The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 01, 2018, 11:33:08 PM
What's shit? The QC asking that question?

If what you posted is a direct quote from the QC, you might want to use the quote function tbf, otherwise it's generally taken as a normal post. If it's a normal post then there's only one dick in this conversation

Edit: just saw your post, you'd want to be a bit clearer on your clarification

caprea

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 01, 2018, 11:38:11 PM
Quote from: caprea on February 01, 2018, 11:36:24 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 01, 2018, 10:43:31 PM
Why wait 2 days before going to police and then forget someone (a woman) came into the room when it was all happening? She'd have been the first person you'd have in your prosecution team, her evidence and those others at the house should nail them

Never mind the QC, the QC is doing a job, a fairly scummy job but it's the life he chose.

This is what you posted. This was your opinion. You think that's decent?

I clarified my post, that's what came from the news, from what the QC said, hopefully you won't need a scummy QC in the future!

To me you're lying. I don't how you expected anyone to read that post and think you were quoting the QC. It read as your own opinion.

Orchard park

Quote from: Syferus on February 01, 2018, 10:53:13 PM
Why wait 2 days before going to police and then forget someone (a woman) came into the room when it was all happening? She'd have been the first person you'd have in your prosecution team, her evidence and those others at the house should nail them

Because she was fûcking raped by two people and every statistic tells you many more cases go unreported because this process is nearly as traumatic as the event itself. Her own texts explain clearly why he was reluctant to go to the cops. It's also a scientific fact that a rape victim is a terrible witness and commonly forgets names and faces and details. It's a seriously traumatic incident and to suggest you'd have a clear-eyed recollection of it is literally insane logic.

Please have the good sense not to dress up your own lack of knowledge about what a rape victim goes through as discrepancies in her story. Are you sure you read the full story you were linked to?

With you on that Syferus

Christmas Lights

What an abomination of a thread this is.

east down gael

There's two versions of what happened that night.one is consensual sex between three people,the other is the rape of a young woman by two men. I personally don't know what happened that night,so I won't make a judgement until all the facts are presented. What I don't understand is how those, such as syferus, are so sure they are guilty? The text messages mean nothing, indicate no guilt whatsoever.
   I hope they serve real time if they are guilty. But what happens if they are found not guilty? You'll have people condemning them as rapists who got away with it. Does that mean if you get accused of rape you're automatically a rapist?let the courts do their job for Christ sake.

caprea

Quote from: Christmas Lights on February 01, 2018, 11:44:09 PM
What an abomination of a thread this is.

I've open a new thread for it. Probably best.

Stall the Bailer

Probably best you put allegedly in front of those acquisitions. There is a trial for a reason, to determine if they are guilty or not.   
Quote from: Orchard park on February 01, 2018, 11:43:41 PM
Quote from: Syferus on February 01, 2018, 10:53:13 PM

Because she was fûcking raped by two people and every statistic tells you many more cases go unreported because this process is nearly as traumatic as the event itself. Her own texts explain clearly why he was reluctant to go to the cops. It's also a scientific fact that a rape victim is a terrible witness and commonly forgets names and faces and details. It's a seriously traumatic incident and to suggest you'd have a clear-eyed recollection of it is literally insane logic.

Please have the good sense not to dress up your own lack of knowledge about what a rape victim goes through as discrepancies in her story. Are you sure you read the full story you were linked to?

With you on that Syferus

tyssam5

Never mind the QC, the QC is doing a job, a fairly scummy job but it's the life he chose.

I clarified my post, that's what came from the news, from what the QC said, hopefully you won't need a scummy QC in the future!

I read that as your own opinion as well. There were no quote marks or any reference to a QC in the post.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tyssam5 on February 02, 2018, 12:39:26 AM

I read that as your own opinion as well. There were no quote marks or any reference to a QC in the post.

Where would I have taken that information from then?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

oakleaflad

Quote from: screenexile on February 01, 2018, 03:05:13 PM
France starting a 19 year old out half against the Irish?? Wow!!!
Wow, I'm no rugby expert but what does that mean for us? Send Henshaw and Aki at their 10 at every opportunity?

magpie seanie

They've a lot of injuries in the front row I understand also. If we're focussed and do our job we've a great chance in this one.

GetOverTheBar

Right moving on from the previous.

Scotland +2
Ireland win

Decent bet this weekend? 20 pays 58.80

Dinny Breen

Quote from: oakleaflad on February 02, 2018, 09:34:48 AM
Wow, I'm no rugby expert but what does that mean for us? Send Henshaw and Aki at their 10 at every opportunity?

It means Ireland will play territory and force their 10 to make decisions, the looser the game the less decisions which would suit him.

Ireland won't go down the 10 channel from 1st phase, France will have a plan for that, they will want to expose his inexperience on 4 or 5 phases and have Stander running at him.

Very confident about this game, never a good sign.
#newbridgeornowhere

magpie seanie

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 02, 2018, 10:25:08 AM

It means Ireland will play territory and force their 10 to make decisions, the looser the game the less decisions which would suit him.

Ireland won't go down the 10 channel from 1st phase, France will have a plan for that, they will want to expose his inexperience on 4 or 5 phases and have Stander running at him.

And so say all of us!!!!

We need to get over this thing though. We've a top 4 side in the world. Need to lose this plucky underdog shite.

screenexile

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 02, 2018, 10:35:39 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 02, 2018, 10:25:08 AM

And so say all of us!!!!

We need to get over this thing though. We've a top 4 side in the world. Need to lose this plucky underdog shite.

In fairness I think that's more of a supporter thing I don't think the team see themselves as underdogs in that changing room!