The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on June 04, 2020, 06:31:21 PM
White House bricks story, um, constructed..

https://theintercept.com/2020/06/04/white-house-forced-retract-claim-viral-videos-prove-antifa-plotting-violence/
Has the Trump candidacy/regime or anybody conncted to it even once, in five years, seriously acknowedged that far right groups or ideology are a serious threat?

Because I cannot remember one such instance.

I wonder why that is.

Jell 0 Biafra

Bad idea to alienate your base.

J70

Quote from: whitey on June 04, 2020, 05:33:46 PM
So J70-they have 3 articles relating to the police on the main webpage (2/3 have an unfavorable undertone IMHO), but not a word  about the 3 guys who got injured last night or the Attorneys who made bail for petrol bombing a cruiser and inciting others to do likewise.

You will probably disagree, but to me, they are blatantly trying to drive an anti police narrative here

Do you not think that the 2 stories which make the rioters/looters look bad should be given equal prominence?

Of course you think they are trying to drive an anti-police narrative. You go purposely looking to get your fix of "the NY Times are biased liberal scum" and you see everything through that lens. Would 1/3 articles having an unfavourable tone be more to your liking?

Cops getting minor injuries on the job in NYC is a daily occurrence, hazard of the job, and usually wouldn't even feature at the top of the NY section. In this case it did because it was a rioter who grabbed their gun and thus was newsworthy.

Right now, two of the four lead headlines are about the cops, one in which DeBlasio and Cuomo defend them, one in which DeBlasio is blasted for their tactics.

And the lawyers have received plenty of coverage in the news here. If you feel they and their "connection" to the Obama administration should be THE headline news, you should probably stick to your right wing sources.

Rossfan

Quote from: sid waddell on June 04, 2020, 06:45:21 PM

https://theintercept.com/2020/06/04/white-house-forced-retract-claim-viral-videos-prove-antifa-plotting-violence/
Has the Trump candidacy/regime or anybody conncted to it even once, in five years, seriously acknowedged that far right groups or ideology are a serious threat?

I wonder why that is.
He said that the armed terrorist scum who invaded some State Parliament (Michigan?) were "good people" ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

dec

Quote from: dec on June 04, 2020, 06:02:46 PM
Quote from: whitey on June 04, 2020, 05:33:46 PM
So J70-they have 3 articles relating to the police on the main webpage (2/3 have an unfavorable undertone IMHO), but not a word  about the 3 guys who got injured last night or the Attorneys who made bail for petrol bombing a cruiser and inciting others to do likewise.

You will probably disagree, but to me, they are blatantly trying to drive an anti police narrative here

Do you not think that the 2 stories which make the rioters/looters look bad should be given equal prominence?

If a judge allows bail I don't see why posting bail is a problem

Bail was opposed by the prosecutors
-- That's OK, prosecutors are allowed to oppose bail
These 2  were Ivy League educated attorneys who if they have an active law license have a code of ethics to abide by
-- Does this code of ethics say that they are never allowed to post bail?
Firebombed a cop car and were distributing petrol bombs to others
-- Which are very serious charges
Extremely serious charges
-- OK, I'll give you extremely serious charges

And the judge took all that into account and set bail, which means that if someone posts bail the defendants are allowed to leave custody until the next hearing or trail.

whitey

Im not 100 % certain but an attorney admitted to the bar would be regarded as an officer of the court and would be expected to display a higher standard of behaviour than a regular civilian

dec

Quote from: whitey on June 04, 2020, 08:05:31 PM
Im not 100 % certain but an attorney admitted to the bar would be regarded as an officer of the court and would be expected to display a higher standard of behaviour than a regular civilian

Agreed, I assume that when they posted bail they did so in accordance with the law.

J70

And I would expect both will face repercussions career-wise... after they get out of prison.

dec

Apologies, I read your first post quickly, I though you were complaining about attorneys posting bail for the petrol bombers, rather than actually being the petrol bombers.

dec

Gmac

Quote from: Rossfan on June 04, 2020, 07:08:19 PM

I wonder why that is.
He said that the armed terrorist scum who invaded some State Parliament (Michigan?) were "good people" ::)
open carry state which means you can carry a weapon in public once legally purchased  it is visible and you ain't pointing it at anyone . I bet not one felony arrest in the bunch .

J70

Quote from: Gmac on June 04, 2020, 08:33:27 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 04, 2020, 07:08:19 PM

I wonder why that is.
open carry state which means you can carry a weapon in public once legally purchased  it is visible and you ain't pointing it at anyone . I bet not one felony arrest in the bunch .

Sometimes the law is an ass.

Looks at this f**king gobshite ordering lunch in NC.

ardtole

That is nothing short of mental.

RadioGAAGAA

Just in case the police come along with an armoured car.

What on earth is the justification for anyone having that?!?

The same lot are nowhere to be seen right when the scenario envisaged by the founding fathers that resulted in the 2nd amendment is here. A government oppressing its people.

At which point you wonder, whats the point of the 2nd amendment?
i usse an speelchekor

tyssam5

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 03, 2020, 06:14:57 PM
Quote from: tyssam5 on June 03, 2020, 04:41:25 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 03, 2020, 10:48:57 AM
Just watched a video of looters in a what looked like a Nike store, dirty scumbags

Why are you concerned about people lifting a few pairs of shoes that cost $5 to get made in China? I'd rather it didn't happen but not high on my list of priorities compared to police killing people.

So are you not concerned or agreeing with looters?

And what have looters got to do with peaceful protesters? I seen loads of white people heading into the shop multiple times, scumbags.

If you see the differentiation fair enough, I might have picked you up wrong. For too many the looting is used as a brush to tar all protesters.

Stop police murdering people and then have a president who isn't encouraging police brutality as a response to police murder, once we get that sorted if there is still looting we can address it.