The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nifan

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 08, 2011, 08:27:57 AM
Commolli didn't even wear a mask when conducting that deal. Eggnog for £7m. Not a bad profit on a bit part player.

Aye, but then Henderson for £20m?

EC Unique

nifan

quit yo jibbajabba

read on the offical website last week that kenny had rated n'gog in the 8mill bracket....had a wee giggle at that mysef ;D

i suppose we may make do with the 7 tho :P

(helps offset the overpricing yet again of young english talent in henderson)

Bingo

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: EC Unique on June 08, 2011, 09:29:55 AM
Henderson... A Utd reject :D

yeah like those other united rejects like shawcross & pique  ::)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

118cmal

So lads, where do you think Henderson would fit in next season?

I wouldn't have thought that a central midfielder would have been Kenny's priority with Lucas, Meireiles and Gerrard already there.  Didn't Spearing also get a new contract?

Do you think he's going to change the system to a 4-3-3 like most of the big boys, with Suarez, Kuyt and Carroll up front?

Up The Middle

I have no idea where he will play them, but its certainly exciting times to be a Liverpool supporter.

I had got to my wits end over Christmas last year when i went to see the Wolves game at Anfield, the atmosphere was horrible and the game was worse. We are finally now moving in the right direction with Kenny at the helm, we are playing more attractive football and buying promising young talent. Cant wait for next season, not saying we will win the league but we will def be pushing for Champions league places.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

quit yo jibbajabba

football365 website goin into overdrive about pool buyin a player they didnt really need.....yet in a few months time all and sundry will be slaggin the strength of the squad yet again;

there are more pressing needs obviously, but i would only be concerned if there was indications this would be our only signing of the sumer...would be majorly surprised if this was the case;

pool may opt for a 4 2 3 1 here and there, ste g and lucas being the 2 henderson/meireles being the middle point of the 3; henderson can also play wide (so they say); this isnt including spearing/shelvey whom dalglish obv rates;

so all in all; the signing has to give us more options, more strenght in depth, with several more to come!

Bingo

I'd say that the formation that quit ya hggllgbbb has above is what Kenny sees as the way forward and served him well in the last quarter of the season.

Henderson should be able to fit into a couple of positions and thats the way the game has gone, its all about flexible and having players that can fit in and out of a system rather than having a rigid player who if is missing and can't be replaced really knocks a team off its stride.

Its a positive signing and can only strengten a squad, he well rated but obviously still has alot prove.

7m, if that for, for Ngog is great business! Even 5m would have been great.

supersarsfields

N'gog wll bang them in next season.

I'm hoping this purchase will stop the hunt for Charlie Adam now? Hardly need the two of them.

Bingo

Quote from: supersarsfields on June 08, 2011, 10:33:23 AM
N'gog wll bang them in next season.

I'm hoping this purchase will stop the hunt for Charlie Adam now? Hardly need the two of them.

I would have thought so but if KD wants rid of Poulsen and Cole and talk that Shelvey may be loaned out to get a full playing season under his belt, then another midfielder may be taken in and adam at a decent price may fit that bill.

I'd be more happy to see a few wide men come in eg Mata, Downing, young seems to be heading for the mancs.

Talk that Phil Jones is next on radar and moves are afoot to tie that up.

blewuporstuffed

skybet have suspended betting on phil jones joining liverpool.

think that would be a great signing if they can get him
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Bingo

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 08, 2011, 11:37:49 AM
skybet have suspended betting on phil jones joining liverpool.

think that would be a great signing if they can get him

I think that was cause some journalist said on twitter he was to have a medical at LFC today based on fact he wasn't going to travelling with rest of England U21 squad today. The same journalist and others have now changed tack and said he is travelling with the squad today while Henderson isn't.

Them markets are very sensitive to any betting patterns at all.