Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Applesisapples

Quote from: thewobbler on October 01, 2018, 02:36:42 PM
Quote from: screenexile on October 01, 2018, 02:23:54 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on October 01, 2018, 01:23:53 PM
SF are between a rock and a hard place with Brexit, to campaign could be deemed getting involved in matters they consider purely British and not for an Irish political party to become involved in. there is also the no small matter of Brexit hastening a UI and upsetting those small n nationalists allude to in Patrick Kielty's fine reposte to Boris. Then we have Teresa May holding a party in 2022 which will divide NI and be seen as a celebration of partition...way to go ToryDUP.

It's economically bad for people North and South of the border . . . how exactly does that put Sinn Fein between a rock and a hard place??!!

Aye, a rock and a hard place.

The rock being that if they continue to sit on their holes and do nothing, they'll still have a majority nationalist vote in the next election.

The hard place being that if they go campaigning, they'll have to spend time, money and effort, and maybe even have to come up with one of them strategy things. Yet the end result will be still the same at the next election.

——

Keep throwing away your vote folks. That's all they want you to do.
Bullshit, even if all NI voters voted remain, the English vote still trumps.

Insane Bolt

The proposed new immigration rules will mean a complete disaster for Health and Social Care sector and the Hospitality sector......jobs the Brits are very reluctant to do.

pbat

Ive a suspicion the DUP have been told  there is going to have to be some form of Irish Sea border in the last 24 hours. Nigel, Sammy, Arlene and Danial O Donnell look alike have all been jumping up and down on twitter and the radio today, they are very cross.  >:( >:( >
Even willing to back Boris.

Maybe Theresa has finally grown a back bone told them this is what is happening and if you dont like it tough, bring me down and see what Jeremy does for the wee north.

Jim_Murphy_74

GFA enshrines the principle of consent being a Northern Ireland only concern. This is a major thing for unionism to have enshrined in law.  Why she would riak saying this is not sacrosanct I cannot believe.
Saying they could work with Boris....???

I think they are trying to threaten May.

/Jim.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: pbat on October 02, 2018, 07:14:38 PM
Ive a suspicion the DUP have been told  there is going to have to be some form of Irish Sea border in the last 24 hours. Nigel, Sammy, Arlene and Danial O Donnell look alike have all been jumping up and down on twitter and the radio today, they are very cross.  >:( >:( >

Maybe Theresa has finally grown a back bone told them this is what is happening and if you dont like it tough, bring me down and see what Jeremy does for the wee north.
I think you're on to something there. If May gets the Tory Conference over without too much blood letting I think she'll throw the DUP under the bus
Careful now

GJL

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on October 02, 2018, 08:15:12 PM

I think you're on to something there. If May gets the Tory Conference over without too much blood letting I think she'll throw the DUP under the bus

Here's hoping. 🤞

red hander

It begs the question why the DUP seems surprised by this. The Tories were ALWAYS going to throw the stupid feckers under the bus. They're not, nor ever have been, in as strong a position as they boasted about. Not only have they received just buttons of the £1bn bribe, the consequences of pulling the plug on May will in all likelihood mean Corbyn in No.10, and he will enjoy completely shafting them

weareros

Chuck Chequers as good as saying Chucky ár lá

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: weareros on October 02, 2018, 08:40:31 PM

Chequers goes pop!

trileacman

Quote from: red hander on October 02, 2018, 08:34:37 PM

It begs the question why the DUP seems surprised by this. The Tories were ALWAYS going to throw the stupid feckers under the bus. They're not, nor ever have been, in as strong a position as they boasted about. Not only have they received just buttons of the £1bn bribe, the consequences of pulling the plug on May will in all likelihood mean Corbyn in No.10, and he will enjoy completely shafting them.

They're idiots in the limelight, of course they believed the Tories have finally welcomed them back into the fold.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

heganboy

Arlene vs Leo (and his 26mates) wonder what way that'll go.

On what basis does she think she can renegotiate the GFA?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

seafoid

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on October 02, 2018, 09:02:18 PM
Quote from: weareros on October 02, 2018, 08:40:31 PM

Chequers goes pop!
Very good

The Tories have to make some decisions for a change
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Keyser soze

Quote from: seafoid on October 02, 2018, 08:12:04 PM
The DUP threatens to pull the plug

https://youtu.be/Z_JOGmXpe5I

There's even a Lambeg drum in there for good measure.