Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Hectic

Time for the Green Brigade to wise to f*%k up. Their statement is basically saying we bring great support to the team and noise to the stadium and it comes at the cost of us doing what we like regardless of safety law to which the club must comply and the rules of the competitions we aspire to be in.

I am with them that the game is bent and every man has the right to his own opinion and how he expresses himself but they have to learn where and when.

They actually, in their statement, cite issues in the game yet their displays are not about these. If that is their stated grievance why not have that at the forefront of their displays?

I have a soft spot for them like a lot of Celtic supporters but they need to become more savvy.

Kilkevan

Quote from: illdecide on July 23, 2017, 12:03:00 AM
First thing was the link is to a Seria A game and not a Champions League game, the Italian FA is responsible for this. If this happend during a CL game they would have been severley punished.
Second pyrotechnics can burn at 1600 degrees C and you can't extinguish them either, even if they've never killed anyone before (which they have) they still have the potential too and can you imagine the burn you'd get of them...(i've seen the pictures). Can you imagine what would happen if a fan dropped it (getting burnt) in a wodden stand (see Bradford Fire) not to mention that they're illegal anyway and are smuggled into the grounds.

As for standing on your flares you're talking so much shite it's not even funny. You can put a lit flare into a bucket of water for 24 hours and as soon as you take it out it will ignite again...I repeat you can't put them out, the only way to stop them is let them burn out. How we are trained to deal with a flare is lift it with a litter picker and set them into a bucket of sand and remove it to a safe place and then remove it from the sand and let it burn out.

First, I never said it was a CL match and my apologised but I nearly p*ssed myself at the part where you said a wooden stand like at Bradford. You're just making this up as you go along aren't you? How many football stadia do you know that are built out of wood these days lmfao! I know the mothered football supporters of England and Scotland would think the bogeyman flare monster was going to get them but to put them out you can push the lit bit against a surface (preferably concrete or such a surface which doesn't burn easily, I wouldn't try it with wood even if you can locate a stadium made of the stuff these days) and stub it out. You can do it with your hand or your foot.

Now, 1600 degrees C you say... Another jackanory story. Whilst certain types of flares can burn at that temperature, are you going to tell us all do? How is it then that people are (a)able to hold them in their hand above their heads without receiving any burn and not simply dropping them because they get roasted off the heat of them, (b)when they are burnt en masse, and look at videos of flares in countries like Turkey or Greece where the whole stand looks like it's ablaze how is it that the fans can stick the heat lol and (c)if the ones customarily used in football stadia burn at 1600 degrees C how is it that the place stays intact (particularly given a lot of them are lit and thrown onto the ground)? Plastic melts at between about 100 and 300 degrees C and ignites at approximately 550. Concrete loses cohesion at approximately 1200 degrees C so, according to the rubbish that you're spouting, part of the stand wouldn't stay intact. I'm also going to point out that you might not be aware that you can buy the sort of flare used at football matches for about €1 a piece. Now, if for €1 a piece you can get a flare which burns after being thrown into sand or being in water for 24 hours then the purchaser is getting a serious piece of equipment at some value eh? Oh and the ones typically used at football matches burn for maximum of about 60 seconds so by the time they've been ignited, you've gotten to them, gotten your litter picker ready, put them into sand either you're Usain Bolt's cousin or you're telling porkies.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though and assume you mean well and that some health and safety Hitler has filled your head with nonsense that flares at football matches and flash bangs are the same thing. Enjoy your prawn sandwiches and a few hand claps the next time you go to a football match. I'll stick with the atmosphere of matches on the continent.

Kilkevan

Quote from: illdecide on July 23, 2017, 12:05:57 AM
Quote from: Kilkevan on July 22, 2017, 08:49:19 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 22, 2017, 08:29:45 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on July 22, 2017, 12:47:07 PM
That's reassuring. To be honest when I read and heard of deaths in U.K., Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, Portugal, India etc I genuinely believed the victims to be dead. I now know, thanks to you that it's hacks making it all up. Those funerals were a sham. Sickening
I replied to that guy once in this thread, I hadn't at that time realised that he's a prize idiot, best to ignore his trolling.

I'd define a prize idiot as someone pontificating about something he knows zilch about, and actually believing he's right, rather than someone commentating on something he's done and seen dozens of times.

How do you get to be as stupid as you by the way? Do you collect Frosties tokens or something?

Don't mean to be rude but you know f**k all about flares...see above it bold (Glass houses)

Aye yeah! Enjoy the prawn sandwiches, Mummy's knitted scarf and don't forget to clap if your team scores a goaly woaly now.

Another one who thinks football flares and flash bangs are the same thing  ::).

illdecide

Look all i can tell you is i went to a seminar in Celtic Park on Pyrotechnics where there was a company there showing us the different types of Pyrotechnics that are out there, they showed us the videos of how they react and how unpredictable they are. They lit one ouside and put into water and left it for a while and when they took it out it ignited straight away again, yes you are right on the price you can get them at on the internet but you don't know what you're buying and who you're buying from (as well as being illegal). You are also correct in saying the don't all burn at 1600 but how can you be sure the ones you've bought do not...again buying of a dodgy internet site you don't know what you're buying (and they're illegal).

You are also correct about the majority of stadiums being constructed from concrete and steel but i'm sure there are still a few old stands about somewhere about the country which consists mainly of timber but could you imagine the scene during one of Celtic's previous games where the whole section of the GB's area had flags that covered the whole area above their heads and they had a few flares popping out if they had of caught fire...it would have been a disaster.

Now i'm actually going to take the experts opinion on Pyrotechnics and not yours, these guys have tested them in Labs and have showed us the damage they have caused throughout the world. Some of the pictures we seen where people had been so badly burnt you couldn't recognise their hands was scary, yes you can hold them as they burn out from the top and only go so far down before they burn out but they're unpredictable and they're not all the same (if they were safe they wouldn't be illegal).

You named other Countries there and again you're probably right as they may not be banned in Boliva, Peru etc but they are over here as the EU laws are a lot stricter. Again they're illegal for a reason but i guess you know better than the experts.

You don't know anything about me and to say i'm prawn sandwich man is wrong, I love the craic at a match with banter, singing etc but my job or others like me in a stadium is to make sure all people can come to a match/event and watch it safely. That's getting into the ground, watching the match and getting out safely. So that Seamus (etc) can bring his kids to the game and not worry about them getting set on fire. The GB are fantastic and bring great atmosphere to CP but they over step the mark sometimes and can't be allowed to disobey the rules when they feel like it.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Main Street

Quote from: Hectic on July 23, 2017, 12:23:34 AM
Time for the Green Brigade to wise to f*%k up. Their statement is basically saying we bring great support to the team and noise to the stadium and it comes at the cost of us doing what we like regardless of safety law to which the club must comply and the rules of the competitions we aspire to be in.

I am with them that the game is bent and every man has the right to his own opinion and how he expresses himself but they have to learn where and when.

They actually, in their statement, cite issues in the game yet their displays are not about these. If that is their stated grievance why not have that at the forefront of their displays?

I have a soft spot for them like a lot of Celtic supporters but they need to become more savvy.
I read their statement here. If the club does not close the dialogue then I think the issues can be kept just inside the legal barrier.
http://www.talkingbaws.com/2017/07/green-brigade-release-statement-response-2-game-ban/

The conundrum is
that they took the decision as a group to have the pyro display last May and  the undefeated army banner v Linfield, they say they are willing to accept full responsibility,  but have an issue with the punishment being collective, affecting all the group.

"we take this opportunity to accept full responsibility for both the pyrotechnics display to celebrate the achievements of the Lisbon Lions at the Hearts match in May and our 'Brendan's Undefeated Army' tifo during the match against Linfield on Wednesday evening."

"We do however completely oppose collective punishment and a blanket ban on all fans in our block is disproportionate and unjust therefore we call on the board to revise this decision."

As they say, you have to take it on the chin and quit the whining.

stew

Quote from: Kilkevan on July 23, 2017, 12:44:16 AM
First thing was the link is to a Seria A game and not a Champions League game, the Italian FA is responsible for this. If this happend during a CL game they would have been severley punished.
Second pyrotechnics can burn at 1600 degrees C and you can't extinguish them either, even if they've never killed anyone before (which they have) they still have the potential too and can you imagine the burn you'd get of them...(i've seen the pictures). Can you imagine what would happen if a fan dropped it (getting burnt) in a wodden stand (see Bradford Fire) not to mention that they're illegal anyway and are smuggled into the grounds.

As for standing on your flares you're talking so much shite it's not even funny. You can put a lit flare into a bucket of water for 24 hours and as soon as you take it out it will ignite again...I repeat you can't put them out, the only way to stop them is let them burn out. How we are trained to deal with a flare is lift it with a litter picker and set them into a bucket of sand and remove it to a safe place and then remove it from the sand and let it burn out.

First, I never said it was a CL match and my apologised but I nearly p*ssed myself at the part where you said a wooden stand like at Bradford. You're just making this up as you go along aren't you? How many football stadia do you know that are built out of wood these days lmfao! I know the mothered football supporters of England and Scotland would think the bogeyman flare monster was going to get them but to put them out you can push the lit bit against a surface (preferably concrete or such a surface which doesn't burn easily, I wouldn't try it with wood even if you can locate a stadium made of the stuff these days) and stub it out. You can do it with your hand or your foot.

Now, 1600 degrees C you say... Another jackanory story. Whilst certain types of flares can burn at that temperature, are you going to tell us all do? How is it then that people are (a)able to hold them in their hand above their heads without receiving any burn and not simply dropping them because they get roasted off the heat of them, (b)when they are burnt en masse, and look at videos of flares in countries like Turkey or Greece where the whole stand looks like it's ablaze how is it that the fans can stick the heat lol and (c)if the ones customarily used in football stadia burn at 1600 degrees C how is it that the place stays intact (particularly given a lot of them are lit and thrown onto the ground)? Plastic melts at between about 100 and 300 degrees C and ignites at approximately 550. Concrete loses cohesion at approximately 1200 degrees C so, according to the rubbish that you're spouting, part of the stand wouldn't stay intact. I'm also going to point out that you might not be aware that you can buy the sort of flare used at football matches for about €1 a piece. Now, if for €1 a piece you can get a flare which burns after being thrown into sand or being in water for 24 hours then the purchaser is getting a serious piece of equipment at some value eh? Oh and the ones typically used at football matches burn for maximum of about 60 seconds so by the time they've been ignited, you've gotten to them, gotten your litter picker ready, put them into sand either you're Usain Bolt's cousin or you're telling porkies.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though and assume you mean well and that some health and safety Hitler has filled your head with nonsense that flares at football matches and flash bangs are the same thing. Enjoy your prawn sandwiches and a few hand claps the next time you go to a football match. I'll stick with the atmosphere of matches on the continent.

Fack me that is some ignorant shite, I refer you back to illdecides post, he knows what he is talking about.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Kilkevan

Quote from: illdecide on July 23, 2017, 01:33:27 AM
Look all i can tell you is i went to a seminar in Celtic Park on Pyrotechnics where there was a company there showing us the different types of Pyrotechnics that are out there, they showed us the videos of how they react and how unpredictable they are. They lit one ouside and put into water and left it for a while and when they took it out it ignited straight away again, yes you are right on the price you can get them at on the internet but you don't know what you're buying and who you're buying from (as well as being illegal). You are also correct in saying the don't all burn at 1600 but how can you be sure the ones you've bought do not...again buying of a dodgy internet site you don't know what you're buying (and they're illegal).

You are also correct about the majority of stadiums being constructed from concrete and steel but i'm sure there are still a few old stands about somewhere about the country which consists mainly of timber but could you imagine the scene during one of Celtic's previous games where the whole section of the GB's area had flags that covered the whole area above their heads and they had a few flares popping out if they had of caught fire...it would have been a disaster.

Now i'm actually going to take the experts opinion on Pyrotechnics and not yours, these guys have tested them in Labs and have showed us the damage they have caused throughout the world. Some of the pictures we seen where people had been so badly burnt you couldn't recognise their hands was scary, yes you can hold them as they burn out from the top and only go so far down before they burn out but they're unpredictable and they're not all the same (if they were safe they wouldn't be illegal).

You named other Countries there and again you're probably right as they may not be banned in Boliva, Peru etc but they are over here as the EU laws are a lot stricter. Again they're illegal for a reason but i guess you know better than the experts.

You don't know anything about me and to say i'm prawn sandwich man is wrong, I love the craic at a match with banter, singing etc but my job or others like me in a stadium is to make sure all people can come to a match/event and watch it safely. That's getting into the ground, watching the match and getting out safely. So that Seamus (etc) can bring his kids to the game and not worry about them getting set on fire. The GB are fantastic and bring great atmosphere to CP but they over step the mark sometimes and can't be allowed to disobey the rules when they feel like it.

Fair enough, but from experience I'm going to take the opinion of the so-called experts with a pinch of salt. Health and Safety in the UK is way over the top. Yes, flares can be dangerous but so can almost anything. Flares are used at the majority of big Italian matches, as they are in other countries on the continent. They are also regularly used at demonstrations throughout Europe and elsewhere. There have been accidents, but if you looked at the ratio between usage and accident the rate is infinitely tiny. Also, there is usually a story behind the accident, eg. someone has been over-adventurous in terms of the flare used or some d*ckhead has thrown them at someone but you don't ban cars because some *rsehole drives through a village at 100kph or goes behind the wheel after 15 pints of porter. From experience I've seen them used in a safe manner hundreds of times, have never seen an incident and subsequently they don't worry me. The authorities in the UK go way over-the-top in terms of safety.

Kilkevan

Quote from: stew on July 23, 2017, 10:24:13 AM
Quote from: Kilkevan on July 23, 2017, 12:44:16 AM

Fack me that is some ignorant shite, I refer you back to illdecides post, he knows what he is talking about.

Aye grand  ::).

tonto1888

Quote from: Main Street on July 23, 2017, 09:47:39 AM

I read their statement here. If the club does not close the dialogue then I think the issues can be kept just inside the legal barrier.
http://www.talkingbaws.com/2017/07/green-brigade-release-statement-response-2-game-ban/

The conundrum is
that they took the decision as a group to have the pyro display last May and  the undefeated army banner v Linfield, they say they are willing to accept full responsibility,  but have an issue with the punishment being collective, affecting all the group.

"we take this opportunity to accept full responsibility for both the pyrotechnics display to celebrate the achievements of the Lisbon Lions at the Hearts match in May and our 'Brendan's Undefeated Army' tifo during the match against Linfield on Wednesday evening."

"We do however completely oppose collective punishment and a blanket ban on all fans in our block is disproportionate and unjust therefore we call on the board to revise this decision."

I agree with some of what you say mate. But I agree it's unfair to ban all 900 people in that section. The vast majority won't have been involved in the flares or the banners. Ban the GB. I believe there's about 40/50 of hem illdecide is that right? I can see both sides but I think banning all 900 is over he top

illdecide

Seriously i remember watching that Hearts game thinking "Holy F**k if any of them flares touch that flag material that is over everyone's head it would have been catastrophic" lucky enough it didn't happen. We could argue or talk/discuss all day and we'll never agree on it but if you take the same argument away from a Football Ground and take it to a Road running near a resedintial area, there may never have been any one killed on that Road but minor accidents and traffic volumes will soon tell you that the potential is there for a child to be knocked down and killed and law of averages will tell you it will happen eventually so to reduce the risk of this happening we introduce Traffic Calming measures to reduce the speed of the vehicles and therefore reduce the risk of someone losing their life.

The golden rule...It may never have happened before but that doesn't mean it will not happen...Anyway have a nice day...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Kilkevan

Quote from: illdecide on July 23, 2017, 01:12:49 PM
Seriously i remember watching that Hearts game thinking "Holy F**k if any of them flares touch that flag material that is over everyone's head it would have been catastrophic" lucky enough it didn't happen. We could argue or talk/discuss all day and we'll never agree on it but if you take the same argument away from a Football Ground and take it to a Road running near a resedintial area, there may never have been any one killed on that Road but minor accidents and traffic volumes will soon tell you that the potential is there for a child to be knocked down and killed and law of averages will tell you it will happen eventually so to reduce the risk of this happening we introduce Traffic Calming measures to reduce the speed of the vehicles and therefore reduce the risk of someone losing their life.

The golden rule...It may never have happened before but that doesn't mean it will not happen...Anyway have a nice day...

If they were holding flares underneath banners then that is stupid. That's where I'm making the distinction between using them in a relatively safe way and using them recklessly. The ultras I've been with in Italy seem to have, in the vast majority of cases, a bit of cop on in how they use them, perhaps because they're accustomed to doing so. Perhaps the GB, not being used to using them don't know or realise that they do have to be used wisely. I'm going to continue taking the perceived risk of using them at the San Siro and I'm sure you're going to continue to think I shouldn't so we'll have to agree to disagree.

Hectic

For me the biggest problem with flares is your fellow supporters with respiratory problems. The fire or burn hazard these days is minimal apart from those at the scene. And then there are the laws....

Main Street

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 23, 2017, 12:02:36 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 23, 2017, 09:47:39 AM

The conundrum is

I agree with some of what you say mate. But I agree it's unfair to ban all 900 people in that section. The vast majority won't have been involved in the flares or the banners. Ban the GB. I believe there's about 40/50 of hem illdecide is that right? I can see both sides but I think banning all 900 is over he top
i thought the whole section was Green Brigade? When they march to the ground as a group before the game, it looks to be much more than 50.

T Fearon

http://glasgowgospel.org/exclusive-raging-rodgers-ready-to-walk-over-banner-embarrassment/

I told you,and will be followed by Desmond,all because of a handful of pricks who probably know little or nothing about Irish politics or history.

charlieTully

Quote from: T Fearon on July 23, 2017, 02:25:28 PM
http://glasgowgospel.org/exclusive-raging-rodgers-ready-to-walk-over-banner-embarrassment/

I told you,and will be followed by Desmond,all because of a handful of pricks who probably know little or nothing about Irish politics or history.

Couldn't agree more. I love a good singalong in the bars but it has no place at the stadium and the banners were out of order.