Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost

Some game. Can't believe Klopp took Salah more or less once Lindelof was moved to LB. From 2-2 I think Utd deserved it, seemed to be the better team. Liverpool looked tired.

A classic

AustinPowers

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 17, 2024, 06:10:51 PMUp there with the all time classic cup games. Tbh didn't think that group of United players had it in them what a way to win and cup magic moment for Amad Diallo.

Good finish  to win it , but  I'd  be putting that boy up against the wall after that stupid  sending off.  Leaving the team a man down  to defend the lead with  players struggling with cramp. 

Aaron Boone

Coventry will not lie down in the semi.

Armagh18

Bate in the final again against City? Maybe Chelsea will pull one out of the bag.

Ghost

I think Diallo getting sent off makes it even more memorable

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 17, 2024, 06:46:41 PMBate in the final again against City? Maybe Chelsea will pull one out of the bag.

Probably but at least it extends the season to the end of May should they overcome Coventry city managed by a certain Mark Robins. Season was done and dusted with a defeat today, can't see Chelsea troubling City.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 17, 2024, 06:46:41 PMBate in the final again against City? Maybe Chelsea will pull one out of the bag.

Nothing is written is stone as today proved. Better to take you beating gracefully!

(And I'm a Liverpool fan)

Armagh18

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 17, 2024, 07:55:35 PM

Probably but at least it extends the season to the end of May should they overcome Coventry city managed by a certain Mark Robins. Season was done and dusted with a defeat today, can't see Chelsea troubling City.

You never know, Chelsea are a funny team they could catch them.

8 off Villa and 6 off Spurs with 30 to play for. Unlikely but not totally over yet as those 2 are bang average.

snoopdog

Fantastic win . Didn't see much of it but a great way to win a game.

Bord na Mona man

Sometimes adversity, or desperation brings out the best in a team.
Conceding two deflected goals, a patchwork defence, eventually with Bruno standing in at centre half. Maguire, Antony, Diallo and Maguire the unlikely heroes off the bench.

Liverpool looked electric for a while around when they plundered the two goals, but they were flat for long parts too.

It could be a sliding door moment in the two clubs' fortunes.
When Klopp goes, the underinvestment from Liverpool's tightwad owners will likely be laid bare.
A rebuild is needed anyway with Salah and Van Dijk nearing the exit.
In the 11 years since Ferguson retired and Utd imploded, Liverpool have only plundered a single league title, and when the Klopp fog clears, that shouldn't be viewed as hectic by any standard.

On the other hand, the INEOS regime at Utd have changed course and started to assemble a back office of people with a successful track record in running clubs, unlike the Goldman Sachs banker types which the Glazers had running the show.

Milltown Row2

That was a nice Paddy's day...

Utd have to go and win it now, beating the second best team 4-3 should give them confidence against City in the final, should they win the semi.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on March 17, 2024, 08:39:13 PMSometimes adversity, or desperation brings out the best in a team.
Conceding two deflected goals, a patchwork defence, eventually with Bruno standing in at centre half. Maguire, Antony, Diallo and Maguire the unlikely heroes off the bench.

Liverpool looked electric for a while around when they plundered the two goals, but they were flat for long parts too.

When Klopp goes, the underinvestment from Liverpool's tightwad owners will likely be laid bare.
In the 11 years since Ferguson retired and Utd imploded, Liverpool have only plundered a single league title, and when the Klopp fog clears, that shouldn't be viewed as hectic by any standard.

On the other hand, the INEOS regime at Utd have changed course and started to assemble a back office of people with a successful track record in running clubs, unlike the Goldman Sachs banker types which the Glazers had running the show.

This a bit embarrassing.

Armamike

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on March 17, 2024, 08:39:13 PMSometimes adversity, or desperation brings out the best in a team.

Dear oh.
That's just, like your opinion man.

yellowcard

I'd agree that Liverpool will go into decline after Klopp leaves, he has them punching well above their weight.

However I see no evidence to date that a few lads who were successful in a cycling team can turn Uniteds fortunes around. Certainly it will take a lot more than a cup win to convince me anyway.

jcpen

I'd be very surprised if Liverpool go into decline, structures are already been put into place with Michael Edwards coming back. They are a well run club and not like when Ferguson left Man United whom definitely had them punching above their weight near the end, but it was also evident when he left that Man United had turned into a very badly run club.
I think Liverpool will be fine. Might take a season to re adjust but I can't see a Man United type fall from grace happen after Klopp leaves.
As for yesterday being a sliding doors moment  ;D  that's just ridiculous.
This is one of my 3 usernames.