Businesses the have acted the cnut during the Coronavirus Outbreak

Started by Franko, March 25, 2020, 11:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ned

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 02, 2020, 11:31:38 AM
Quote from: oakleaflad on April 02, 2020, 10:52:26 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 01, 2020, 09:02:35 PM
I'm spending a fortune on the messages. Is messages just a Derry thing or do the rest of yous use it. It's messages or goods we use, mostly messages and never groceries
Must be a city thing. Groceries or 'the shopping' is what we'd use most. Messages maybe a very odd time.

Are there any shops outside the Big Smoke ;)
Im just going to throw random digs out here at everywhere  ;D

It wasn't until I started playing senior hurling that I realised a lot of people didn't like us Derry cCty boys, it has scared me for life, made me bitter somewhat. I will rank it in order of of much flak we got

Strabane, Donegal, County Derry.
Antrim lads have not caught onto us yet, it is hard to tell with Belfast if they just fight with everyone , so I never took anything personal with them.

I'm originally from the Antrim Glens. We are or used to be (lots of infiltrators now) a rare breed, love you or fight you. No inbetween.
But meeting fellow Irishmen in various situations and places, I found the further west you went the madder they were. Donegal and Sligo lads were just mental at times!

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 02, 2020, 11:49:08 AM
Ah we have caught on rightly after many games with that na magha crowd in our leagues ;)

Yikes I'm scared to ask your club

Hardy

Quote from: oakleaflad on April 02, 2020, 10:52:26 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 01, 2020, 09:02:35 PM
I'm spending a fortune on the messages. Is messages just a Derry thing or do the rest of yous use it. It's messages or goods we use, mostly messages and never groceries
Must be a city thing. Groceries or 'the shopping' is what we'd use most. Messages maybe a very odd time.

'Messages' is countrywide, as far as I can tell. Certainly in Dublin and Cork. I told this here before -

This mode of expression had very serious consequences back in about the 80s when the Irish girlfriend of a Middle-Eastern suspect in a bombing was being interrogated by the English police. When they asked something like, "and why did you go out that evening?", she answered, "to get the messages". Cue hours of interrogation about the content of these messages, the recipient, etc., terrorism charges and an appearance in the Old Bailey. As far as I remember, she was eventually acquitted.

Milltown Row2

Ah we have caught on rightly after many games with that na magha crowd in our leagues ;)
Decent bunch of lads, I've ref'd them just the once unfortunately but will definitely ask for a game up in their backyard!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Will it ever end

Still no confirmation on Furlough - this was a great sound bite but is going to cause a colossal fall out

JoG2

Quote from: Will it ever end on April 02, 2020, 05:08:25 PM
Still no confirmation on Furlough - this was a great sound bite but is going to cause a colossal fall out

that's the 80% salary payment? Spoke to a close relative today (Derry area). Says the payment arrived into the same bank account he pays his rates from this morning. Covered until the end of June I think

PS: had never heard the term furlough before this Corona malarky

Milltown Row2

What about the home rates? Was there to be a freeze on those?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Will it ever end

The furlough payment is made to the employer.

Is it a case your relative received his payment as normal from his employer?

Rates have been deferred by 3 months but will still have to be paid just over a shorter timescale - no holiday period.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Will it ever end on April 02, 2020, 05:58:53 PM
The furlough payment is made to the employer.

Is it a case your relative received his payment as normal from his employer?

Rates have been deferred by 3 months but will still have to be paid just over a shorter timescale - no holiday period.

Ah f**k that!

RedHand88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 02, 2020, 05:53:08 PM

Think Conor Murphy said the Stormont part of your rates bill (don't know what % that is) was being suspended. Council bit still stands I think.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 02, 2020, 06:07:22 PM

Think Conor Murphy said the Stormont part of your rates bill (don't know what % that is) was being suspended. Council bit still stands I think.

With a lot of people losing their jobs, some on 80% of their normal wages and some service you pay rates for not working at full potential you'd think they at the very least take 20% off your bill?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 02, 2020, 01:45:16 PM
Decent bunch of lads, I've ref'd them just the once unfortunately but will definitely ask for a game up in their backyard!

Tá fáilte romhat anytime

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

That's business rates

GJL

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 02, 2020, 06:15:54 PM

With a lot of people losing their jobs, some on 80% of their normal wages and some service you pay rates for not working at full potential you'd think they at the very least take 20% off your bill?

Remember that is capped at a gross of £2500 a month so plenty of people are not getting 80% of their usual monthly salary.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GJL on April 02, 2020, 07:53:58 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 02, 2020, 06:15:54 PM

Remember that is capped at a gross of £2500 a month so plenty of people are not getting 80% of their usual monthly salary.

True and I'm in that bracket, I'm just very lucky I work for a company that's went way and above the basic requirements. Though that will only last till June! God knows how that will pan out