Postage question

Started by BennyCake, April 06, 2020, 01:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Was selling a few things on eBay there. Have to send a couple of these, but to be honest, I'd prefer not to have to go to the post office to do so.

Is there a way of doing it online and throwing it into the local postbox instead, or give it to the postman?

armaghniac

Quote from: BennyCake on April 06, 2020, 01:05:12 PM
Was selling a few things on eBay there. Have to send a couple of these, but to be honest, I'd prefer not to have to go to the post office to do so.

Is there a way of doing it online and throwing it into the local postbox instead, or give it to the postman?

If you have an appropriate  stamp and it will fit in the postbox then fire ahead.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

marty34

I think they have a 'drop and go' in service. You have an account and you lodge so much.  But you have to go in to the post office.

nrico2006

Off topic a bit, but was there any delay or ban on external postage shipments from China.  Waiting on something from start of February and still not here.  Sometimes it can take a while but this is the longest yet.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BennyCake

Quote from: armaghniac on April 06, 2020, 01:22:05 PM

If you have an appropriate  stamp and it will fit in the postbox then fire ahead.

Feck it. I'm a bit short

armaghniac

Quote from: BennyCake on April 06, 2020, 04:30:54 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on April 06, 2020, 01:22:05 PM

Feck it. I'm a bit short

A lot of shops sell stamp booklets without being post offices, if you have other business there.
In the 26 counties  (and probably in the 6) you can get them to send out a booklet of stamps. I tried this with An Post last week, as I thought it would save a trip, but so far there is no sign of the delivery.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

A package I have costs £1.40 to send.

1st class stamp is 76p, a 2nd class stamp is 65p. That's £1.41 which covers the cost. Can I post with one of each of those stamps, or do I need stamps with the actual monetary value on them?

wobbller

Quote from: BennyCake on April 07, 2020, 11:47:10 AM
A package I have costs £1.40 to send.

1st class stamp is 76p, a 2nd class stamp is 65p. That's £1.41 which covers the cost. Can I post with one of each of those stamps, or do I need stamps with the actual monetary value on them?
My god this is enthralling stuff. Go to a post office and pay what you need.Jesus wept.