Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: red hander on January 24, 2018, 08:24:11 PM
Mark E Smith, The Fall

One of THE greats. I get a sense that his value and contribution will only be truely recognised after his passing.

Rest In Peace.

A personal favourite below.

The Mixer

seafoid

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/jan/24/mark-e-smith-lead-singer-with-the-fall-dies-aged-60

BBC Radio 6 Music's Lauren Laverne described him as "one of my biggest heroes". She added: "Had a nightmare interviewing him (of course) but then he put me in a song. So sharp, clever and untouchably cool."
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

red hander

Eminently quotable character. Would be fairly big fan of The Fall (mid-80s stuff especially). Great book called The Fallen written by a superfan who attempted to track down every member of the band to get their take on the great man... well worth a read

T Fearon

Will Mark E have a Middle Requiem Mass?

Harold Disgracey

Thought this was accurate!

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit

longballin

I never heard of him. Don't mean to be disrespectful but lived through 70s music and right up and never did. Must have been more Old Grey Whistle Test than Top of the Pops.

Orchard park

Quote from: longballin on January 20, 2018, 10:24:17 AM
Quote from: seafoid on January 20, 2018, 10:22:34 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on January 20, 2018, 08:16:07 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on January 19, 2018, 04:06:44 PM
Dolores' inquest adjourned until 3 April, while coroner awaits various test results.

It's going to linger on
Do you have to?

is puzzling the moderators allow this disrespect on death thread to continue

MODERATORS ??????

Shamrock Shore

I know very little about him and the only The Fall song I know was 'Hit the North' for some obscure reason.

But any man who who was more contrary than Morrissey after someone has force fed him foie gras is ok in my books.

RIP

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Dire Ear

Everybody Loves Raymond child star Sawyer Sweeten took his own life at his family's Texas home on Thursday, according to the Hollywood Reporter, which cited a family statement. He was just 19.

AZOffaly

That's 3 years ago nearly.

theskull1

Makes you wonder if had a similar existence in Hollywood to Corey Haim?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Dire Ear