NFL Division 2 - 2020

Started by Captain Obvious, January 10, 2020, 05:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Quote from: Itchy on January 25, 2020, 10:35:51 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on January 25, 2020, 10:30:35 PM
Quote from: Itchy on January 25, 2020, 10:22:28 PM
I doubt mcgeeneys target is to just stay in div2? With the forwards ye have I'd expect ye to be getting promoted. If cavan hadn't lost the key players they did I expect us to be getting promoted too. However that's not the case and we will badly need to improve next day out.

I'd like promotion but first of all getting safe and ensuring division 2 status next year. Must be galling to lose so many players in one go. On the bright side, you can surely only get better than that performance tonight

With cavan it's a step back to go forward. Lack of discipline and party culture was rampant. Mickey raised the bar for training and some lads didnt want to know so we have what we have. I couldn't go tonight but I believe we were awful, it will be tough on new lads but they'll have to learn fast. Only 3 home games also a tough one too.

You were poor and we were good. I expected a win to be honest given all the departures but not that win.
Heard someone saying you trained for 28 days in a row before Christmas and players walked over the head of that. I doubt it was that extreme tho

illdecide

If i'm being honest here i thought Armagh were decent but not great so what does that say about Cavan...I can't believe how bad they were and to lose the quality of players Cavan have i suppose backs up their display.
Armagh got of to a great start in the league and nothing else, there a some tough games ahead so 2 more wins will keep us in the Division
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

yellowcard

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 25, 2020, 10:46:30 PM
I doubt mcgeeneys target is to just stay in div2? With the forwards ye have I'd expect ye to be getting promoted. If cavan hadn't lost the key players they did I expect us to be getting promoted too. However that's not the case and we will badly need to improve next day out.

I'd like promotion but first of all getting safe and ensuring division 2 status next year. Must be galling to lose so many players in one go. On the bright side, you can surely only get better than that performance tonight

With cavan it's a step back to go forward. Lack of discipline and party culture was rampant. Mickey raised the bar for training and some lads didnt want to know so we have what we have. I couldn't go tonight but I believe we were awful, it will be tough on new lads but they'll have to learn fast. Only 3 home games also a tough one too.

You were poor and we were good. I expected a win to be honest given all the departures but not that win.
Heard someone saying you trained for 28 days in a row before Christmas and players walked over the head of that. I doubt it was that extreme tho

I doubt very much if that is true but if it is then not a bit of wonder lads are opting off county panels. That's ludicrous for amateur sportsmen.

keeperlit

Cavan were not good but still managed to open Armagh up very easily, right up the middle of the defence. Armagh very good going forward and scored some super points but defence is a major problem, with what can only be described as  an obsession with marking space. This might sound harsh on Armagh but with the forward talent at our disposal, if there was a wee bit of structure about our defence, we would comfortably be a division 1 team.

illdecide

£19 admission is def too steep btw. I know the late fee and if I'd bought it earlier blah blah, I reckon If they'd reduced the price (assuming the GAA sets the price) there would def have been another few thousand at the game
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Itchy

Quote from: illdecide on January 26, 2020, 12:31:48 AM
£19 admission is def too steep btw. I know the late fee and if I'd bought it earlier blah blah, I reckon If they'd reduced the price (assuming the GAA sets the price) there would def have been another few thousand at the game

Anyone paying in sterling is getting doubly rode too

Throw ball

Good win for Armagh last night but Cavan were extremely poor. Tougher challenges lie ahead. Must say in matches to date i would not be a great fan of offensive mark. Teams have been setting up even more defensively . In saying that when Armagh played with the wind they were able to score from distance as Cavan were too deep. Be interesting to see will the same happen in other matches.

Look-Up!

What's this supposed to mean? We had the most disciplined and fittest Cavan panel as ever we had. If Cavan management are too f*****g ignorant/stupid to recognize what's sustainable or responsible in terms of training commitment or are just too greedy and squeezing as much money out of CB getting paid by the session, then that's on their heads. Trying to twist this onto the players is hard to stomach.
If you have some notions in your head that this is the dawn of a new era, that a regime like this is going to develop a new type of Cavan footballer and keep them long term, I'd advise you to lose them quick.

bennydorano

Quote from: illdecide on January 26, 2020, 12:31:48 AM
I've sort of given up on GAA in general, went to half a dozen games in total last year- heard someone say it was £19 during the week and assumed they were mistaken- but wow, that is scandalous.

The GAA is on a very dodgy road in general, stupid rules, constant tinkering, no concern for clubs - it's hurtling towards an unsustainable semi-pro county game.

Itchy

Quote from: Look-Up! on January 26, 2020, 10:31:44 AM

What's this supposed to mean? We had the most disciplined and fittest Cavan panel as ever we had. If Cavan management are too f*****g ignorant/stupid to recognize what's sustainable or responsible in terms of training commitment or are just too greedy and squeezing as much money out of CB getting paid by the session, then that's on their heads. Trying to twist this onto the players is hard to stomach.
If you have some notions in your head that this is the dawn of a new era, that a regime like this is going to develop a new type of Cavan footballer and keep them long term, I'd advise you to lose them quick.

Look lad, I dont give a f**k what you think. I have enough contacts of my own to know whats going. Trying to smear Mickey Graham as some sort of money grabbing manager is revolting, he is a Cavan man through and through and has the interest of the county at heart, same as Terry Hyland had. And do tell, who were the players that wanted Terry gone - some of them no longer on the panel either. You'd be better off calling your buddies who left the panel and telling them to take down their twitter avatars in their cavan jerseys as they are not cavan players anymore.

What is expected of a Cavan player in terms of training is no different than any other team with serious ambitions, the fact that our players haven't done it in the past is why we are visibly so far behind your Tyrones and Donegals of this world in terms of conditioning. Fine if you don't want to do it then off you go and let someone in who is. That's where we are now, we have players who 100% want to play for Cavan. They may be young, raw, well behind in S&C and they may not be the most skillful players in the county but they are there and trying and committed.

Mickey has ended up with what he has and no amount of pissing and moaning about what is expected of todays players will not change it.

Kingdom37

Think Westmeath will give Clare a good trimming. Clare have lost a few bodies.

rodney trotter

Westmeath are without a few themselves. Ger Egan their top scorer last year injured, and Kieran Martin.

Clare ahead 1-2 to 1pt

larryin89

Roscommon blow a six point lead in injury time  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) :D
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Helix.

Quote from: larryin89 on January 26, 2020, 03:36:33 PM
Roscommon blow a six point lead in injury time  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) :D

Could be a valuable point for Laois in the grander scheme of things.

Kingdom37