China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Restrictions work to reduce Covid as all sane posters know.
4th Jan 26 Co's 6,110. 6 Co's 1801.
11th Jan 4,929 and 759
18th Jan 2,121 and 650.
25th Jan 1,372 and 422.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 25, 2021, 06:04:46 PM
Can anyone answer me this.
What is tnhe logic of closing golf courses? Not golf clubs but the course
Why are we accepting this
I'm not quite sure what you mean.
Are golf clubhouses and all that goes with them remaining open while the courses are not.
I cannot see any logic here.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Blowitupref

Quote from: Rossfan on January 25, 2021, 08:11:05 PM
Restrictions work to reduce Covid as all sane posters know.
4th Jan 26 Co's 6,110. 6 Co's 1801.
11th Jan 4,929 and 759
18th Jan 2,121 and 650.
25th Jan 1,372 and 422.

The idea that cases was plateauing at high levels has thankfully proved incorrect.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Cunny Funt

Level 5 restrictions for the ROI extended until March 5th.

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 25, 2021, 07:08:22 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 25, 2021, 06:38:35 PM
Poor mental health is failure to care for someone?

What a stupid comment

Getting locked up more like it
Lack of social interaction: you can still go out doors and interacting happens in many forms
Lack of exercise: no gyms open, I train every day walking, weights, running
Lack of will to live: people have that regardless of Covid, depression was here and will continue, there's a thread on it.
Jobless: these jobs will be available again, no one is making money
No money: no where to spend it
Overweight: that's a personal choice

All these things above happen daily, before Covid.

If someone is feeling mentally unwell due to being in lockdown you can care for them.

The GP interviewed on the news said the people coming to him had no previous mental health problems and a lot were in older age groups. He laid the blame firmly with lockdowns and their associated effects.

Interesting to see you know more about the doctor's patients than the doctor himself. Hope they got a referral to you.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on January 25, 2021, 10:04:59 PM

What a stupid comment

Lack of social interaction: you can still go out doors and interacting happens in many forms
Lack of will to live: people have that regardless of Covid, depression was here and will continue, there's a thread on it.

If someone is feeling mentally unwell due to being in lockdown you can care for them.

The GP interviewed on the news said the people coming to him had no previous mental health problems and a lot were in older age groups. He laid the blame firmly with lockdowns and their associated effects.

Interesting to see you know more about the doctor's patients than the doctor himself. Hope they got a referral to you.

Where have I said lockdown isn't causing more people to feel depressed?

All I'm saying is there are ways out of it and ways to work through it. You're the most negative poster on the board bar none. You'd depress me just reading your depressing posts
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

dublin7

No one wants or enjoys being in lockdown and there's no doubt it's effecting some people's mental health. Unfortunately there is no easy answer, but at least people today are willing to admit they need help and access the relevant support available.

Not so long ago you would be ridiculed for admitting you were struggling to deal with being in lockdown

laoislad

Looking like we are staying in lockdown until at least the 5th of March.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

restorepride

Quote from: dublin7 on January 25, 2021, 10:43:40 PM
No one wants or enjoys being in lockdown and there's no doubt it's effecting some people's mental health. Unfortunately there is no easy answer, but at least people today are willing to admit they need help and access the relevant support available.

Not so long ago you would be ridiculed for admitting you were struggling to deal with being in lockdown
I agree.

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 25, 2021, 10:34:28 PM

What a stupid comment

All I'm saying is there are ways out of it and ways to work through it. You're the most negative poster on the board bar none. You'd depress me just reading your depressing posts

Don't think hiding under the bed is helping people's mental health.

There needs to be a discussion on whether Lockdowns cause more harm than good and that discussion needs to have a comprehensive viewpoint rather than solely focused on stopping Covid spreading.

restorepride

Quote from: Angelo on January 25, 2021, 11:25:26 PM

What a stupid comment

There needs to be a discussion on whether Lockdowns cause more harm than good and that discussion needs to have a comprehensive viewpoint rather than solely focused on stopping Covid spreading.
If you're dead though, your mental health doesn't matter a whole pile, does it?

trueblue1234

Quote from: Angelo on January 25, 2021, 11:25:26 PM

What a stupid comment

Absolutely, but it will also have to take into account the wider impact of Covid running rampant in the community and not just the death toll directly from Covid. And that includes mental health as well.

And just on mental health, this doesn't sound good if the results are correct. Worrying times.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/25/covid-linked-to-risk-of-mental-illness-and-brain-disorder-study-suggests
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Angelo

There has been a thread on here about depression for years, you've had zero interest in it, not one post from you on it, now you're concerned?

Forgive me for thinking you're full of shit and this is just an excuse for you to peddle crap that suits your narrative.

It's a bit like the gym owners and PT's on social media saying they are worried about people's mental health. I don't buy it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

restorepride

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 25, 2021, 11:39:40 PM
Angelo

There has been a thread on here about depression for years, you've had zero interest in it, not one post from you on it, now you're concerned?

Forgive me for thinking you're full of shit and this is just an excuse for you to peddle crap that suits your narrative.

It's a bit like the gym owners and PT's on social media saying they are worried about people's mental health. I don't buy it
A lot of truth you speak.