Mayo v Galway, 18/06/16, McHale Park

Started by Duine Eile, May 29, 2016, 10:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

At this rate the amount of Galway players in the US this Summer would give the ones who have stayed at home for the championship a right good game. Tough situation for Kevin Walsh.

One thing is for sure if these lads felt there was a chance of silverware on offer they would not be heading off. Obviously they feel even a Connacht title is beyond them at the moment. Let alone an All-Ireland.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: ballinaman on June 10, 2016, 04:01:48 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 10, 2016, 03:56:50 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on June 10, 2016, 03:27:45 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 10, 2016, 03:03:01 PM
FOC gone to the states for the summer?
Could have told you that weeks ago  8), actually I think I did

Technically you didn't  ;D
True but the story of him getting a month off to get an injury cleared up, only to play MOM the following weekend for his club should have raised suspicion of that story.

I agree, I'd imagine KW was trying to change his mind.

I'm not sure how big a loss it is as I'm not completely convinced by him anyway but it certainly leaves us short in numbers. I'm happy with Flynn partnering Conroy  but it looks like if anything should happen to either of them than Peter Cooke will be next in line and considering he's played very little senior football and is u21 again next year its a lot to ask.

moysider

Chris Barrett defo out for this one. Loftus is 50/50 and Seamie Bear and Diarmuid O Connor also doubtful.

galwayman

Stupid to say he was given a month off to recuperate from injury if he was going to the States anyway.
What was the point in that?
He was genuinely injured alright (he missed his clubs first championship game) but it was obviously known he was off to America at that stage.
Michael Daly also off for the summer.He has been playing very well for his club recently

Mayoffs

Don't mean to sound negative here but our forwards need to have a good day to boost confidence. Another high wide tally will sow the seeds of doubt again and even if we scrape through, questions about the ability of this team to score enough points from play will remain. Some fellas need to step up and not be relying on the usual suspects to bail them out by popping over a handy free or show them how it's done off the bench.
we're on the verge of insanity (the verge just got narrower)

Farrandeelin

Quote from: moysider on June 10, 2016, 05:55:56 PM

Chris Barrett defo out for this one. Loftus is 50/50 and Seamie Bear and Diarmuid O Connor also doubtful.

So none of them took part in the training week in London I assume. Such a balls with injuries. At least Parsons isn't on that list. And I do agree with Mayoffs point (pardon the pun) on the forwards, I've seen nothing in the league games to see the problem being rectified, the updates on the London game weren't too convincing either.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Duine Eile

Looks like we all missed this one according to Tom Carr and Jarlath Burns  >:( We might not have much of a chance of winning but a bit of respect would be nice.

Syferus

Quote from: Duine Eile on June 12, 2016, 11:05:30 PM
Looks like we all missed this one according to Tom Carr and Jarlath Burns  >:( We might not have much of a chance of winning but a bit of respect would be nice.

I'm liking Tommy (we're allowed to call him that) more and more every time he winds up the neighbours.

moysider

It's certainly a big change from the days when Sunday Game analysts used to be slavering over Galway. Especially the forwards, even long after their 98-2001 forwards were no longer around.

Duine Eile

Quote from: moysider on June 13, 2016, 12:09:53 AM

It's certainly a big change from the days when Sunday Game analysts used to be slavering over Galway. Especially the forwards, even long after their 98-2001 forwards were no longer around.

Just wait until next weekend, there won't be enough adjectives in the dictionary to describe our forwards   ;)

Maroon Manc

The greatest Kilmovee man of the lot waxed lyrical in his book about Galway forwards as opposed to those in his own county, unfortunately this vintage are not in that class although they've time on their side.

Syferus

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 13, 2016, 10:28:38 AM
The greatest Kilmovee man of the lot waxed lyrical in his book about Galway forwards as opposed to those in his own county, unfortunately this vintage are not in that class although they've time on their side.

I didn't know Larryin wrote a book.

From the Bunker

Odds with Paddy Power

Mayo 1/5
Draw 11/1
Galway 9/2

Odds for Connacht title

Mayo 2/5
Roscommon 11/4
Galway 8/1

rosnarun

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 13, 2016, 03:25:23 PM
Odds with Paddy Power

Mayo 1/5
Draw 11/1
Galway 9/2

Odds for Connacht title

Mayo 2/5
Roscommon 11/4
Galway 8/1

strange odds really
if galway beat mayo they would be surely red hot favourites for connaght
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Cunny Funt

Odds about right. It would be a massive if for Galway middle of the road division 2 team to beat All Ireland contenders Mayo in Castlebar.