Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)

Started by Mentalman, September 04, 2007, 11:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: Estimator on November 10, 2017, 06:28:14 PM
CORRY EVANS STATEMENT

'On behalf of my wife, I would like to apologise unreservedly for the content and language contained in the Tweet that she issued last night.

'The comments were published in the heat of the moment and are not representative of her views.'

'Heat of the moment' might be when the incident happened or at the final whistle.
She tweeted that at 8:32am the next morning.

Ah that explains it - she was on heat.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

T Fearon

O'Neill will walk away surely after tomorrow night.Shrewd as he is I wouldn't be surprised if he has already done a deal to take the Scotland job.It ticks all the boxes for him,lives there,knows the club scene,enormous potential with Celtic producing a conveyor belt full of home grown talent,and a fanatical support base.

He would work in tandem with Rodgers and Neil Lennon for the mutual benefit of their clubs and the international side too.

MW

It was an appallingly bad penalty call, worse in its way that infamous Henry and Matadona incidents of years gone by in that it's worse for a referee to give something that didn't happen than to miss something that did happen. He guessed, and guessed wrongly. It totally changes the complexion and likely outcome of the tie.

NI were however poor, not getting a shot on target isn't good enough. Switzerland were obviously superior opposition but we let ourselves down a bit in key areas. It's hard to see us getting the win we need in Basel.

laoislad

Quote from: MW on November 11, 2017, 09:29:22 AM
It was an appallingly bad penalty call, worse in its way that infamous Henry and Matadona incidents of years gone by in that it's worse for a referee to give something that didn't happen than to miss something that did happen. He guessed, and guessed wrongly. It totally changes the complexion and likely outcome of the tie.

NI were however poor, not getting a shot on target isn't good enough. Switzerland were obviously superior opposition but we let ourselves down a bit in key areas. It's hard to see us getting the win we need in Basel.
It was a very bad call but I don't think it was worse than the Henry or Maradona incidents. It was the same as giving a penalty for diving. Which would also be giving a penalty for something that didn't happen ie a foul.
The main differences though is Ireland were knocked out that night against France and didn't have a second game to try and right the wrong.
N.Ireland still have an opportunity to qualify so it wasn't as much as a game changer as the Henry handball as Ireland only had what was left of extra time to score again.
N.Ireland have a full 90mins and a few days of preparation.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Main Street

Quote from: hardstation on November 11, 2017, 10:34:56 AM
Quote from: laoislad on November 11, 2017, 09:49:57 AM

It was a very bad call but I don't think it was worse than the Henry or Maradona incidents. It was the same as giving a penalty for diving. Which would also be giving a penalty for something that didn't happen ie a foul.
The main differences though is Ireland were knocked out that night against France and didn't have a second game to try and right the wrong.
N.Ireland still have an opportunity to qualify so it wasn't as much as a game changer as the Henry handball as Ireland only had what was left of extra time to score again.
So, FIFA won't be giving the IFA compensation?

The reaction to Henry's handball was and still is embarrassing for the Irish nation.
And you are the arbitrator of a nation's shame?  :D
Are you for real?  do you really believe that high horse nonsense?
ffs get a grip onto yourself.
The over-reaction of some (FAI?) is one matter.That doesn't represent a nation or even a minority of fans.
Of course that World Cup play off in Paris would only have gone to penalties, but to lose like that was enough to truly sicken any fan, after such a performance.

As it turned out, it was Blatter who embarrassed himself and brought FIFA into disrepute in an unprecedented manner at that WC draw ceremony, so much so that afterwards FIFA paid Eur5m to the FAI as some form of compensation.

NI were poor against the Swiss and were fortunate enough to only be a goal down at the end.
In all probability they are going to be humped in Switzerland.
If they had lost to a bad penalty award after a dominating performance in the 2nd leg  in Switzerland then one might draw a comparison with the Henry handball.
As it stands now, there is little or no comparison.

stew

The Swiss were going to win this tie going away, they should have had a penalty that they did not get, they never gave the six a sniff of a shot on target and they are at home in the rubber match, a 3-0 loss is the best the north can hope for but I wish Evans could get that disgraceful yellow rescinded, he deserves to play given the awful decision that got him that yellow. One last thing, I hope the Swiss stuff the hoors, an awful lot of owc people supporting that bimbo Evans after her rant, showed their true colours.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

MW

Where are you finding all these people supporting her? I haven't met, spoken to or read online a single one. Including fan forums on OWC and ILS.

Calling him a "Romanian gypsy c**t" was of course a terrible, appalling thing to say. He's a c**t who happens to be from Romania.

MW

Quote from: laoislad on November 11, 2017, 09:49:57 AM

Agree that the repercussions and decisiveness of the Henry handball were (immediately at any rate) worse.

I mean specifically from a refereeing point of view, it's worse to invent something that didn't happen than to miss something that did. Missing the ball crossing the line for example isn't as bad for a referee as giving a goal when it hasn't crossed the line.

Diving is a little bit different, in that the "diver" actually simulates a real foul to deliberately deceive the referee. Still doesn't excuse giving it, but the ref in that instance is being taken in by a deliberate deception designed to look like a foul.

stew

Quote from: MW on November 11, 2017, 01:20:49 PM
Where are you finding all these people supporting her? I haven't met, spoken to or read online a single one. Including fan forums on OWC and ILS.

Calling him a "Romanian gypsy c**t" was of course a terrible, appalling thing to say. He's a c**t who happens to be from Romania.

Facebook.

They are not fans from the the supporters clubs but they are fans and a lot of the comments are arrogant and repugnant, the hypocrisy is staggering, the very same people that laughed and mocked the Republic after the Henry incident are screaming about the penalty and the injustice of it all, of course all the while agreeing with that racist bitch Evans, there are hundreds of comments agreeing with this woman from so called supporters!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: stew on November 11, 2017, 02:18:04 PM
Quote from: MW on November 11, 2017, 01:20:49 PM

Facebook.

They are not fans from the the supporters clubs but they are fans and a lot of the comments are arrogant and repugnant, the hypocrisy is staggering, the very same people that laughed and mocked the Republic after the Henry incident are screaming about the penalty and the injustice of it all, of course all the while agreeing with that racist bitch Evans, there are hundreds of comments agreeing with this woman from so called supporters!

For someone who wouldn't watch the ni team if they were playing in his back garden you've done posts on them lately!

Stew you don't like them do why don't you feck off to another thread, big game tonight to concentrate your enthusiasm!

As already said with the French knocked Ireland out Henry was given dogs abuse including racial by, yes you guessed it Irish supporters!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Over the Bar

QuoteCalling him a "Romanian gypsy c**t" was of course a terrible, appalling thing to say. He's a c**t who happens to be from Romania
:-X