The official GAABOARD Poker thread.

Started by Puckoon, November 20, 2007, 04:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

could start a homer free stuff thread to go along with the guinness one ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

downtown

www.pkr.com

very good online poker site.

play quite a lot on it for money. 10 and 20$. cant beat the game. you should try that site altho cant beat the proper game!

Homer

Sent on those email lads so you should have them now.

supersarsfields

Cheers Homer and it reads grand once you zoom in on the pages.
Does anyone play on party poker?

gerry

Play most weekends with a few mates hard to bet a game of Texas hold em.  Play online with Paddy Power weeknights while reading treads on here.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Homer on November 20, 2007, 05:32:47 PM
Sent on those email lads so you should have them now.

thanks homer will sort you out when i win a world series ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

thejuice

Aye that takes me back........playing Texas hold-em' in college, with a cup of change and 24 cans of beer and a bottle of rum between 3 of us. Those were the days.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

the Deel Rover

used to play southern cross in college great game at the time but i forget how to play it or else i was drunk when playing it
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Puckoon

Quote from: the Deel Rover on November 21, 2007, 02:58:53 PM
used to play southern cross in college great game at the time but i forget how to play it or else i was drunk when playing it

Sounds like a baptist college in the deep south!

Puckoon

Managed to play my way into Harrahs freeroll  satellite tournament for the world series of poker tournament today. Two sessions, 9am until 1pm, then 6pm until the last man standing. Total prize pool of 20,000$ up for grabs - first place a seat at the 2008 world series main event (or 10,000$) Should only have to survive around 100 other players, to make the final table and hopefully some money.

Question - would you take the money, or the seat at the 2008 main event if you were lucky enough to win it all....?

With baby puck on the way, and militant Mrs Puck, my mind is already made up.... :-\

full back

Quote from: Puckoon on November 30, 2007, 02:47:08 PM
Managed to play my way into Harrahs freeroll  satellite tournament for the world series of poker tournament today. Two sessions, 9am until 1pm, then 6pm until the last man standing. Total prize pool of 20,000$ up for grabs - first place a seat at the 2008 world series main event (or 10,000$) Should only have to survive around 100 other players, to make the final table and hopefully some money.

Question - would you take the money, or the seat at the 2008 main event if you were lucky enough to win it all....?

With baby puck on the way, and militant Mrs Puck, my mind is already made up.... :-\

Has to be the main event - you might never get a chance to do it again

Puckoon

Aye, I hear what you are saying fullback.

Financially I couldnt let the money go this year. Hopefully in the future ill get a wee trip to vegas and play in the world series (although not necessarily the main event - too much of a lottery).

the Deel Rover

good luck puckoon aye take the money and run you will have plenty of time to get to vegas. Have you got this far before?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Puckoon

This is my second time playing in the freeroll final. The morning qualifying is tough (i didnt make it through the morning session last time), because the blinds double every 15 minutes, as opposed to the 20 minute rounds in most tournaments. So you have to make some moves even if you find yourself card dead. The other trouble is that harrahs invite a bunch of their diamond star gamblers to play in it for free. These people generally have no clue about the game, and can be very profitable for other players, but by the same token their cluelessness and desire to just gamble, can be very dangerous.
Id really love to make this evenings final table, If I get that far Id have to be happy with my chances.
Thanks for the luck! ;)

the Deel Rover

Are you a tight player or a gus hansen type player puckoon
Crossmolina Deel Rovers