Started by RedHand88, July 31, 2021, 05:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Tyrone by 1-3
Tyrone by 4+
Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

rodney trotter

They are kicking in quicker ball to McCurry..it's only really this year that he has played consistently in the championship.  He use to play well on the soft ground of February and March

redzone

Indeed mccurry is playing brilliant and winning his own ball but the ball was kicked in plenty under harte to mcshane. Plenty of mccurrys scores come from coming of a player as well. No doubt players like mccurry have had a new lease of life and I think that's why everyone was glad to see a change buts it's pretty much the same system. We really struggled in the second half for ideas and it was Peter Donnelly who rushed to make the changes when they were on top in the second half as dooher stood in a trance on the sideline which would be quite concerning

tyrone08

Yes we kicked the ball in a bit under harte but no where near as frequent. McCurry scored 17 points in 2 games would never have happened under mickey. Generally they are alot more postive and looking to move forward. The system isn't in place yet as they only have been in charge for a few games but you can see what they are trying to do.

tyrone08

Quote from: redzone on August 01, 2021, 06:48:22 PM
Indeed mccurry is playing brilliant and winning his own ball but the ball was kicked in plenty under harte to mcshane. Plenty of mccurrys scores come from coming of a player as well. No doubt players like mccurry have had a new lease of life and I think that's why everyone was glad to see a change buts it's pretty much the same system. We really struggled in the second half for ideas and it was Peter Donnelly who rushed to make the changes when they were on top in the second half as dooher stood in a trance on the sideline which would be quite concerning

Bit concerning that but it may be that dooher doesn't want to be seen to be the mad one shouting at the side lines. I have been watching tyrone football for more than I care to admit  but have no idea why but tyrone can never seem to kick on in the 2nd half when they are leading at half time. It somehow doesn't seem to suit them. That and the fact they find goals hard to come by are 2 things that need addressed if they want to challenge in future.

greatpoint

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 31, 2021, 08:14:12 PM
Quote from: greatpoint on July 31, 2021, 07:43:32 PM
Tyrone were being overrated after beating a 14 man Donegal, I think today's performance is a truer reflection on where they are at. They don't have a free taker and their bench is nowhere near as good as has been made out. Monaghan left that behind them today and I can see Kerry comfortably beating Tyrone in the semi-final.
Tyrone had 5 players ruled out due to covid today, and Mcshane, Canavan and Munroe only coming back after longer term injuries. I think when they have everyone available, their squad is one of their strengths

Who were the 5 missing players?

Under Lights

Quote from: greatpoint on August 01, 2021, 07:17:15 PM
Tyrone were being overrated after beating a 14 man Donegal, I think today's performance is a truer reflection on where they are at. They don't have a free taker and their bench is nowhere near as good as has been made out. Monaghan left that behind them today and I can see Kerry comfortably beating Tyrone in the semi-final.
Tyrone had 5 players ruled out due to covid today, and Mcshane, Canavan and Munroe only coming back after longer term injuries. I think when they have everyone available, their squad is one of their strengths

Frank burns
Tiernan mccann
Richie donnelly
Rory brennan
Conor shields

We went to the well and came back with a drink.

greatpoint

Quote from: Under Lights on August 01, 2021, 07:35:22 PM

Frank burns
Tiernan mccann
Richie donnelly
Rory brennan
Conor shields

Which out of those 5 do you think Kerry would be most concerned about?

Under Lights

Fair play to Tyrone who since the Donegal game never got to train together as a full squad.
Mcnamee was only out of isolation on Friday, was a close contact, so looked a big ragged on Saturday.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: greatpoint on August 01, 2021, 07:39:30 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on August 01, 2021, 07:35:22 PM

Frank burns
Tiernan mccann
Richie donnelly
Rory brennan
Conor shields

Which out of those 5 do you think Kerry would be most concerned about?
Well 4 of them are defenders so I doubt kerry would be making special plans for any of them. Regardless, take 5 player sout of any IC squad and it will weaken them to some degree. There is every chance Burns, Brennan and McCann  could all have started against monaghan if available.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

In hiding

Quote from: redzone on August 01, 2021, 06:48:22 PM
So you are saying Doohers demeanour on the line is the same as Mickey Hartes

BennyCake

I noticed Tyrone are talking to RTE again.

The Trap

Wonder will other counties be as honest

BennyCake

Fuzzman

Could be interesting if we sent a lot of Covid suspects for a weeks holiday to kerry 😂

Pity McShane, Canavan and McKenna weren't all in full flow and this could have been a proper gun fight.
Could our free kicks and lack of goals cost us again against one of the big three?

trailer

I can't see Tyrone losing. #TotalFaith