Laois Senior Football Championship 2018

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, March 09, 2018, 12:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetanta

Another very close battle between Kilcruise and Ballyroan last night. 2 injury time points to win it for Ballyroan. Kilcruise kicked plenty of wides in the first half.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Unlaoised

Quote from: redsetanta on August 29, 2018, 10:32:54 AM
Another very close battle between Kilcruise and Ballyroan last night. 2 injury time points to win it for Ballyroan. Kilcruise kicked plenty of wides in the first half.

Great game ...God Chris conway rolled back the years for a fifteen minute spell some going at 40
LAOIS ABÚ

Laoiseabu

Still not a patch on Mickey Lawlors antics against Portlaoise in the county final 3 years ago 😂😂

BallyroanAbu

5 games this year 1 point is the total score difference.  Kilcruise really put in the work this year I thought we had their number after the League Final.  How wrong I was,  great games may not be top top quality but the tension and passion were absorbing.  Hopefully our lads kick on abit from here.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quarter Final Draws

St Joseph's v Stradbally
Killeshin v Graiguecullen
Emo v O'Dempsey's
Portlaoise v Ballyroan-Abbey

Those games will take place on the weekend of September 14-16. The relegation final between Clonaslee Gaels and Ballyfin Gaels will also take place on the weekend of the quarter-finals.
The semi-finals are fixed for two weeks later on Sunday, September 30, with the final on Sunday, October 14.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

The PRO

That's a very tasty senior draw. Three great derby games there. Emo and O'Dempseys is one that seems to not have happened for a long time and will draw a huge crowd.

redsetanta

Another exciting game between O'Dempseys and Ballylinan. The standard might not be top of the pile but there's plenty of entertaining games in this years championship!
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Don Draper

Quote from: redsetanta on August 30, 2018, 11:07:04 AM
Another exciting game between O'Dempseys and Ballylinan. The standard might not be top of the pile but there's plenty of entertaining games in this years championship!
Not unlike Leinster Football with financially doped Dublin, the Laois SFC is a decent little competition when you take the population doped Portlaoise out of it.

BallyroanAbu

I would say four derby games, gonna be tough for us but somebody has to play them.   

blueandwhite1

Quote from: Don Draper on August 30, 2018, 11:11:21 AM
Quote from: redsetanta on August 30, 2018, 11:07:04 AM
Not unlike Leinster Football with financially doped Dublin, the Laois SFC is a decent little competition when you take the population doped Portlaoise out of it.

Yes - but what would the standard be like?

SCFC

I'll go with Graigue, Joseph's, Portlaoise and O'Dempseys over the weekend.
Emo probably best placed to overturn those predictions. Local derby which could be a cracker.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

I think the local derby tonight between Graiguecullen and Killeshin could be a cracker, two proud clubs from the same parish who will fight tooth and nail for a victory here.
Graiguecullen have always been able to scrape a victory over their neighbours but Killeshin have improved a lot this year and have some great young players coming along.
Graiguecullen are weak enough at midfield and need the forwards to do more, maybe the return of Ambrose Doran might get them over the line but it should be a close, hard battle...

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Great game in O'Moore Park tonight, it had everything you could ask from a championship match. Killeshin have some great talent coming through and probably shaded the game but they were just not able to hold out a great fightback by Graiguecullen when everything looked lost for them.

Jamie Parr was brilliant throughout with his freetaking but it was in those last few minutes that he came up with two unbelievable points from play from outside the 50 meter mark. Those two brilliant scores kept Graiguecullen in it and another long range attempt from him fell short and Graiguecullen worked a goal from it.

Mark Timmons showed his class there tonight when leadership was needed and time after time he broke up dangerous Killeshin attacks near the end when they could have won it. Danny Bolger in the goals pulled off a great penalty save and scored a few long range frees. He showed great calmness when he stroked over a 45 Meter free with the last kick of the game to draw the match and give Graiguecullen another day out.  Brian Byrne did very well while being closely marked by Stephen Attride and scored 3 points from play, no mean feat off a man with the class of Stephen...

I could say so much more about Killeshin, they were great on the night and will be a team to watch in the coming years and could very well win the replay and get to a semi-final this year.
I'm way too tired now to write anymore but you can read the report on the game here: https://www.laoistoday.ie/2018/09/14/neighbours-killeshin-and-graiguecullen-may-battle-again-after-dramatic-draw/

BallyroanAbu

PORTLAOISE WE ARE COMING FOR YOU

"FAMOUS LAST WORDS"

PREDICTIONS FOR WEEKEND
O DEMPSEYS
ST JOSEPHS
BALLYROANABBEY GET ON THE 7/1 NOW AS SOMEONE SAID TO ME EARLIER "IF YOU HAVE A €10 ON BALLYROANABBEY AT 7/1 YOU LOSE A €10 :) :)"

The PRO

Poor enough in Portlaoise last night.
Emo very disappointing particulary their forwards. O'Dempseys always slightly the better team. Barry Kelly played well again.