The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: Orchard park on April 11, 2018, 01:57:09 PM
and putting wasnt his problem in 2011 either........

i'm not saying JP would have made the difference on Sunday but a yes man buddy wasnt going to be of much help in the pressure.

anyways I'm delighted the smug p***k is still waiting to win there......

Why don't you like him?
Of all the things wrong with his game, his caddy ain't one of them. Some players want caddys to help them line up puts others want to do it themselves. Putting is sounique to the golfer, different styles, short putters, long putters, quick, slow etc. A caddy won't make any difference unless the player allows them to.

Orchard park

going back 13 years to the west of ireland i have a intense dislike of McIlroy and his zealot of a father and all connected to them. It may not be rational but most who have crossed their paths since would know where i am coming from. I respect the money raised by the PR / Charitable foundation but i will delight when i see him depending on sponsors passes to play tournaments.

Give me gentlemen like Paul Dunne, Shane Lowry, Padraig harrington, Graeme McDowell and Paul McGinley any day of the week

My point is Rory wants a yes man on the bag, so he got one, but it wont call his putts so that one is all down to his own failings

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orchard park on April 11, 2018, 04:28:42 PM
going back 13 years to the west of ireland i have a intense dislike of McIlroy and his zealot of a father and all connected to them. It may not be rational but most who have crossed their paths since would know where i am coming from. I respect the money raised by the PR / Charitable foundation but i will delight when i see him depending on sponsors passes to play tournaments.

Give me gentlemen like Paul Dunne, Shane Lowry, Padraig harrington, Graeme McDowell and Paul McGinley any day of the week

My point is Rory wants a yes man on the bag, so he got one, but it wont call his putts so that one is all down to his own failings

Did someone not sign your autograph book? I doubt very much Rory will need to get tournament passes.. Jesus you're as bad as LL
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

From when he was 15??!!

Minder

McIlroy hit 8 greens in regulation in the final round so let's not get too fixated on the putting
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

screenexile

Quote from: Minder on April 11, 2018, 08:20:09 PM
McIlroy hit 8 greens in regulation in the final round so let's not get too fixated on the putting

His short game is excellent I think we can all agree on that.

How many putts less than 10ft did he miss?

laoislad

Quote from: Orchard park on April 11, 2018, 01:57:09 PM
and putting wasnt his problem in 2011 either........

i'm not saying JP would have made the difference on Sunday but a yes man buddy wasnt going to be of much help in the pressure.

anyways I'm delighted the smug p***k is still waiting to win there......
;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

trailer

You need to let go.....

Orior

Disappointing final day by Paul Dunne in Spain. I'd like to see Paul:

1) Speed up his game. He will get penalised if he gets any slower
2) Smile. At least look like you are enjoying living the dream

Keep up the first three days performance and he should win on tour this year.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

David McKeown

I had a similar experience when I played in a tournament with him several years ago. I was so bad his dad asked officials to remove me after nine holes because I was putting Rory off. That said maybe that kind of attitude is what it takes to be one of the best in the world.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

gerrykeegan

Quote from: David McKeown on April 15, 2018, 04:55:18 PM

I had a similar experience when I played in a tournament with him several years ago. I was so bad his dad asked officials to remove me after nine holes because I was putting Rory off. That said maybe that kind of attitude is what it takes to be one of the best in the world.
Jesus how bad were you. Those lads are well used to playing golf with people who are there because of their money..and are brutal..... And I'm not suggesting you are that lad.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Kidder81

Trump must be a
Quote from: gerrykeegan on April 15, 2018, 08:11:54 PM

Jesus how bad were you. Those lads are well used to playing golf with people who are there because of their money..and are brutal..... And I'm not suggesting you are that lad.

Trump must be good

David McKeown

Oh I was awful, played off 13 and was playing poorly and it was a decent level youth tournament that i was playing in as easily the worst member of an otherwise pretty good school team. McIlroy would have only been 12/13 and I was 16 or so at the time

Orior

Quote from: David McKeown on April 15, 2018, 10:08:20 PM

Oh I was awful, played off 13 and was playing poorly and it was a decent level youth tournament that i was playing in as easily the worst member of an otherwise pretty good school team. McIlroy would have only been 12/13 and I was 16 or so at the time

That is the weirdest thing I have ever heard. Can you ask for a member of the opposition to be removed, or was it a joke?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

David McKeown

I can assure you having shot near 50 on the front 9.  I wasn't his opposition but I finished the round anyway and shot about a 93 and him about a 68. I didn't play in the next round nor the match play and don't know if he did but he won the thing within a year or two and I was never back near the thing again. I can safely say the whole thing had no impact on my game whatsoever.