Kennedy
Donnelly
Meyler
McKenna
Harte
Canavan
McShane
Mccurry

Don't know about Burns at 6 - but otherwise that's a tasty lineup.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: NotedObserver on December 28, 2020, 05:10:01 PM
Morgan
Brennan
Mcnamee
Hampsey* if fit
Rafferty
Burns
Sludden
Kennedy
Donnelly
Meyler
McKenna
Harte
Canavan
McShane
Mccurry
Would like to see:

Niall Morgan
Conor Quinn Ronan McNammee Paudie Hampsey
Rory Brennan Michael Cassidy/Michael O'Neill Liam Rafferty
Brian Kennedy Richie Donelly
Mattie Donnelly Conor McKenna Darren McCurry
Mark Bradley Cathal McShane Darragh Canavan

Angelo

6 is a major issue for us as you can see. I'd probably play Hampsey there myself.

Obviously midfield is another major cause for concern.

Conor Quinn would have needed to do a lot of filling out to be ready for a starting spot next year.

I'd go for something like:

Morgan

Rafferty
McNamee
Brennan

Cassidy
Hampsey
O'Neill

Kennedy
R Donnelly

M Donnelly
McKenna
McCurry

Harte
McShane
McAliskey
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Moonshine

Quote from: Angelo on December 28, 2020, 09:27:55 PM
6 is a major issue for us as you can see. I'd probably play Hampsey there myself.

Conor Quinn would have needed to do a lot of filling out to be ready for a starting spot next year.

Morgan

Rafferty
McNamee
Brennan

Cassidy
Hampsey
O'Neill

Kennedy
R Donnelly

M Donnelly
McKenna
McCurry

Harte
McShane
McAliskey

Mcaliskey ahead of caravan your having a laugh.

tyroneman

Our forward unit is potentially as good as any out there.

I'd rate Morgan as a top 3 keeper

Defence is ok but will be interesting to see how much More they are left to play man to man or if they are protected in a system again.

Biggest concern is MF. When compared to the top teams we are not at the same level. Maybe with experience that might come, but not at present.

NotedObserver

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on December 28, 2020, 06:25:59 PM
Quote from: NotedObserver on December 28, 2020, 05:10:01 PM
Morgan
Brennan
Mcnamee
Hampsey* if fit
Rafferty
Burns
Sludden
Kennedy
Donnelly
Meyler
McKenna
Harte
Canavan
McShane
Mccurry
Would like to see:

Niall Morgan
Conor Quinn Ronan McNammee Paudie Hampsey
Rory Brennan Michael Cassidy/Michael O'Neill Liam Rafferty
Brian Kennedy Richie Donelly
Mattie Donnelly Conor McKenna Darren McCurry
Mark Bradley Cathal McShane Darragh Canavan

I forgot about Cassidy and would also be happy with Oneill at 6. I'd maybe put burns into midfield - thought he put in a few big shifts last year for Tyrone. I think the attacking half back line needs improved from last year with Mckernan and McCann losing out.

Angelo

Quote from: Moonshine on December 29, 2020, 06:59:46 AM

Morgan

Rafferty
McNamee
Brennan

Cassidy
Hampsey
O'Neill

Kennedy
R Donnelly

M Donnelly
McKenna
McCurry

Harte
McShane
McAliskey

Canavan is a slight 20 year old who has played one Championship match. He's a huge talent but has it all to prove and an awful lot of physical development to make yet. I look forward to seeing how he gets on next year but we have to be careful how we manage him and the expectations.

I think McAliskey has a lot to offer if he comes back fit and hungry. Only McManus scored more overall than McAliskey in the 2018 All Ireland Championship and only Kilkenny scored more from play in the same Championship. It's good we have all these options but it's going to be difficult for Logan and Dooher to balance all these players and their hunger to play. If you look at the Donegal game back in November, you could potentially be adding McAliskey, L Brennan, McShane and Donaghy among others into that forward line so whoever has the jersey is going to have to perform.

inroundthesquare

I see Aidan McCrory has retired from Tyrone. Same report had quotes from Kyle Coney saying he would like to be called up again. Don't think he should be given another chance personally at this point.

Canavan has basically played 2 competitive games (v Mayo and v Donegal) and has scored 2-2 from play, while looking lively winning a fair share of ball, and was also taken off for the last 15 minutes in both games. With expected improvement he would be ahead of the likes of McAliskey.

GaelTheGael

Quote from: Angelo on December 29, 2020, 12:07:50 PM
Quote from: Moonshine on December 29, 2020, 06:59:46 AM

Morgan

Rafferty
McNamee
Brennan

Cassidy
Hampsey
O'Neill

Kennedy
R Donnelly

M Donnelly
McKenna
McCurry

Harte
McShane
McAliskey

Canavan is a slight 20 year old who has played one Championship match. He's a huge talent but has it all to prove and an awful lot of physical development to make yet. I look forward to seeing how he gets on next year but we have to be careful how we manage him and the expectations.

I think McAliskey has a lot to offer if he comes back fit and hungry. Only McManus scored more overall than McAliskey in the 2018 All Ireland Championship and only Kilkenny scored more from play in the same Championship. It's good we have all these options but it's going to be difficult for Logan and Dooher to balance all these players and their hunger to play. If you look at the Donegal game back in November, you could potentially be adding McAliskey, L Brennan, McShane and Donaghy among others into that forward line so whoever has the jersey is going to have to perform.
Can't help feel we are over stocked in the forward positions and cuts have to be made.
Are Dan McNulty, Paul Donaghy, Ronan O'Neill, Daniel Kerr and to an extent Tiarnan Quinn (although an exciting young talent could probably do with more club football) really going to make an impact to get into the reckoning ahead off any of Mattie Donnelly, Peter Harte, Conor McKenna, Cathal McShane, Mark Bradley, Darren McCurry, Conor McAliskey, Darragh Canavan and Lee Brennan?

skeog

Some riches there going to be interesting.Intriguing NL ahead.

Angelo

Quote from: skeog on December 29, 2020, 12:43:51 PM

It's a shame it's a condensed league campaign this year all truth told, would have liked to have seen it in its natural format.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: skeog on December 29, 2020, 12:43:51 PM

If the county season goes ahead first, you might not be seeing McShane.

skeog

Surely Cathal will be back did he have a setback?.

GetOverTheBar

Had to get the ankle rebroken and reset. That was only in August wasn't it? He'll be doing well to be back at it in a week or two.