AI minor football championship

Started by GalwayBayBoy, July 16, 2017, 06:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 11, 2018, 05:23:24 PM
Quote from: galwayman on August 11, 2018, 04:57:13 PM
Who picks the man of the match in these games?
Aidan Halloween got it & while he played well the best player on the pitch by a country mile was Galway Number 7 Cathal Sweeney
Yes Cathal Sweeney was the clear stand out player.

Grandson of Mayo legend John Morley.

Syferus

Quote from: Unlaoised on August 13, 2018, 01:14:23 AM
Quote from: Syferus on August 12, 2018, 11:13:41 PM
The only teams to beat Roscommon this year are the AI finalists.

Good point well made

You don't need to tell me what I already know.

Maroon Manc

Finding a free taker and cutting down on the greediness are the 2 biggest aspects Galway need to work on if their to beat Kerry; Kerry are a more physical team than Meath and Galway won't be cutting them open so often as they did to Meath.

An Fhairche Abu

In fairness to Monahan he was excellent from frees prior to the semi-final, hopefully last Saturday was an aberration.

craicwas90

Kerry favourites for this or do Galway have a chance?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: craicwas90 on August 29, 2018, 11:52:36 AM

Galway have a chance but Kerry look a bit more "physically developed" which can make quite a difference at that age. Thought Galway struggled a bit physically with Meath early on but got to grips with them eventually. But they had to make a few substitutions to do so.

Syferus

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 29, 2018, 12:58:38 PM

Galway have a chance but Kerry look a bit more "physically developed" which can make quite a difference at that age. Thought Galway struggled a bit physically with Meath early on but got to grips with them eventually. But they had to make a few substitutions to do so.

Galway were the better of the two and we played both. Leave the poor mouth at the door and beat the hoors.

Blowitupref

Based on the two semi final performances Galway have every chance of winning. Monaghan pushing Kerry all the way wasn't a once off as Cork also pushed them all the way. If Galway happen to be better than Monaghan,Cork then we are in for a very competitive AI final
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

An Fhairche Abu

They have a chance but trying to predict the outcome of minor (especially as it's now an under 17 age grade) matches is a fools errand I think.
Kerry have all the recent pedigree but then again in 2016 I thought Galway were marginally the better team in general play overall but their shooting was woeful, particularly when they owned the ball for the first 15-20 minutes and yet found themselves 2-2 to no score down or something like that.
The big question is how many good Senior players are you going to get out of the team and we won't know that for another 4-6 years. The 1994 Galway minors got beaten by Kerry but 8 of the starters played in and won an All Ireland, we'll hardly see ever see that return again but 2-3 would be great.

seafoid

I remember Donnellan from that match and the Kerry people around us saying what a player he was.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

spuds

Quote from: seafoid on August 29, 2018, 03:28:09 PM
I remember Donnellan from that match and the Kerry people around us saying what a player he was.

Did you need them to say that?
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

GalwayBayBoy

Donal O'Fatharta and his selectors have picked the Galway Minor team to take on Kerry in  Sunday's All-Ireland Minor Final at 1pm

1- Donie Halloran – Cortoon-Shamrocks

2- Ethan Walsh- Cortoon-Shamrocks

3- Seán Black -Clifden

4- Cian Deane –Maigh Cuillin

5- Ryan Monahan -Oughterard

6 -Tony Gill -Corofin

7- Cathal Sweeney –Salthill-Knocknacarra

8 -Paul Kelly-Maigh Cuillin

9 – Conor Raftery –Glenamaddy (Captain)

10- Liam Judge -Caherlistrane

11 -Aidan Halloran-Salthill-Knocknacarra

12- Seán Horkan-St Gabriels

13 -Eoghan Tinney –Salthill-Knocknacarra

14 -Daniel Cox –Maigh Cuillin

15 Matthew Cooley –Corofin

GaillimhIarthair

Best of luck to our young lads tomorrow.  If they can avoid their usual sluggish first half they have every chance in this game.  Should be a decent match.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

GalwayBayBoy

Should be further ahead at the break really. Missed two good goal chances. Hopefully they can kick on.