Laois Masters

Started by Unlaoised, April 23, 2019, 10:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unlaoised

Anyone know much about them ..over 40s likes of wolly Chris Conway etc playing I seen a bit of their game tonight they got hammered  by park juniors .

Seemed to be wearing stradballly jerseys .

Can the county board not give them a set ?

Do they have anything to Do with the county board like other master teams or are they on their own ??
LAOIS ABÚ

on the hop

No idea what the story is with them as it's there first year. Saw a good bit of Kildare last year as they played their games in round towers. They were really out on their own and did a lot of their own sponsorship. Kildare had little or no ex-county players, mostly active club players. Laois don't seem to have much in the line of social media like most of the other teams have to know what they are at. The fixtures aren't kind to Laois, first game I think is against Dublin who won the all Ireland last year and I think they have mayo as well . From the Facebook page for the association dublin have been in the gym with Conor mcgregors trainer since January. Ang idea who played??

Unlaoised

Noel Garvan David Sweeney Mark Rooney wolly Chris Conway...plus a lot of bauldy lads
LAOIS ABÚ

Don Draper

The PRO

As someone said, the teams that do well in this don't bother much with ex county guys but tend to play lads aged 40, 41, 42 who are still in good nick and playing club football.
Noel Garvan and Chris Conway certainly fit that bill. Tom Kelly would too. JP Conway, Paul McDonald, John Kealy, Podge Langton, Tom McDonald all would be big additions.

Don Draper

I see they're playing this weekend, and have been given a brand spanking new set of geansai's by Laois GAA, who also supplied them with footballs as well. I presume the jerseys wont be tight fit!

on the hop

The lads weren't bad, they got hit early by Dublin's fast start but were well in the game after that and had a far better second half. Dublin as from their Facebook page were fit. Laois Probably had a lot of square pegs in round holes but if they can get a bit better organized they have a great chance.

on the hop

Nice win for the lads last night against a Westmeath team that had Martin Flanagan and alan Mangan flying. Down a good few players from the last day but had Darren Rooney at centre back and he made an awful difference. A lot of sore bodies at the end