China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: five points on January 22, 2021, 03:23:45 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on January 22, 2021, 12:39:17 PM
I would be sceptical about saying 'most' people have been responsible.

A slim majority perhaps.

I see and hear people talking about how deadly covid is, yet don't wear a mask in the local shop, or think they can visit as many people indoors as they like, as long as they are family, or who take wee day trips here there and everywhere, because they can.

They may wash thier hands more often, or 'distance' a couple of feet, or maybe stop visiting friends as often, but I would struggle to say they most people are fully 'responsible' in what they do, becasue there is so little comeback if they don't.

As long as all shops don't stop people entering unless they have a mask, for example, many people will still continue not to bother.

Still wondering how a family day trip to a beach, lake or wood spreads Covid?
On its own it doesn't but have you seen some of the crowds gathering at those places.
You could go into work on your own but when other people turn up transmission is more likely to happen.

Milltown Row2

Look, the paths on popular walks are very busy, even more so now. I try to get down to mine either first thing (before 9) or at night as the sun goes down.. any other time it's bunged!

Lots walking around with coffee cups! So these people are heading to shops or takeaway coffee joints, which obviously is important  :(
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: bennydorano on January 22, 2021, 11:39:59 AM
See a small article in today's  UK Times - 'Absence of flu admissions puzzles doctors'. Important bits:
- No UK admissions in first 2 weeks of January
- trend echoed in other parts of world
- in Japan there were 1,000 flu patients in 2nd week of January compared with 800,000 over the same period last year.

WHO stated "This is an extremely puzzling phenomenon. We're in a historic unbelievable situation."

They serious? If they are then they are retards who should be dismissed from their posts immediately. More than likely its stupid journalists being stupid.

It was flagged on here by several people - none of whom are virologists to my knowledge - several months ago that all the measures in place at the moment would largely eradicate this flu season.
i usse an speelchekor

bennydorano

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on January 22, 2021, 08:11:31 PM
See a small article in today's  UK Times - 'Absence of flu admissions puzzles doctors'. Important bits:
- in Japan there were 1,000 flu patients in 2nd week of January compared with 800,000 over the same period last year.

WHO stated "This is an extremely puzzling phenomenon. We're in a historic unbelievable situation."

They serious? If they are then they are retards who should be dismissed from their posts immediately. More than likely its stupid journalists being stupid.

It was flagged on here by several people - none of whom are virologists to my knowledge - several months ago that all the measures in place at the moment would largely eradicate this flu season.

It was a 20 line small article, quoting stuff from an original article in the Wall Street Journal - paywall but the the paragraph gives you the jist

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-19-has-nearly-wiped-out-the-fluhow-do-we-keep-it-from-coming-back-11611230410

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: bennydorano on January 22, 2021, 08:27:33 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on January 22, 2021, 08:11:31 PM

It was a 20 line small article, quoting stuff from an original article in the Wall Street Journal - paywall but the the paragraph gives you the jist

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-19-has-nearly-wiped-out-the-fluhow-do-we-keep-it-from-coming-back-11611230410

Ah, unfortunately not enough around that quote to know the context.

i usse an speelchekor

BennyCake

Quote from: sid waddell on January 22, 2021, 07:51:32 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 22, 2021, 07:07:12 PM
Good improvements on the case load in ROI. Seven day average is 2538 cases per day. Just 12 days ago the average was 6539.

The amount of people currently hospitalised is a similar number to last weekend so hopefully that means we have seen a peak and hospital figures will decrease.

Reported deaths is just 3 off last week with 2 days to go. The damage of having 6k weekly cases is seen there.

Sid Waddell condolences to you and your family on the passing of your dad.
Thanks and thanks to all other posters who did same. It means a lot even if I don't know you personally. I just watched the last 20 minutes of Dublin v Kerry 1977 in his company, though I can't see him as it's a closed coffin. This is the same match I played the highlights of on my phone for him on Tuesday morning. He died pretty much around the moment I was showing him Bernard Brogan's clinching goal. Think I'll hook up the two 1983 semi-finals against Cork to the telly for him later on, I think these were his favourite Dublin matches ever and they're definitely mine, even though I was too young for them.

Please bear in mind that anything I said about this pandemic before now was borne out of wanting to avoid the nightmare I have experienced over the last few weeks and anything I say in future about it will be borne out of wanting others to avoid that same fate.

Sorry for your loss, sid. My condolences.

JoG2

Quote from: bennydorano on January 22, 2021, 06:59:40 PM
Booked a cycling trip to Majorca in October, definitely think it'll  go ahead in a restricted sorta way.

Drove through the mountains of Majorca a few years back. The amount of cyclists about was incredible. I'd love to spend a week cycling around the island. Some spot

Smurfy123

Massive news coming out of Israel

60% reduction in infections amongst 60+ years old 13-21 after the first vaccine dose
Great news and seems doesn't start to kick in until day 13

Premature findings last week didn't take place after day 12

Massive massive news

It really does take time

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 23, 2021, 10:25:17 AM
Massive news coming out of Israel

60% reduction in infections amongst 60+ years old 13-21 after the first vaccine dose
Great news and seems doesn't start to kick in until day 13

Premature findings last week didn't take place after day 12

Massive massive news

It really does take time

you must be on some rollercoaster with your propensity to rush to judgement and jump to conclusions

Angelo

Seems that Rossfan's beloved WHO have one of their main men up on genocide charges.

Now it begins to make sense.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/who-chief-tedros-adhanom-ghebreyesus-may-face-genocide-charges-2fbfz7sff
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

imtommygunn

Why does the bbc say there is a predicted surge in coronavirus cases this weekend? I had thought we were post surge. What would cause this surge?

Smurfy123

Northern Ireland's vaccination numbers have dropped dramatically this past 7 days
We had numbers up to 12000 per day last week this week in around the 5000 per day now down to 3000. A new batch arrived Thursday and another this Thursday
Knew they would fuk this up too

Angelo

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 23, 2021, 04:20:04 PM
Northern Ireland's vaccination numbers have dropped dramatically this past 7 days
We had numbers up to 12000 per day last week this week in around the 5000 per day now down to 3000. A new batch arrived Thursday and another this Thursday
Knew they would fuk this up too

Oxford AZ have cut their intended supplies to the EU by 60% as well so presumably that's the issue.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Smurfy123

Robbie stated we got 80000 on Thursday and the same next Thursday
England only starting to ramp up whilst we go backwards
Was predictable with the clowns running the place

BennyCake

Quote from: Angelo on January 23, 2021, 12:09:11 PM
Seems that Rossfan's beloved WHO have one of their main men up on genocide charges.

Now it begins to make sense.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/who-chief-tedros-adhanom-ghebreyesus-may-face-genocide-charges-2fbfz7sff

Yup, it begs the question: who's in the WHO? Dodgy f**kers, that's who.

I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.