Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 11, 2019, 09:26:29 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 10, 2019, 11:06:02 PM
Was refereeing tonight so got to listen to Alan Green on the way home in the car for the first half, did someone beat him up at Old Trafford? Did Fergie give him the Hairdryer treatment?

His unreal biased commentary is beyond the pail, actually got embarrassing.

On the second half I seen it was a poor affair. Liverpool will beat them pulling up.

It would, to you  :)

Was that the coverage on bbc radio 5 it sounded fine to me.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Maroon Manc

OT needs investment but don't see them doing it.

Investing in the team is a more pressing matter, just hope they back OGS this summer properly this summer. The huge clearout required since 2013 has never happened and its not going to happen this summer. In an ideal world United would buy 5/6 players but Id' settle for buying 3, a top centre half, midfielder & a right winger.

The club has circa £250m in cash so there's no excuse for not spending it after last summers poor performance in the transfer market.

On another note Woodward gets far too much credit, looks like Liverpool are going to sign a kit deal for more than United rake in despite United selling double what Liverpool sell. Who'd have thought agreeing a 10 year deal wasn't a great idea, considering what Barca & Real are now earning looks like a complete balls up from Woodward.

lurganblue

Saw a lot of social media backlash at Ashley Young from the Utd supporters midweek. I didn't see the match and yes probably he played poorly.  The lad is not a right back though. He has been shoehorned into that position out of necessity. More of a club problem than an Ashley Young problem.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: lurganblue on April 12, 2019, 10:03:43 AM
Saw a lot of social media backlash at Ashley Young from the Utd supporters midweek. I didn't see the match and yes probably he played poorly.  The lad is not a right back though. He has been shoehorned into that position out of necessity. More of a club problem than an Ashley Young problem.

It was one of the worst performances from a United player in a long time which followed him a performance at Wolves where he was sent off and culpable for the 1st goal. Agree its not his fault its the man picking him who has a complete blind spot for him. A few weeks ago i though Young would be a good backup for Dalot next season but now I'm not so sure.

Boycey

Mason Greenwood on the bench this evening, be nice to see him get a few minutes. 

Milltown Row2

Getting the rub of the green so far, draw written all over it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Lucky to be ahead at half time. Performance very flat again so many players either not good enough or in poor form at the moment.

Square Ball

Terrible game littered with very basic errors from players and officials alike.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

GJL

So Utd get a ropey penalty and West Ham have a good goal ruled out! Looks like we are getting some Liverpoolesque luck.

quit yo jibbajabba

Thats like somethin EC Unique wouldve came out with

stiffler

Poor performance , but the result is all that matters in the race to 4th.

Blunder from de gea but he made up for it with a great save.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Cunny Funt

A real ugly win. West Ham will be left wondering how they didn't get something out of that game. Seen both sides from DeGea today, poor distribution that led to another goal conceded (a bad habit this season from him) while his save just before the 2nd penalty was key in that lucky win.

stiffler

That's 12 penalties for Utd in the league now , pogbas goals from pens has been crucial this season.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Milltown Row2

Quote from: stiffler on April 13, 2019, 07:33:38 PM
That's 12 penalties for Utd in the league now , pogbas goals from pens has been crucial this season.

He's missed a couple too I think