Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tc_manchester

I just don't understand why the management team want to play the game in Newbridge
1. They haven't won there for a year
2. I was at the Kildare Mayo league match and it was pretty full. If Mayo use their full complement of season tickets then there is no point even looking for a ticket because they'll be like Hen's teeth
3. Kildare's only chance of winning this game is by running the legs off an ageing Mayo team but instead they want to play it in a smaller pitch than Croke. I would have said Yes to croke park but we want to play the game at 3 in the heat of the day. An evening match will suit Mayo even more.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on June 26, 2018, 04:14:16 PM
Anyway, enough of this sideshow and back to the game.
Who will Mayo play at midfield?

A combination of Diarmuid , Aidan and Keegan or Coen with Barry Moran, Kirby and Vaughan to provide cover for them. I would personally like to see Diarmuid and Aidan there with Keegan in the half back line and Cillian on the forty.

Syferus

Quote from: Crete Boom on June 26, 2018, 04:37:46 PM

A combination of Diarmuid , Aidan and Keegan or Coen with Barry Moran, Kirby and Vaughan to provide cover for them. I would personally like to see Diarmuid and Aidan there with Keegan in the half back line and Cillian on the forty.

Coen is very pedestrian. I think asking AOS to have the work-rate the roles his brother and Parsons had is asking for trouble too.

tc_manchester

Quote from: the_daddy on June 26, 2018, 04:36:46 PM
Quote from: tc_manchester on June 26, 2018, 04:30:00 PM
I just don't understand why the management team want to play the game in Newbridge
2. I was at the Kildare Mayo league match and it was pretty full. If Mayo use their full complement of season tickets then there is no point even looking for a ticket because they'll be like Hen's teeth
3. Kildare's only chance of winning this game is by running the legs off an ageing Mayo team but instead they want to play it in a smaller pitch than Croke. I would have said Yes to croke park but we want to play the game at 3 in the heat of the day. An evening match will suit Mayo even more.

Really? He was a goner after the Carlow result but now O'Neill can't get the road if he goes down in a blaze of glory or fighting the good fight.

In that case it's just a benefit to himself and not his team but I suppose most manager's are like that

Crete Boom

Quote from: Syferus on June 26, 2018, 04:41:01 PM

Coen is very pedestrian. I think asking AOS to have the work-rate the roles his brother and Parsons had is asking for trouble too.

Coen is best a center back if he is to start at all, I think Rochford will have D. O'Connor plus one of Keegan or Vaughan to try and cover the work of Parsons and Seami along with Aidan in there.

GalwayBayBoy

Conversely you could argue that 90% of Mayo's good performances over the past 5 years have come at Croke Park. It's everywhere else where they have looked vulnerable. Even at home in Castlebar.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Crete Boom on June 26, 2018, 04:45:25 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 26, 2018, 04:41:01 PM

Coen is best a center back if he is to start at all, I think Rochford will have D. O'Connor plus one of Keegan or Vaughan to try and cover the work of Parsons and Seami along with Aidan in there.

It's just my opinion, but I just don't think Coen is good enough at this level. I think that solution could actually work very well if it comes off.
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

seafoid

Sometimes a thing like this can change the direction of a team.
It happened with Offaly hurlers in 1998. Mr B Keating told them they were useless. They won the all Ireland

And in 2010 Mr B Keating launched an attack on the Tipp hurlers

"Former manager Michael 'Babs' Keating has written off Tipperary's All-Ireland prospects° for this season and launched another blistering attack on the current players, many of whom he managed prior to Liam Sheedy's appointment.
"If Tipp are to come through, they could have to meet Waterford, Galway and Kilkenny along the way," said Keating yesterday. "I don't think the players that have failed Tipperary over the last number of years will relish meeting them all and beating them all. Having to face a couple of them will make life very tough for Tipperary. "Denis Walsh has a history of winning All-Irelands – he has that advantage over Liam Sheedy."

Tipp won the All Ireland

Kildare probably don't have that quality and Mr B Keating is not involved but "f**k You" can be worth 5 or 6 points

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: the_daddy on June 26, 2018, 04:41:21 PM
Quote from: longballin on June 26, 2018, 04:10:13 PM
This is Corporate GAA/SKY V genuine Gaels. For all our sakes I hope Kildare don't capitulate.

Wow, disciples of Brolly throwing around terms like "genuine gaels" like they have a monopoly on it. What's the criteria for it?
Be prepared to question the 'group think' that is growing among the decision makers in the association

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 26, 2018, 04:47:37 PM

Conversely you could argue that 90% of Mayo's good performances over the past 5 years have come at Croke Park. It's everywhere else where they have looked vulnerable. Even at home in Castlebar.

Especially at home, terrible record there. I'd genuinely have our home game played in croker
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

tippabu

Quote from: seafoid on June 26, 2018, 04:48:35 PM

It happened with Offaly hurlers in 1998. Mr B Keating told them they were useless. They won the all Ireland

"Former manager Michael 'Babs' Keating has written off Tipperary's All-Ireland prospects° for this season and launched another blistering attack on the current players, many of whom he managed prior to Liam Sheedy's appointment.
"If Tipp are to come through, they could have to meet Waterford, Galway and Kilkenny along the way," said Keating yesterday. "I don't think the players that have failed Tipperary over the last number of years will relish meeting them all and beating them all. Having to face a couple of them will make life very tough for Tipperary. "Denis Walsh has a history of winning All-Irelands – he has that advantage over Liam Sheedy."

Tipp won the All Ireland

Kildare probably don't have that quality and Mr B Keating is not involved but "f**k You" can be worth 5 or 6 points

i dont think anyone in the country pays any attention to the ramblings of babs

tc_manchester

Maybe they only play well in Leinster. I saw them in Newbridge this year and they played well but then i was in  Castlebar against Tyrone and they were abysmal.

manfromdelmonte

Bingo
They are very comfortable in croker

LooseCannon

Quote from: seafoid on June 26, 2018, 04:48:35 PM

Tipp won the All Ireland

Babs was and still is a complete bollox, isn't he?

Rossfan

Who are the "genuine gaels"?
Are they people who don't subscribe to Sky sports?
Or do you have to have a surname descended from the Gael?

If this goes to appeals etc etc it will fck up Round 4 for 2 teams and also the last 8 fixtures.
It's like a throwback to the 1920s or was it 1910 Kerry lost an AI because they refused to travel as the Railway Co. put up prices.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM