Paddy Hitler: Uncle Adolf was a madman

Started by muppet, October 13, 2014, 12:21:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

http://www.irishcentral.com/roots/history/Census-shows-Hitlers-half-brother-married-to-an-Irishwoman-lived-in-Liverpool.html

Patrick Hitler visited his father in Germany when he was 18 and was introduced to his 'Uncle Adolf,' who was by that point on his rise to power. Patrick returned to England, and in 1939 he and Bridget, fearful over their connection, emigrated to the U.S. where they settled on Long Island and changed their last name to Stuart-Huston.

MWWSI 2017

ONeill

So, putting 2 and 2 together....the Jackeens are a bunch of Nazis?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on October 13, 2014, 12:28:45 AM
So, putting 2 and 2 together....the Jackeens are a bunch of Nazis?

No, they were, but they apologised and have moved on and should be remembered for their wonderful pastoral work.
MWWSI 2017

BennyCake

Strange that you would change your name to an ex-Arsenal caretaker manager.

All terrorists must support Arsenal. Osama being an Arsenal fan and all.

Billys Boots

Apparently, as far as I remember anyway, Uncle Adolf worked on the docks in Liverpool for a year prior to WW1.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

Really? I don't remember reading about that. I know he moved to Vienna, tried to study art but never got accepted, instead he bummed around. He was also refused from the Austrian Army, and when WW1 broke out he legged it to Germany and joined the German army.

Billys Boots

I read a book by his sister-in-law many moons ago - never knew if it was true or not.  Must have a look again for it.

AZOffaly

Yeah, I did a search, but I'm not sure has it been verified? I know he always had a sneaking regard for England, and Britain in general, but I've never seen a historian say that he spent time there.

Billys Boots

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 13, 2014, 09:25:59 AM
Yeah, I did a search, but I'm not sure has it been verified? I know he always had a sneaking regard for England, and Britain in general, but I've never seen a historian say that he spent time there.

There's another related book by a journalist (Michael Unger) who was editor of both the Liverpool Echo and Manchester Evening News, in his day.  Not exactly an historian, but surely fairly reliable.  I think it was called 'The Hitlers of Liverpool'. 

ziggysego

I heard Hitler had family connections in Liverpool, but never knew about the Dublin link. He did refer to Ireland as his garden, maybe this is why.
Testing Accessibility

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Billys Boots on October 13, 2014, 10:13:23 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on October 13, 2014, 09:25:59 AM

There's another related book by a journalist (Michael Unger) who was editor of both the Liverpool Echo and Manchester Evening News, in his day.  Not exactly an historian, but surely fairly reliable.  I think it was called 'The Hitlers of Liverpool'.

Liverpool has a great association with great 'German' families  :P

Mike Sheehy

It is the Ballinasloe connection that ties it all together.

moysider

Quote from: BennyCake on October 13, 2014, 02:29:53 AM
Strange that you would change your name to an ex-Arsenal caretaker manager.

All terrorists must support Arsenal. Osama being an Arsenal fan and all.

Never mind Arsenal, Stu. Heuston played for Man United for years. A Scottish Nazi ffs.