Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

What was the final score in the Cross v Charlestown replay?
Last I heard Charlestown were up by 7. Is that the end of this great Crossmolina team?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Farrandeelin

Charlestown won it by 9 in the end tubberman. 1-13 to 1-4. It's some shock alright.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Owenmoresider

Was about to post that result. A bad end for Cross, similiar to how the Mary's team of the 80's here finished, well beaten in a replay.

Kiltimagh won the Intermediate replay too.

joemamas

hardly that much of a shock, charlestown are a handy bunch, their biggest problem over the years that they were too much of a pure footballing side.

now they have a lot of help at midfield, and a target man up front.

Bod Mor

Quote from: joemamas on September 02, 2007, 06:44:39 PM
hardly that much of a shock, charlestown are a handy bunch, their biggest problem over the years that they were too much of a pure footballing side.

now they have a lot of help at midfield, and a target man up front.

Is Tom Parsons back from America yet?
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

OirthearMhaigheo

He is indeed, seemed to dominate the Cross midfield by all accounts. Charlestown will take alot of stopping this year, they'd be pretty strong favourites to make the final now I'd imagine

Mayo4Sam

Very disappointed to see cross bet would have been much more confident playing them, charlestown have the indian sign over us in recent years and i think we'll find it hard to stop it this year
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Greenabovethered

A 9 point defeat to Charlestown was flattering it could and should have been double that. Cross didn't look interested in the second half. 

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Greenabovethered on September 04, 2007, 09:59:40 AM
A 9 point defeat to Charlestown was flattering it could and should have been double that. Cross didn't look interested in the second half. 

yes was at the match and Charlestown should have put us away by half time it wasn't that cross weren't interested its just that Charlestown has the greater hunger and totally dominated midfield particularly Parsons who was brilliant. This cross team has giving us great days out and owes us nothing they have been brilliant and now its up to the younger lads to take the mantle.I wish Charlestown well they are a good footballing team with some excellent players. On a sidenote i think that Corcoran has to be one of the worse referees around.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

StoneWall

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 04, 2007, 10:43:49 AM
On a sidenote i think that Corcoran has to be one of the worse referees around.

I couldn't agree more, I think he is totally overrated and yet he seems to be being groomed for inter county!

If he is ever in charge of a game involving Ballyhaunis and John Prenty happens to be there let's just say the opposing team won't get much!

Davitt Man

i agree as well, he just loves the sound of his own whistle he does, terrible ref always loses his grip on the game

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Davitt Man on September 04, 2007, 02:06:20 PM
i agree as well, he just loves the sound of his own whistle he does, terrible ref always loses his grip on the game

as frustrating as it is for a spectator it must be brutul for a player to have him ref, i can see a player planting him one of these days something i wouldn't condone but i can see happening
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

magpie seanie

I'd like to agree with those who reckon Corcoran is a terrible referee. He is soooooo infuriating. Sadly, he seems to be the type that the Referees Assessors are trying to create.

Davitt Man

In my opinion the 2 most infuriating  refs in mayo at the moment are Corcoran and Daly, both of whom are inter county refs, they are both to picky and love the sound of their own whistle. So obviously the pair of them are getting coaching from Croke Park and we will have to put up with it. But there is nothing worse than a ref who wont let the game flow and blow for every little thing.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 03, 2007, 10:59:42 PM
Very disappointed to see cross bet would have been much more confident playing them, charlestown have the indian sign over us in recent years and i think we'll find it hard to stop it this year

Yes M4S, that's my own reading of it all as well. I don't think we will be good enough to go any further. Perhaps we might do a Limerick though and surprise ourselves by getting to the final.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.