Ticket sellers....

Started by RedHand88, May 09, 2024, 08:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Quote from: screenexile on May 09, 2024, 10:41:47 PMIt's a military exercise now I've heard of clubs mapping out housing estates and hitting an area 2-3 times to make sure they get everyone.

An Antrim club appeared 3 nights in Ballinascreen the week before last... they've been raving about how well they've been received. To be fair our people would be good at supporting any GAA draw and we get plenty of visitors because of that.

I know you feel bad not buying but we're all grown men and women if we don't want to buy a ticket we don't have to!!
Quote from: screenexile on May 09, 2024, 10:41:47 PMIt's a military exercise now I've heard of clubs mapping out housing estates and hitting an area 2-3 times to make sure they get everyone.

An Antrim club appeared 3 nights in Ballinascreen the week before last... they've been raving about how well they've been received. To be fair our people would be good at supporting any GAA draw and we get plenty of visitors because of that.

I know you feel bad not buying but we're all grown men and women if we don't want to buy a ticket we don't have to!!

I'd always buy a ticket.

It's a hard job and we'll all have to sell at some stage.

Tickets seem to be back in fashion. For a while it was all corporate gigs for the fundraising.   

ONeill

Must be a locale thing. I've been here 18 years and have never had a GAA club ticket seller.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gallsman

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on May 09, 2024, 10:29:54 PMI find it hard to turn anyone away particularly if they've travelled a long distance. I remember one dark wet winter Sunday night a few years ago a couple of boys from magherafelt landed at my door with tickets. I took them in and made them tea. One of them told me in the course of the conversation that he worked in the civil service in Belfast and had done a half days overtime that morning. Now that's dedication to your club

I wouldn't be worrying about him being burnt out if that's your concern. Double time and TOIL for doing shag all. He'd have been delighted to head down.

Dougal Maguire

The poor fella was dead on his feet 😂
Careful now

quit yo jibbajabba

One of the few covid benefits - got bit of peace for a couple of years 🤓

JoG2

Quote from: marty34 on May 09, 2024, 10:48:04 PM

I'd always buy a ticket.

Tickets seem to be back in fashion. For a while it was all corporate gigs for the fundraising.   
[/quote
Quote from: marty34 on May 09, 2024, 10:48:04 PM

I'd always buy a ticket.

Marty, if you could post your home address, thanks

PMG1

I am out selling at the minute, response in general has been very good, people very understanding as to what it takes to get the facilities needed for a modern GAA club. Success rate in decent GAA towns would be 60-70%, I.e. 7 out of every 10 doors, it's lesser obviously in more mixed areas or larger towns.  I have to say that the amount of 'people from the other community' who will buy a ticket has really astounded me. 

When someone knocks your door you need to remember a few things (1) they have given up 4 or 5 hours of their evening to try to gain vital funds for their club (2) there are few if any grants available for clubs at the minute (3) the cost of building new changing rooms or pitch's at the minute is astronomical (4) clubs have never had as many children (boys and girls) using their facilities and therefore nearly all clubs need more facilities and (5) buying a ticket is only money leant, sometime your own club will need to raise funds for a development and will be knocking at our doors, you could be the one doing that travelling and giving up one or two evenings a week and when this happens what answer would you like to be hearing at the doors

RedHand88

2 of the 5 sellers went around the back of the neighbours house when there was no answer and looked in through the kitchen window. I've seen the cctv.