Loyalist Marchers forced to defend themselves from attack!

Started by Jim_Murphy_74, August 30, 2010, 04:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonto

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 31, 2010, 09:22:36 AM
Quote from: Tonto on August 30, 2010, 10:24:08 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 30, 2010, 09:44:47 PM
Who are these bucks anyway? I understand the Orange Order, and Paisley's branch of the Orange, and I just about get the Apprentice Boys (when are they ever going to have their time served?).

But who, or what are these? What's their story?
Paisley's branch of the Orange?   ???  Your "understanding" knows no bounds.

What exactly did I say that was incorrect? Ian Paisley is not a member of the Orange Order, and is in the Independent version, as mentioned.
Sorry just noticed this now.  Paisley is not now nor has he ever been an Orangeman, independent or otherwise.  And the Independent OO was founded before Paisley was born (in 1905 I think...).

He is, however, a member of the "Apprentice Boys of the UK City of Culture"

Banana Man

QuoteQuote from: AZOffaly on August 31, 2010, 09:22:36 AM
Quote from: Tonto on August 30, 2010, 10:24:08 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 30, 2010, 09:44:47 PM
Who are these bucks anyway? I understand the Orange Order, and Paisley's branch of the Orange, and I just about get the Apprentice Boys (when are they ever going to have their time served?).

But who, or what are these? What's their story?

Paisley's branch of the Orange?     Your "understanding" knows no bounds.

What exactly did I say that was incorrect? Ian Paisley is not a member of the Orange Order, and is in the Independent version, as mentioned.

Sorry just noticed this now.  Paisley is not now nor has he ever been an Orangeman, independent or otherwise.  And the Independent OO was founded before Paisley was born (in 1905 I think...).

He is, however, a member of the "Apprentice Boys of the UK City of Culture"

Tell me this tonto, when paisley is standing on the platform every year and addressing the independent OO with a purple sash on, what does that sash relate to???

Tonto

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Nally Stand on September 10, 2010, 09:38:05 AM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on September 10, 2010, 06:19:44 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on September 09, 2010, 11:55:21 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on September 09, 2010, 11:37:53 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on September 09, 2010, 11:05:48 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on September 09, 2010, 10:50:15 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on September 09, 2010, 10:29:21 PM

He also is an outspoken critic of SF and has a vested interest in discrediting both SF and the IRA nowadays, so no, his opinions are about as reliable and trustworthy as those of Ruth Dudley Edwards.

Not winding - just asking.

Nally - would you say then that reading the accounts of an ex-mormon, an ex-freemason, or an ex-amyway operative are neither reliable nor trustworthy - just because they have fallen away from a cause they once went to great lengths for?

Why, if someone is a critic, does that make their opinions invaluable, especially if coming from a time spent inside an organization?

Well let me re-phrase...their opinions are as valuable as the reader decides they are. However, things they report as facts cannot be trusted as such people cannot be trusted to write impartially on something which they have a vested agenda against. It's not complicated.

An outspoken critic of anything cannot be totally trusted to write impartially on the subject.

I think anyone with an ounce of sense can judge the partial or impartial nature of critics, or proponents.

Just because someone may be impartial - that does automatically not make them a liar. In a similar vein that you opinions -  with you being a supporter of Sinn Fein and a republican, should not be thrown out the window because you cant be trusted to write on a subject without your own bias.

What is the difference in having a vested agenda against, versus a vested agenda for, unless of course a difference suits ones agenda...

Honestly Puck, it's really not complicated. Would an anecdotal statement of a prosecution witness be relied upon in if such a witness was known to be someone with a vested interest in getting the defendant convicted? Can someone who has a vested interest in attacking the mainstream republicanism be trusted to write in impartial story about mainstream republicanism?

And it is hardly fair to compare me to a published author. I readily admit that I am pro-mainstream republican and have never written a book trying to discuss the subject. Gerry Bradley is someone who's principle motivation is undermining mainstream republicanism and therefor what he presents as opinions are up to himself and the reader, but what he presents as fact must be taken with a pinch of salt.

I know you have indicated before that you are not exactly a fan of the IRA, which is of course up to yourself, however I'm definitely starting to doubt whether you meant it when you said you weren't winding, I really am. If you were anyway impartial in this you would maybe be taking Myles up also for his ...eh hem...."reply" :-\ ...to my last post to him in which he shamelessly avoided replying to any of the questions put to him! Just a thought!
If you want an answer to every point you make, here's a tip - shorten your posts.

YOU WONT ANSWER MY QUESTIONS BECAUSE MY POST WAS TOO LONG??????!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

HAHA Myles seriously, stop making a tool of yourself! If you cannot answer my questions then at least try to come up with a better excuse than that :D :D :D
Much better.  ;)

Nally Stand

Why, because there were no tough questions for you to face?

Cowardly, Myles!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Nally Stand on September 12, 2010, 02:11:52 PM
Why, because there were no tough questions for you to face?

Cowardly, Myles!
No, rather because it wouldn't have required me to write an essay to respond. I'm happy to address the points you make - and you make some good ones - but I'm not going to sit and tackle something which will take me half an hour or longer to get through. I sit down at the PC for 10 or 15 minute spells, so if I don't think I can answer in that time, I don't bother.

Aerlik

Quote from: red hander on September 09, 2010, 10:44:57 PM
Dunno, but reading your cac I know what emus post when you let them near a keyboard after they've taken their heads out of the sand

You mean ostriches - emus don't stick their heads in the sand.  They either stand dead still behind a bush or run very fast over the ground.  And they do enormous damage to propellors.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Aerlik on September 12, 2010, 03:49:25 PM
Quote from: red hander on September 09, 2010, 10:44:57 PM
Dunno, but reading your cac I know what emus post when you let them near a keyboard after they've taken their heads out of the sand

You mean ostriches - emus don't stick their heads in the sand.  They either stand dead still behind a bush or run very fast over the ground.  And they do enormous damage to propellors.
Neither do ostriches, in point of fact.