What had McStay scribbled on page when talking about Mikey's list of honours

Started by eastern_gael, July 05, 2010, 02:07:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Konica

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 05, 2010, 05:47:07 PM
He only has goalposts at one end of the pitch. Shoddy analysis.

He was a forward ... probably never tracked back to know there are goals at the far end

eastern_gael

Fairly shoddy looking pitch. Think i can make out E=MC Squared whatever that has to do with football or serious bits of kit

joemamas

I also think Kevin Mcstay is miles ahead of some of his colleagues on RTE. Now , I understand that that may not get him any awards, but when you think of some of the shi*e spouted by Tommy Lyons et AL, Mcstay comes across as fairly intelligent, he is a good reader of the game and he also is not afraid to call a spade a spade, unlike some of his colleagues who will sit on the fence.

I also think his analysis of games is far better, look back to last sunday, how many of his colleagues would have gone to the trouble of breaking down the plays that led to the Meath goals, none that I have seen on RTE.

ross matt

Quote from: Seany on July 05, 2010, 11:10:05 AM
No, actually I'm totally serious

I also met him once at a match and he was a complete gentleman.

I reckon he's great to listen to and can analyse a match well.  I have great respect for him as a pundit.

Spot on Seany. Couldnt agree more. Always rated him highly as a pundit. None of "am'nt I a gas man altogther" blather ala Spillane, O'Rourke and Brolly. Manages to criticise constructively without disrespecting the player. Also met him once. Thorough gentleman.

Kerry Mike

In his Evening Herald article last week McStay asked for Kerry people to apologise to Tohill over the Paul Galvin affair, yerra go away and shite McStay for yourself, ya fecking gobshite.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

moysider

Yerra, no need. Galvin did enough grovelling himself. No need for anybody to apologise for anything after that bit of tv. Those that batted for him needn't have bothered.