Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DownFanatic

Down ACFL Division 2

Ballymartin 3-16  Carryduff 1-05

Another dastardly defeat for the upper bourgeoisie!

thewobbler

Down GAA Results Friday 11th May

O'Neills International Sportswear ACFL

Div 1

Loughinisland 1:11 Mayobridge 0:11

Castlewellan 1:11Bryansford 3:6

Rostrevor 0:13 Liatroim 1:6

Atticall 0:7 An Riocht 0:9

Longstone 0:10 Clonduff 0:13

Burren 0:6 Kilcoo 1:13

Div 2

Glasdrumman 0:10 Kilclief 0:10

Shamrocks 1:5 Saval 2:12

Ballyholland 2:8 Downpatrick 3:5

Clan Na Banna 1:14 Warrenpoint 2:5

Annaclone (Mon) Darragh Cross

Ballymartin 3:17 Carryduff 1:5

Div 3

Drumgath 3:6 Bredagh 0:16

Bright (Tues) Ardglass

Dundrum 0:6 Teconnaught 0:9

Tullylish 0:10 Mitchels 0:4

St. Pauls 1:11 Glenn 1:9

Bosco 0:7 Saul 1:8

Div 4

Aughlisnafin 0:5 Aghaderg 2:15

Drumaness 0:16 Ballykinlar 1:2

St. Michaels 2:16 Dromara 0:5

------------------------------------

We messed up against Downpatrick, as we were four points up with a minute and a half to go. They scored their third goal of the night right at the start of injury time. Up to then it was a good performance, with only the concession of a couple of soft goals blotting the copybook.

Square Ball

Quote from: DownFanatic on May 11, 2007, 09:09:39 PM
Down ACFL Division 3

Dundrum 0-07  Teconnaught 0-09

Probably like most games the night it pissed down. We were never ahead at any stage. It was 0-05 all at halftime. They had most of the ball in the 2nd half and were denied three goal chances by our excellent keeper who kept us in it. We never really lookd like winning. It was just one of those nights were it didnt happen for us. Bredagh on Monday will be a very big game.

is that a starred game?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

general

Quote from: passedit on May 11, 2007, 09:24:17 PM
St Pauls 1.11 Glen 1.9.  Glen up 8:4 at half time, dissappeared in the second half. Having your full back kick the ball out (especially when he's only kicking it 30 metres) is suicide. Micky Curran up to his usual standard.

very poor from glenn AGAIN, keeper injured after just 20 mins and glenn without their down minor keeper, no more options left, unlucky! hard to see glen get a win away from home to tullilish on mon nite in the rescheduled fixture

ITOB

Well done Wobbler on getting us all the results.  Excellent work. 

Div 3 Tabel looks like this, I think

Team   Played   Points
Tullylish    6   12
BREDAGH    6   9
Drumgath    7   8
T'conaght    7   8
Glenn    6   8
Bosco    7   6
Saul    7   6
Dundrum    6   6
Ardglass    6   5
Michells    7   4
St Pauls    7   4
Bright    6   2

Pangurban

Well done Wobbler,first class service

Colonel Cool

Carryduff appear to have gone to the dogs. What's going on?
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

bridgegael

l'island 1-11
'bridge 0-11

bridge were playing catch up from early on here, conceded goal in first 20 seconds, couldn ever get it back, it was more or less point for point after that.  played in terrible conditions we always seem to struggle on what is bound to be one of the smallest fields in county. star man was jamie o reilly, he run the bridge defence ragged, def one for the future.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

DownFanatic

Square Ball, As far as I am aware our game v Teconnaught was starred. We were without Paul McComiskey who is with the Down Seniors and Declan Kavanagh who is with the Down Minors.

Square Ball

Quote from: DownFanatic on May 12, 2007, 11:48:53 AM
Square Ball, As far as I am aware our game v Teconnaught was starred. We were without Paul McComiskey who is with the Down Seniors and Declan Kavanagh who is with the Down Minors.

I think this game was originally a starred game prior to it being reschd, could be a good game down there.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

DownHead

Quote from: DownFanatic on May 11, 2007, 09:09:39 PM
Down ACFL Division 3

Dundrum 0-07  Teconnaught 0-09

Probably like most games the night it pissed down. We were never ahead at any stage. It was 0-05 all at halftime. They had most of the ball in the 2nd half and were denied three goal chances by our excellent keeper who kept us in it. We never really lookd like winning. It was just one of those nights were it didnt happen for us. Bredagh on Monday will be a very big game.

Who is the dundrum keeper, was tlkin to someone from warrenpoint and was told that he played 2 years of macrory for st colmans!!

Whitehair

Colum King more than likely, he's 20, ginger haired fella.

DownHead

Quote from: Whitehair on May 12, 2007, 07:48:38 PM
Colum King more than likely, he's 20, ginger haired fella.

Is he any good?

DownHead

Quote from: 5iveTimes on May 13, 2007, 11:00:33 AM
Just reading about Colum King, what ever happened to Callum King from Bryansford, is he still playing football or has he given it up completely?

Callum King i believe left football a lock of years ago to pursue his career in boxing!! just wondering does anyone no much about this keeper king, because i just found out that his father Ned was the captin of the last down u-21 team to win the all-ireland!

ITOB

Beyjasus, if he's anything like Ned he do for me.  Made of teak.