.

But I wonder what would bigfella score on a full size golf course?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: thebigfella on July 02, 2010, 11:50:41 AM
I messed about when I was younger like everyone, nothing serious or had no real swing.

TBH I guess I obsess about it a bit; I finished one relationship for her giving out to me about playing on a sunday and not spending time with her  ;) Put a lot of work into my swing (especially in the winter and with proper coaching sessions), paying dividends now it's getting consistent but at times (about 2 months ago) I could hit anything between 85 and 110 depending on what I was working on. Never had issues with the putter to be honest, I'd be happy if I get 36 putts a round and not normally to far from that.
Great shooting TBF, very impressive after only one year.  I am sure scratch golf is well within your remit.  What is your official handicap?  I have actually dropped from 16 to 9 in the past year myself so definitely heading in the right direction.  Had a 76 in a society outing last weekend.  Not bad for someone with a hurling grip  ;D.  Once you really start getting the Hcap down its all about the short game.  Remember 70 - 75% of your strokes in a round are from 100 yards or less  ;)

thebigfella

Quote from: Orior on July 02, 2010, 01:28:02 PM
Yes its not bad on a 9 hole pitch and putt course.

But I wonder what would bigfella score on a full size golf course?

St Anne's Dublin - full 18  ;)

thebigfella

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on July 02, 2010, 01:47:51 PM

Great shooting TBF, very impressive after only one year.  I am sure scratch golf is well within your remit.  What is your official handicap?  I have actually dropped from 16 to 9 in the past year myself so definitely heading in the right direction.  Had a 76 in a society outing last weekend.  Not bad for someone with a hurling grip  ;D.  Once you really start getting the Hcap down its all about the short game.  Remember 70 - 75% of your strokes in a round are from 100 yards or less  ;)

No offical handicap at the moment, was playing off 19 around October/November last year though. Have no club in Dublin (prices are still to high for anything within a reasonable distance) and didn't keep up membership at home as was too big an expense just to have a handicap. Unoffically it depends who i'm with ;)

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: thebigfella on July 02, 2010, 02:07:54 PM
Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on July 02, 2010, 01:47:51 PM

No offical handicap at the moment, was playing off 19 around October/November last year though. Have no club in Dublin (prices are still to high for anything within a reasonable distance) and didn't keep up membership at home as was too big an expense just to have a handicap. Unoffically it depends who i'm with ;)
Your a feckin bandit!  :D :D :D

magickingdom

Quote from: thebigfella on July 02, 2010, 11:04:55 AM
Been playing for exactly a year today and broke 80 (78, been knocking on the door for a month or so) for the first time on Wednesday :)  Roll on this time year as I wanna be capable of going round in scratch and have done it at least once  ;)

ive been playing for years and ive never broke 80.... and i hate you ;)

The Real Laoislad

Crazy stuff from Jimenez in French Open
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Catch the high ball

GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

Orior

Quote from: Catch the high ball on July 04, 2010, 04:45:55 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 04, 2010, 04:36:08 PM
Crazy stuff from Jimenez in French Open

Whats happening?

He took a six at the last par 4. Three way play-off.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Hedley Lamarr

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

The Real Laoislad

Is the JP Pro Am on telly anywhere today?
You'll Never Walk Alone.