Ros v Shligo 12th June 2016.

Started by Rossfan, May 24, 2016, 08:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Sligoman2015 on June 04, 2016, 03:25:54 PM
Quote from: Itchy on June 04, 2016, 01:53:27 PM
I hear Carew wouldn't let any seniors play for their clubs for 5 weeks before the match, which is against a Croke park law. But seeing as he is a McGeeney Disciple I'm sure he will get away with it. As for the game, I expect an easy Roscommon victory.

No that's not right, we've a clubman on the panel who played with our club last week in the senior league.

I think the kids these days call that being 'rekt', Itchy.

Itchy

Quote from: Sligoman2015 on June 04, 2016, 03:25:54 PM
Quote from: Itchy on June 04, 2016, 01:53:27 PM
I hear Carew wouldn't let any seniors play for their clubs for 5 weeks before the match, which is against a Croke park law. But seeing as he is a McGeeney Disciple I'm sure he will get away with it. As for the game, I expect an easy Roscommon victory.

No that's not right, we've a clubman on the panel who played with our club last week in the senior league.

I've a mate on panel who told me they were forbidden to play last weekend and were on a training camp instead! Somebody is wrong obviously.

giveballaghback

Looking like we will have most of our injured players available to play some part next Sunday, a few still to return but we will have no excuse if we dont do the business next Sunday, I expect a comfortable win with a bit to spare, anything less and we are going nowhere, will be important to get some game time into our returning players.
Ros by 7 is my forecast.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: giveballaghback on June 06, 2016, 12:40:08 PM
Looking like we will have most of our injured players available to play some part next Sunday, a few still to return but we will have no excuse if we dont do the business next Sunday, I expect a comfortable win with a bit to spare, anything less and we are going nowhere, will be important to get some game time into our returning players.
Ros by 7 is my forecast.
Little over a month ago Roscommon only beat New York by one point.  You might be expecting too much for a 11 point swing in this fixture in just 1 year. If you are right it will probably say more about where Sligo are right now than Roscommon.

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 06, 2016, 02:36:17 PM
Ros by 7 is my forecast.
Little over a month ago Roscommon only beat New York by one point.  You might be expecting too much for a 11 point swing in this fixture in just 1 year. If you are right it will probably say more about where Sligo are right now than Roscommon.

All I'll say is Sligo are a limited side. They were flattered by our ineptitude last year.

sligoman2

Let's hope ye flatter us again on Sunday.

I think Roscommon are a limited side as well to be honest as are most sides.

Don't know what to expect from our lads an no one from Sligo seems to be posting much on the game so I'm in the dark.  I do know that we will have to win some possession at midfield which has been our Achillies heel for many years, we have some tasty forwards if we can get the ball into them quickly and accurately.

I see Roscommon are 5 point favourites but I don't think I would gamble on this one as anything could happen....
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Itchy

Quote from: Syferus on June 06, 2016, 02:39:24 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 06, 2016, 02:36:17 PM
Ros by 7 is my forecast.

All I'll say is Sligo are a limited side. They were flattered by our ineptitude last year.

Sligos limited team is only matched by Roscommons incredible arrogance. Ros should win with a bit to spare but then I read some of you boys and I remember how easily your players start believing the hype and nonsense coming from their supporters. At least Sligo don't have to deal with thad

Rossfan

How many Ros players do you know?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

Quote from: Rossfan on June 06, 2016, 03:51:06 PM
How many Ros players do you know?

Don't have know any, it oozes from them. This year against New York and last year against Sligo are two recent examples.

Rossfan

Another lùlà confusing his daft opinion with facts.
Hope this thundery weather doesn't last the week or we'll be for Pàirc Sheàin again :-\

sligoman2

Rossfan - here are the facts

a) Ye thought ye would hammer Sligo last year and ye got well beaten
b) Ye thought playing NY would be a joke and ye almost got beaten
c) Ye thought ye were better than ye actually were earlier this year because of superior fitness to other teams - but got a serious reality check in the later rounds of the league and the playoffs

So ye definitely do tend to think that ye are better than ye might actually be - It might not be a bad thing ............ but it definitely exists.

Rossfan

I'm not sure who the "ye" are.
Bandwagon hoppers maybe go on like that but most real people knew different in 2016.
I'll give you (a) alright but our management and players fecked up rightly that night.
Hope next Sunday will get that awful night out of our system and send ye bucks back across the Corr Shliabh sadder and wiser ;D

Syferus

Quote from: sligoman2 on June 06, 2016, 09:21:22 PM
Rossfan - here are the facts

a) Ye thought ye would hammer Sligo last year and ye got well beaten
b) Ye thought playing NY would be a joke and ye almost got beaten
c) Ye thought ye were better than ye actually were earlier this year because of superior fitness to other teams - but got a serious reality check in the later rounds of the league and the playoffs

So ye definitely do tend to think that ye are better than ye might actually be - It might not be a bad thing ............ but it definitely exists.

Good luck with the fishing.

sligoman2

The fish are jumping but not biting yet.....

I might have to find a bigger worm...

Rudi

1989 was the last time we beat Sligo in the Hyde, in championship football. In between a couple of draws and a defeat. These fixtures tend to be close affairs with the exception of that 1989 game where we hammered them. We are a mentally weak team and would fear for us if the game is any way close. Can't see us slipping up in consecutive years against Sligo, however I thought they played some mighty good ball against us last year and in truth should have beaten us by a lot more than they did.