Eurovision final here we come!!

Started by rrhf, May 08, 2018, 10:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Best song won. Had a bit on Austria for top 5 too and public vote nearly jeopardised that.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: gallsman on May 13, 2018, 12:30:18 AM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on May 13, 2018, 12:12:04 AM
Smile will be on the other side of Eurovision's face tomorrow when they discover every telephone vote cast for Israel reversed the charges

Really? A jews are tight with money joke?
Yes. A bit of light humour. Have you some point to make?
Careful now

ONeill

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 12, 2018, 11:43:21 PM
The voting system is bigger joke than before. Poor song won it but then again most if not all songs were poor tonight.

Top quality songs this year. There were 8 worthy winners.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dougal Maguire

Wouldn't disagree with that, but the song that won it was along the same lines as Dustins effort some years ago.
Careful now

Esmarelda

Italy's anti-war song was no match for the might of the Israeli chicken song.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: ONeill on May 13, 2018, 12:37:31 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 12, 2018, 11:43:21 PM
The voting system is bigger joke than before. Poor song won it but then again most if not all songs were poor tonight.

Top quality songs this year. There were 8 worthy winners.
How much home brew were you knocking back while watching it?

Christmas Lights

Awful.song to win it. Rotten

Thought Ireland's song was the best without being biased.

Eurovision is so unbelievably sh1t tbh

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Christmas Lights on May 13, 2018, 01:08:08 AM
Awful.song to win it. Rotten

Thought Ireland's song was the best without being biased.

Eurovision is so unbelievably sh1t tbh

It was just another sachrine ballad. It is total biased to say it was in any way remarkably better than the best.

The Eurovision so great if you have enough humour to take it in the right spirit. If you can't the question really is why were you watching it to begin with?

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on May 13, 2018, 12:39:28 AM
Wouldn't disagree with that, but the song that won it was along the same lines as Dustins effort some years ago.

+1
No point trying better to send a joke entry seems to work every few years. Feel a bit sorry for the likes of Austria, Germany and Cyprus who made the effort and then some complete mess vomits up some random noises and wins. For the record Dustins tune was quite catchy.

An Watcher

Some of the songs this year were quite good with the German entrant being excellent in my opinion.  The winner though was very poor which says it all about Eurovision really

Esmarelda

I found that the majority of songs sounded exactly like somebody else. Germany = Ed Sheeran for example.

I though the Czech song was relatively original and quirky and would have been my pick. I thought Germany would win it. I thought the UK's was awful altogether. Ireland's was as bland a ballad as you could get. Marty Whelan is beyond unbearable.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Esmarelda on May 13, 2018, 08:47:25 AM
I found that the majority of songs sounded exactly like somebody else. Germany = Ed Sheeran for example.

I though the Czech song was relatively original and quirky and would have been my pick. I thought Germany would win it. I thought the UK's was awful altogether. Ireland's was as bland a ballad as you could get. Marty Whelan is beyond unbearable.

Marty is trying to much to be like Terry Wogan. Also he was totally lost in the scoring system!

Esmarelda

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 13, 2018, 08:51:56 AM
Quote from: Esmarelda on May 13, 2018, 08:47:25 AM

Marty is trying to much to be like Terry Wogan. Also he was totally lost in the scoring system!
Noticed that alright. I think he was looking to the right of each entrant were their totals were rather than to the left where the current scores were shown. He mustn't have been expecting to be on  :P