Home Heating Oil - Beware!!!

Started by Tommo2, October 06, 2010, 09:35:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JUst retired

Fair play redhanded, but can he read the delivery note? :)

deiseach

I use the same oil company that my father has used for the best part of 40 years. His reputation is made of granite so they drop the oil in even if I'm not at home and when I come in the next day to pay they behave as if I'm their most valued customer (with obligatory compliment for the aul fella: "gentleman, absolute gentleman"). I'd hate to think they're ripping me off and I'm inclined to carry on trusting them. The fact that they'll deliver without me being there is a marvellous service and I wonder if I started second guessing them whether they'd say sod ya, cash on delivery

The Iceman

Quote from: Tyrones own on October 06, 2010, 10:06:13 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on October 06, 2010, 06:12:11 PM
And how would he pump it back into the tank please tell us?

The Fill connections are on the top of the tanker for one. Based on Weights and Measures Derv or Kero or whatever is being stored is recorded on the way in and the way out..... it would have to be some cowboy outfit to be at that craic.

Like I said before find a decent supplier. You get what you pay for.
Are you saying its not possible IM....do you really believe there aren't people
Capable of such an act especially in this economy

There are definitely people capable of it T.O but go to a reputable outfit and it won't happen.
I have no time for people who shop at Pound Stores and complain about quality or service.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

EC Unique

On a side track what sort of price per litre are people paying these days for heating oil?

Hardy

€0.68 including VAT here in Cork last week.

caughtredhanded

£0.44 per Ltr in North Antrim last week.

Tommo2

Quote from: The Iceman on October 07, 2010, 01:22:34 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on October 06, 2010, 10:06:13 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on October 06, 2010, 06:12:11 PM
And how would he pump it back into the tank please tell us?

The Fill connections are on the top of the tanker for one. Based on Weights and Measures Derv or Kero or whatever is being stored is recorded on the way in and the way out..... it would have to be some cowboy outfit to be at that craic.

Like I said before find a decent supplier. You get what you pay for.
Are you saying its not possible IM....do you really believe there aren't people
Capable of such an act especially in this economy

There are definitely people capable of it T.O but go to a reputable outfit and it won't happen.
I have no time for people who shop at Pound Stores and complain about quality or service.

Its not about going to a reputable firm. Its the delivery driver tthat is benefitting. The firm I had the problem wth would be regarded as a recognisd reputable firm with serveral outlets in NI.

ONeill

A boy put oil into my tank even though I never asked him to.

He took it out agin a month later.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

illdecide

Just ordered 500l of heating oil this morning...£295...WTF. Where is this madness gonna end
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lawnseed

i heard a guy took a sample of his kero and found it was diluted with aviation fuel and this was his explanation for why it didn't last his fill was the correct volume but poor quality
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Bensars

Quote from: illdecide on December 21, 2010, 01:47:17 PM
Just ordered 500l of heating oil this morning...£295...WTF. Where is this madness gonna end

I got some 3 days ago. worked out at 52p litre

Your on 59p a litre. Obviously not enough Jibba Jabber when you were ordering !

delboy

Go gas if you can much better than arseing about with oil  :)

mannix

ever hear of turf?  you lazy sons of bitches and buy an extra jumper.

Gold

Quote from: Bensars on December 21, 2010, 02:05:30 PM
Quote from: illdecide on December 21, 2010, 01:47:17 PM

I got some 3 days ago. worked out at 52p litre

Your on 59p a litre. Obviously not enough Jibba Jabber when you were ordering !

who'd you get yours off Bensars??

I'm ruunin out of oil, fast!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

lawnseed

got a 'pot belly' with a boiler about 2 years ago and got a smart plumber to join it to my existing stanley oil cooker central heating. the way he did it the stanley is getting hot water to heat therefore doesnt use half the oil as opposed to trying heating cold water also the stanley has the electrics to manage the different zones, it works really well last year i only burnt 300 quids worth of oil. there is the drawback that in order to save oil you have to keep the pot belly going but i have a couple of lads who have loads of waste wood which i can get for nothing and i bought a lorry load of logs £1500 which i think are going to last me 3 years or more. we burn everything cardboard, rubbish, we only put the bin out once a month  i should add that our house is 3000sqft.
this is a easy option especially if you've a chimney doing nothing as i had. but if you dont you can buy a kit and build a chimney
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once