Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Was refereeing tonight so got to listen to Alan Green on the way home in the car for the first half, did someone beat him up at Old Trafford? Did Fergie give him the Hairdryer treatment?

His unreal biased commentary is beyond the pail, actually got embarrassing.

On the second half I seen it was a poor affair. Liverpool will beat them pulling up.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Godsown

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 10, 2019, 11:06:02 PM
Was refereeing tonight so got to listen to Alan Green on the way home in the car for the first half, did someone beat him up at Old Trafford? Did Fergie give him the Hairdryer treatment?

On the second half I seen it was a poor affair. Liverpool will beat them pulling up.

Spot on re Green, fergie hunted him. An absolute dick of a commentator who is just a self opinionated  plonker with no football background. Diehard Liverpool supporter. On a par with the likes of Parry and Durham on Talksport who just love to be controversial . Not dissimilar to Steven Nolan on current affairs. I just tend to reach for the off switch

Maroon Manc

A frustrating night, even more so as Barca aren't a great side. I'd fully expect Liverpool to beat them.

I've one big issue with Ole over last night which was keeping Young on, he was woeful from start to finish; He should have been hooked after 15 minutes.

Whilst United continue with that back 4 we'll continue to concede soft goals, over 50% of the goals United concdede are completely avoidable. Smalling & Young are just not good enough. Pogba again a huge disappointment, went missing last night. Fred had a good game but not without mistakes whilst McTominay was superb and he should now be first choice as should Fred. I'd like to see United get back to Lingard, Martial & Rashford up front, seemed to bring the best out in Pogba.

We've got very little chance over there but you'd never know, was far more despondent after the PSG game.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 10, 2019, 11:06:02 PM

Was that the coverage on bbc radio 5 it sounded fine to me.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Keyser soze

Alan Green was constantly accused of being biased towards Utd in the past.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Keyser soze on April 11, 2019, 09:56:17 AM

Thought everyone was aware of how much of abu he was, he hates United and thats very obvious.

Farrandeelin

Didn't see the game. Thought Rte or Virgin would have shown it. Seems from the comments here it was a case of shite and shiter.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 11, 2019, 10:41:53 AM
Didn't see the game. Thought Rte or Virgin would have shown it. Seems from the comments here it was a case of shite and shiter.

They showed Ajax / Juve - which was a great game of football. They made the right choice.

Hound

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 11, 2019, 10:08:16 AM

Thought everyone was aware of how much of abu he was, he hates United and thats very obvious.
Back in the day when I was a Radio 5 listener (Must say I used to love him, Mike Ingham and Jimmy Armfield, but I hear now that Green's ego has blossomed and he's not what he was), Green would have always been accused of being a United supporter. He always seemed delighted when they made the breakthrough to be league champions and always raved about them.

But then he was previewing a game that United were about to play, and the team was announced as something different to what Ferguson had told him it was going to be. So he said on air that he'll never believe the "propaganda" that comes from the United manager in future. I'm not sure what the immediate ramification of this were, but not long afterwards Green accused Ferguson of being a bully, and then the relationship well and truly ended!

Accused of being a Liverpool fan pretty much since then. I've no idea and it's a few years since I heard him. I remember he wasa big fan of Rafa. But two comments stick in my mind that might doubt that - he said Gerrard should sign for Chelsea and he said Stallone will be lucky if his limo still has wheels on it when he returns to wherever in Liverpool it was parked! 

Boycey

Jaysus he never would have been a United supporter.. but some of his commentary on their European Cup games in the late 90's would have been iconic.. But I think that was a 'British thing' rather than about United

Taylor

Barca were well below par. Dont know if they just had an off night or Utd didnt let them play with the high press.

Ashley Young is utter dross. Lukaku not far behind him.

Young wouldnt make any team on the top 10 given last nights performance

GJL

Quote from: Hound on April 11, 2019, 11:15:59 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 11, 2019, 10:08:16 AM

Back in the day when I was a Radio 5 listener (Must say I used to love him, Mike Ingham and Jimmy Armfield, but I hear now that Green's ego has blossomed and he's not what he was), Green would have always been accused of being a United supporter. He always seemed delighted when they made the breakthrough to be league champions and always raved about them.

But then he was previewing a game that United were about to play, and the team was announced as something different to what Ferguson had told him it was going to be. So he said on air that he'll never believe the "propaganda" that comes from the United manager in future. I'm not sure what the immediate ramification of this were, but not long afterwards Green accused Ferguson of being a bully, and then the relationship well and truly ended!

Accused of being a Liverpool fan pretty much since then. I've no idea and it's a few years since I heard him. I remember he wasa big fan of Rafa. But two comments stick in my mind that might doubt that - he said Gerrard should sign for Chelsea and he said Stallone will be lucky if his limo still has wheels on it when he returns to wherever in Liverpool it was parked!

;D ;D

Denn Forever

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 11, 2019, 10:48:13 AM

They showed Ajax / Juve - which was a great game of football. They made the right choice.

I enjoyed it as both teams seemed to be enjoying playing.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Denn Forever on April 11, 2019, 12:35:20 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 11, 2019, 10:48:13 AM

I enjoyed it as both teams seemed to be enjoying playing.

Absolutely, not to be sentimental or anything....thought it was very striking that the Ajax players to a man seemed to be smiling about something or other during the game anytime something went involving a close up.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Taylor on April 11, 2019, 12:14:58 PM
Barca were well below par. Dont know if they just had an off night or Utd didnt let them play with the high press.

Ashley Young is utter dross. Lukaku not far behind him.

Young wouldnt make any team on the top 10 given last nights performance

Barcelona have been good at home and below par on their travels at this stage of the competition for the last 4 years. More than likely its opportunity lost in this tie for United now. As for Young he's been terrible all season and really bizarre how he doesn't get dropped at this stage.