Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

I suspected that it wouldn't take long until the usual suspects appear with their pitch forks. I thought it might take a bad performance by Cathal before everyone jumped on him but they've exceeded even my expectations with the haste of their begrudgery. 
That was never a square ball!!

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: stillsenior on February 07, 2020, 01:26:12 PM
Not sure how true it is but heard that media in Australia reckon McShane wouldn't have cut it in AFL and that Brisbane might be glad he didn't sign their contract before he went out for the "trial"

That would have been no shame not to make it in the AFL, especially as a key forward. McShane is a big enough lad in GAA terms, height wise he's something similar to an AFL key forward but he's nowhere near the athlete of Lance Franklin or the top guys in that position in AFL footy. It would have been a massive gamble for any of those clubs on him.

redhandefender

Its a s**t sport anyway glad he is staying

trailer

Few thoughts

What the f**k is going to do in Keystone?
Does this set a really dangerous precedent?
How does this square with fair employment etc? Should anyone care?

Rumours I heard so far inc
60k Salary with Keystone
House in downtown Owen Roes / Site in the suburbs of Owen Roes
Two other Club Tyrone men stumped up £25k each lump sum
Car fully sponsored

So all pretty believable. Next week Ronan McNamee is off to play table tennis professionally in China.....

bogball88

Quote from: trailer on February 07, 2020, 02:31:30 PM
Few thoughts

60k Salary with Keystone
Car fully sponsored

So all pretty believable. Next week Ronan McNamee is off to play table tennis professionally in China.....
;D

trailer

Quote from: bogball88 on February 07, 2020, 02:34:51 PM
Quote from: trailer on February 07, 2020, 02:31:30 PM
Few thoughts

60k Salary with Keystone
Car fully sponsored

;D

And another thing - first shit game he has they'll all have something to listen to. Harte, Coyle and McShane.

screenexile

Quote from: Angelo on February 07, 2020, 09:29:37 AM
60k a year wouldn't be an earth shattering deal for a university graduate like McShane with the profile he has.

I saw Aidan O'Shea was gifted a 70k car during the week by a local garage.

Yeah sure £60k jobs in Mid Ulster for a teaching graduate with no real work experience happens all the time... what planet are you on??

Fair play to him I'd say it's great now but a couple of bad results and it wouldn't be hard for some resentment to set in from other players who aren't being as well looked after.

With regard to the pooling funds thing I'm not sure about Tyrone but Dublin definitely did it and fair play to lads like Brogan who were absolutely coining it and then went on and shared it with subs and lads with a lower profile!

nrico2006

Don't see why anyone here should or would care about his job or how much he is getting.  The only point of interest is that our best forward is available this year, far better state of affairs than at the same stage last week.  Fair play to Harte if he did use his 'powers' to help convince him to stay, that's what you would expect or want your manager to do.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

southtyronegael

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 07, 2020, 01:28:12 PM
I suspected that it wouldn't take long until the usual suspects appear with their pitch forks. I thought it might take a bad performance by Cathal before everyone jumped on him but they've exceeded even my expectations with the haste of their begrudgery.
I don't see anyone jumping on Cathal.

southtyronegael

60k a year wouldn't be an earth shattering deal for a university graduate like McShane with the profile he has.

average salary in the north is 33000. He getting near double that. Did Cathal graduate?

The Bearded One

Quote from: southtyronegael on February 07, 2020, 03:10:20 PM

average salary in the north is 33000. He getting near double that. Did Cathal graduate?

I didn't graduate and I earn over £50k per year, what the hell does that matter?
It is what it is. Presumably.

southtyronegael

Quote from: The Bearded One on February 07, 2020, 03:12:29 PM

I didn't graduate and I earn over £50k per year, what the hell does that matter?
I didn't say it mattered. 50000? You working in keystone too?

screenexile

Quote from: The Bearded One on February 07, 2020, 03:12:29 PM

2 years after leaving education and without any experience someone just gave you over 50k a year working a job in Mid Ulster??

stillsenior

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 07, 2020, 02:07:39 PM
Quote from: stillsenior on February 07, 2020, 01:26:12 PM
Not sure how true it is but heard that media in Australia reckon McShane wouldn't have cut it in AFL and that Brisbane might be glad he didn't sign their contract before he went out for the "trial"

That would have been no shame not to make it in the AFL, especially as a key forward. McShane is a big enough lad in GAA terms, height wise he's something similar to an AFL key forward but he's nowhere near the athlete of Lance Franklin or the top guys in that position in AFL footy. It would have been a massive gamble for any of those clubs on him.

I wasn't suggesting that there would have been any shame. It probably worked out better for Brisbane and definitely for Cathal. It would have been an awful waste and loss of talent to Tyrone (and Qwen Roes) if he was out there on a 2 year contract as has been suggested and not made the grade. I'm glad to see him back in a Tyrone jersey and wish him every success in his new job!

RedHand88

Personally I don't believe they are paying him £60k.
He'd be one of the highest paid men in Cookstown if it's true.